2003 Volkswagen Passat consumer reviews

$21,750–$22,825 MSRP range
side view of 2003 Passat Volkswagen
Explore the 2003 Volkswagen Passat

Fun to drive

If you like to have fun driving,drive one of these.They handle the roads with agility.They are sleek and fuel efficient.If you can find a foreign car repair specialist in your area,your all set.The 2.8 V6 with 4motion is a great combination,very safe and handles snow extremely well.

Great Car

I own a 2003 Passat GLX-V6 and love this car. It is the best car I have ever owned. It is smartly designed, very comfortable, sporty to drive and plenty of room for 5 passengers. I highly recommend this car.

2.7

VW

I own two VW's and they are the most unreliable cars I have ever owned. The dealership tells me that VW does have problems and VW North America tell me they have never heard this. Check out JD Powers and VW's are rated four from the least reliable cars made. If you are going to own a VW product get your check book ready!

Best car that I've ever owned

Super smooth, very comfortable, very refined. VW Engineers got it right. system works amazing in the rain and snow. Monsoon stereo sounds amazing. All the extra options are really nice. The memory seats tied to the remotes are very cool - where even the side mirrors change to either Mem1 or Mem2 when you unlock the doors. Heated seats are really nice. The car has been very reliable, and fun to drive." I would recommend this vehicle to a friend: Yes This vehicle was purchased: New

2.6

maintenance costs for outweigh the good

We bought the '03 Passat used. We have replaced just about every replaceable part in the engine - coils, motor mounts. Major sludge problem, VW fixed it once at about 65,000 miles but now we're at 94,000 miles and it's done it again. They won't fix it this time. Now I'm stuck with a very nice dead car. We've used synthetic oil since we bought it.

A truly great car

I've owned two Passats, my current one is an '03 W8 model. It's truly a great car (for all of the past 6 years that I've owned it). Its German engineering is obvious in every way, the terrific handling, the fit-and-finish, the great ride, etc. The car drives like a slot-car with its tight steering and all-wheel-drive handling. The 8-cylinder power and acceleration are also confidence building. VWs are a true bargain for those who want European looks and quality. I'd highly recommend this W8 model.

Been Blessed to own this Reliable 2003 Passat

Just love everything about it...heated front seats, quiet engine..rain sensor wipers..(whoopi!), backseat armrest..inside is spacious. I chose the right car as it wins Trendcar of the Year 2012...wat more can u ask for....

Very reliable car

The quality of German cars is as good as it gets in a car. I have owned a Passat for several years and I love the car.

2.1

WORST VW EVER

This was the fourth VW I've owned. Such a disappointment. Completely unreliable. The model has a major engine design flaw that will cause a sludge issue that will require the engine to practically be rebuilt. Fortunately, mine was still under warranty when it happened. There's also a design flaw that causes water to collect inside the dash board, will cost a fortune to fix, and will just happen again. I expected so much more from VW than this lemon. Do yourself a favor. Don't buy a 2003 Passat.

1.9

Notoriously unreliable

The most unreliable car ever !!!! just stay away from it. the MIL light comes on every few months and the VW dealerships don't have a clue.not worth the high price. i will never buy a VW again