2003 Volkswagen Passat consumer reviews

$21,750–$22,825 MSRP range
side view of 2003 Passat Volkswagen
Explore the 2003 Volkswagen Passat

Best car I have ever owned

I love my Passat all 120,000 miles of her. Her handling will put any Non German made cars to shame. Everyone should drive a Volkswagen our roads would be safer

4.4

Love my 2003 passat use correct oil

I have a 2003 passat with 110000 miles and love every minute.Feels live driving a smooth tank with speed.You must change the oil and use full synthetic 0-40then you wont get the sludhe build up and do the work yourself .Not that difficult.

A GEM!

I've loved this car! I hand chose it- exterior and interior colors- and it's been a pleasure to own and drive. Never had any trouble whatsoever- incredibly dependable!

4.1

Great car

Great car for daily driving. Does it purist of getting you around. The awd version is good. Could be better on gas. But great other wise

I like to much the vw Passat

This is the car I like they have 8 cil. Motor very special car for me.in the past I have in 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and now I gone but the 8 col.

Built like a tank, very safe. Saved my life once.

Very well made, reliable, handles very very nice , tough as nails and durable. Towed family trailer for years without issue.

4.1

My Favorite Car

I loved this car. The performance and engineering were superb and the comfort, security, and safety were top notch. Only problem was that the level of maintenance required was more than I could provide. If you are a very detail oriented do-it-yourselfer or don't mind paying the dealership to do the regular maintenance then this car could be good for you. Also - there is a huge difference between this car and non-northern european cars in terms of winter comfort, handling in icy or snowy weather, and general safety in bad weather, You can really tell this car was designed by people living in a snowy/icy climate.

very reliable car

Strong engine and transmission. Never had problem. I had 2003 model and I recommend passat to my cousin also.

2.1

Worst good ride

The car drive's well initially but later check engine showed up. Just want to save myself of all the stress had to return it to the dealer for a Honda.

Absolutely love this car

This is the best car I ever owned. Drives very well, reliable, body doesn't rust at all. I put over 200K miles and had very few issues. I've had american made cars before and the difference is noticed right away in attention to details.