2017 Passat

2017 Volkswagen Passat

2017 Volkswagen Passat

Have You Driven the 2017 Volkswagen Passat?

Best driving car i bought, smooth, handles amazing

by Barbie55 from Belleville n,j, on Tue Jul 25 2017

The car has plenty of room Safety, features Amazing, on the road very smooth ride, very sporty inside and out.

Very reliable and great on ’’

by Jaz from on Sun Oct 22 2017

This vehicle meets all of my needs. It’s reliable and great on gas ’’ great gas mileage . I love my Passat and will recommend Heritage VW South Atlanta.

Best features on a new car

by Passat SEL Driver from Maitland, FL on Tue Oct 31 2017

I love my new Passat! It has so many features for safety and fun! I elected to get a new 2017 since there were great incentives.

Very nice car for the money

by Mstrott from Baltimore, md on Wed Aug 23 2017

I enjoy the interior design and the sleek exterior. It doesn't have much power but it makes up for it with with style

A sound choice

by JK Roberts from Phoenix, AZ on Sun Jan 21 2018

This is my first 'normal' car. After years of modified sports and performance cars, I wanted something simple, affordable and practical. The Passat is cleanly designed and this generation won MotorTrend's car of the Year. I like the size of the back seat and trunk, which helps with a family of fours needs. Interior features are nice. Best part is the value. No other car on this price range offered so much. The competition looks cheap in comparison.

Latest in a line of VWs

by Yorkie 54 from Florence SC on Tue Jul 25 2017

This will be my 4th VW, but 1st Passat! I was a Jetta/Golf man before but decided it was time to slow down a little and the Passat was the perfect choice. The trunk is like a cavern, which is augmented went the back seats are folded down. The comfort, ride handling & build are second to none.

Lots of bells and whistles on SEL Premium

by Fxr from Tampa on Wed Nov 08 2017

Like the turbo engine, auto sensing cruise control, blind spot monitors and larger screen on the SEL. Heated seats are a nice feature, CarPlay and more.

Great car!

by Rick from HHI, SC on Sun May 21 2017

Had a 2013 Passat and traded it in for a 2017. The new one drives very similar to the old one which is great. Very roomy in the front and back and plenty of truck space. Very happy with it.

R-Line

by Bieglesworth from St. Louis, MO on Mon Aug 07 2017

I bought this car as I was in an accident and my car was totaled. I previously owned a 2014 Chrysler 300. When I started to look at the Passat, I thought it was ultimately going to be a downgrade. However, I was more than surprised with what I got. I chose the R-Line version for the sporty look and got the upgraded LED lighting kit. From a looks point, its about as sporty as a midsize sedan can get. On the interior, it is beyond roomy. I am 6'2 and I can set my seat at a comfortable distance and then sit in the back with about 4 inches between my knees and the front seat. The touchscreen and electronics are an upgrade over my last car by leaps and bounds. One of the biggest parts I like about the vehicle is what comes with it standard. It, in my opinion, is loaded like a luxury vehicle, with many features that other manufacturers charge to upgrade. Leather seats, heated seats, blind spot warning, back up cam, back up warning, etc. The only things that I wish it had were a sunroof ($1600 to add), touch start (not an option for this trim), and remote start ($600 upgrade). Overall, it is a great vehicle. You get the German performance without the German price that you would pay for the Audi, Mercedes, or BMW. But you still get all the same features.

Great Car. Love Mine

by VW Fan 1990 from Mayfield Heights, OH on Sat Nov 18 2017

Before my Passat, I had a '16 Beetle. That was my first VW product. After coming from a terrible instance with two Fiat's, I needed a change. The Beetle was a great car, just a bit too small for my practical needs over time. I went to my local VW dealer and they were able to make a good deal on my '17 Passat. It's just the basic S, but it has what I need and does everything nicely. Overall fit and finish is good inside and the feature content for the money is on par with others in the class. I am surprised it didn't have heated side mirrors like the Beetle, but that's a small point. The space inside is great and the 1.8T is a nice engine. Over FE has been as high as 43MPG for me. Smooth, comfortable and handsomely stylish, I'd recommend the Passat.

Our Take on the 2017 Volkswagen Passat

The verdict:

Multimedia system updates, a slew of new advanced safety features and lower fuel costs make the refreshed 2016 Volkswagen Passat much more attractive, even if its styling changes go largely unnoticed.

Versus the competition:

The Passat remains one of the roomiest and best-driving mid/full-size sedans. Updates where they were most needed keep the 2016 competitive, though its mileage is beginning to trail even though it went up this year.

Editor’s note: This review was written in January 2016 about the 2016 Passat, but little of substance has changed for this year. To see what’s new for 2017 click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years. To read the full review of the 2016 Passat, click here.

When it was introduced, the current-generation Volkswagen Passat sedan won Cars.com’s top award, the Best of 2012. The midsize-priced, full-size sedan aged well, and the 2015 took third place against nine competitors — most of which had been redesigned more recently — in our $27,000 Midsize Sedan Challenge. For 2016, Volkswagen’s product planners left well enough alone and improved only what... Read More