NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2018 Tiguan

2018 Volkswagen Tiguan

2018 Volkswagen Tiguan

Have You Driven the 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan?

The best compact 3-row vehicle on the market

by oronymo from Seattle, WA on Wed Feb 21 2018

The 2018 Tiguan, especially the SEL Premium version with LED headlights, is a perfect execution of simple, clean, classic German design without all of the silly and quickly dated flourishes common on its Japanese counterparts. The "Silk Blue" is particularly fetching in this model. The value is exceptional - with just about every feature one could possibly want in a vehicle - all within the value range of $30-40k. In fact, we are continuing to discover new features and conveniences like rain sensing wipers, customizable driver profile memory, active lane assist, customizable driving dynamics, and more. The new Tiguan has the best infotainment system of *any* vehicle we tested - even compared to the fantastic new Volvos - with a large, very slick and responsive glass touchscreen (unlike the slow Volvo interface, or the annoying dial-driven interfaces on Audi and BMW), carplay and android auto, well integrated combination of touchscreen and physical controls for HVAC, and the unique customizable digital cockpit display. But the best, and main, feature that made us select this vehicle over all the other options (especially the Audi Q5) is the optional 3rd row that they managed to fit into a compact 184" long vehicle. They're fantastic for transporting extra kids and very little is sacrificed in cargo space when stowed. The only other options are the Mitsubishi Outlander (ugly, sketchy reliability, uninspiring driving dynamics), Nissan Rogue (incredibly boring in all aspects), Kia Sorento (a good alternative, but bulkier, not as nimble, and surprisingly more expensive), or the Land Rover Discovery Sport (poorer reliability, more expensive, less optimal for city driving). The only disappointment is the engine. It's a retuned VW 2.0T that is supposed to be "more efficient" but it just ends up being slower than the standard 2 liter turbo. Gas mileage is average along with performance numbers. I would have preferred more performance, or at least a better trade off in economy for the decreased performance. The one benefit is that it runs on cheaper regular 87 unleaded (unusual for a small turbo like this). You can also set a default driving dynamics (sport throttle, sport steering, etc.) that is configurable with your driver profile - which helps a lot in making the car feel far more sportier than it's default mode. All in all, we are VERY happy with our purchase.

Great car

by Mflores302 from Yorktown ny on Sun Sep 10 2017

It's an amazing car, I had the 2011 model and they have perfected this one 100 percent. Gas mileage amazing, I drive 65 miles a day and a full tank lasts me a week. Car has tons of room and very comfortable.

Loving this car!

by VAMom2017 from Richmond, VA on Fri Dec 08 2017

My husband has a 2018 Audi SQ5, and I keep telling him that I don't understand why his car costs twice as much as mine! The Tiguan feels very luxurious and drives smoothly. It has many of the same features of the Audi. I'm glad that the back seat is very roomy, though it's at the expense of the third row which is really only suitable for small children. My one complaint is that due to the spare tire and the third row seating, the cargo space floor is set very high.

2018 Tiguan SEL 4MOTION

by Bill & Denise from Chardon Ohio on Mon Mar 05 2018

My wife and I test drove many different cuv & suv from many different manufactures. We settled on a Tiguan sel. Quality of Fit & finish, materials used, technologies, and ease of use are Great! Interior room and quiet cabin were excellent. And visibility is Great! VW hit a homerun with the 2018 Tiguan.

Saved My Life In Colorado

by Rocky from TULSA on Thu Jun 07 2018

Excellent performance and safety. ABS breaking system second to nome. SAVED MY LIFE in the snow and ice in Colorado. I had to make a emergency brake and avoid a tractor trailor by an inch. Breaking saved me .

Love it!

by Annie from Lookout Mountain, GA on Tue Feb 20 2018

We traded our Chrysler Van for this little jewel. I have back concerns and was worried it wouldn't be comfortable on long trips. I was very wrong. It's comfortable, plenty of leg room, little road noise and we love the interior. The heated seats heat in a flash! I'm so glad we bought this SUV.

Gettin' Tiggy With it!

by CT VW Guy from Danbury, CT on Tue Jul 31 2018

I love my new Volkswagen Tiguan. I purchased the the SEL Premium trim level. It's reasonably priced for all the features the buyer gets. It's very comfortable and fun to drive. My favorite things about it are the 360 degree camera, foot-activated trunk opener, easy to use technology (like the navigation, Bluetooth, and Apple Car-Play), roomy back seat, and panoramic sunroof. The storage area in the trunk is enormous. The Victoria Falls wheel rims are sporty, and the deep moss green metallic exterior paint is elegant. Two things I would like to see in the future: standard power passenger seat and more horsepower for the engine.

A pleasantly surprising Compact SUV

by Mr. J from Brownsburg, IN on Tue Aug 21 2018

I picked the new model Tiguan as my preferred choice in a market saturated with compact SUV options. The Tiguan drives and feels quite a bit smaller and nimbler that you would expect. The ride comfort may feel a bit plush compare to the GTI I once owned but it’s planted and quiet. You wouldn’t want to push the Tiguan hard through turns but the overall ride does seem a bit like a Golf-on-stilts feel. The interior does seem a bit spartan but I personally like the clean look and simple layout. Infotainment and climate controls are in easy reach and the driver’s seating position feels just right for my 5’ 7’ frame. The seats may seem on the flat side, but overall comfort is actually quite good. Second row passengers will appreciate the sliding and reclining seats if you have third row seating. As for that third row, it’s a stretch seating anyone larger than a ten-year- old. I recommend leaving it folded down for the added cargo capacity. Acceleration is just adequate but fuel economy is lower compared to other vehicles in this segment. The engine does seem to work harder than expected but once you are up to cruising speed, the Tiguan’s good road manners can lean towards a luxury car feel. It’s not Audi quiet, but it’s definitely nice. I can’t say much about reliability yet but the six year / 72K mile transferable warranty does offer peace of mind. Recommended.

First Impressions

by Happy in Sugar Land, Tx! from Sugar Land on Thu Apr 19 2018

We spent the last 6 months comparing different SUV's for our family of 4, with assorted family and friends along for the ride. Limited choices for the 3rd row that balanced size, fuel economy and price. One of the main considerations for us was our kids are getting bigger and the small second row for everyday use in our Nissan Rogue was getting a bit tedious (move your sit forward, please take your feet out of my back...). So it came to the new rogue, the 4 runner and this. I love the 4 runner looks but found the drive detached, and the fuel economy was weak (I'm in Texas, gas is cheap, so unless you own a gas station....) and the Rogue second row is limited and honestly with the old CVT issues didn't want to think about another one. When I found the Tiguan every box was checked, space, fuel economy, warranty (6yr/72Kmile) design, and aesthetics, if you want AWD and finally price and financing (deals from VW are aggressive!!!) Then we test drove.... WOW. Great drive feel, visibility, ergonomically well thought out, simple yet extremely well appointed options. Slight hesitation in the first two shifts, but not a slow vehicle in the least and if you want to go, its still quick enough. Quiet ride and finally a ton of space for two growing active kids, and extra seats when we need them. For this segment, hands down beats the CRV, Rogue, CX-5 and Traverse when looking across all factors and starting more than 10G below a 4 runner and Highlander for the third row, makes this an excellent choice. Love it! VW got this one right, 100%!

I love my 2018 Tiguan..!!!!!

by BobG from Cumming, GA on Thu May 24 2018

I test drove a bunch but as soon as I saw and drove the Tiguan It was love at first sight. I love the way this car handles, the turning radius is awesome, smooth ride and lots of fun in the Georgia mountain roads, the turbo is excellent. This little car gets it on the highway. I took the time to read all the reviews and paid attention to the negative ones and as far as I'm concerned anything negative about this car is nit picking. Comfortable, stylish (love the body style), cleaver tech, and so much fun to drive. I bought the Tiguan S in Habanero Orange, only had it for 3 months, but still get a thrill when I see it in my garage. I could go on and on...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23