2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Nice suv - 2011 TDI Lux

by from Arizona on May 21, 2011

Only thing I can say somewhat negative about this suv is the huge vw emblems on it. Come on vw make them smaller. Love the suv. The best I have driven hands down. Power, mpg (30mpg on Interstate at 80mph), style, comfort and ride!!

Road Hugging Luxury

by from PA Dutch on February 2, 2011

Handles like an MB TD. I can't believe I can sit up this high & still corner like I'm sitting way down low. TDI pick up is great, although I'm not looking for drag strip performance. I drive leisurely most times. Even new, 28 MPG on trips. Seating comfort is grand. Sound system superb. Only dislikes are: Seat buttons location means that if the driver's door blows closed & you catch it, you hit a seat button. Cup holders should be located 3 inches forward of their current position. I am very impressed with VW's commitment to customer satisfaction. To tal commitment!

nancy

by from Elmira, n.y. on February 15, 2011

Great car rides real smooth. The only down fall is the disc player...in the glove compartment. very poor place can't really be used . otherwise great car.

2011 Touareg LUX TDI

by from Oregon on December 9, 2011

Awesome vehicle - best I have ever owned. Diesel getting better than expected mileage. Lots of power and smooth ride for an SUV. No issues in 4000 miles so far. Sold my Audi Q5 to get this - good decision.

Best in Class

by from St. Louis, Missouri on April 29, 2011

This is the best. Really researched the category, drove them all and I am a former BMW driver (I still have two others) but this thing is the bomb. Best I've driven by a lot.

Almost perfect

by from Alameda, Ca on April 28, 2011

2011 TDI Premium Very nice, but seats could be more comfortable and had trouble with key fob, sine its replacement it’s been fine. Positives; handles great, good acceleration 0-60, fair above that. Very nice interior and love the full sun roof. Very good mileage. Negatives; had minor problems with the key fob, but once it was replaced, it’s been fine

Excellent but too early to tell

by from WI on December 18, 2011

We searched for this vehicle and found an excellent model. Very happy so far. Have placed Blizzex tires on it but alas, no snow yet so can't comment how it will perform in winter conditions.

TDI Mileage Camp

by from Bellevue WA on January 21, 2016

This is a heavy quiet SUV and have the LUX model. Got 27.8 MPG on the highway with an average speed of 78 MPH. Car is quiet and drives with a firm solid feel. Gas prices will go up and this SUV still averages 23MPG around town. Bought the SUV with a burned out tail light and that was the only thing I have done to the car in 4000 miles of driving to date.

best suv i have driven

by from new york on February 19, 2013

only bad thing its the radio need more power,its have a lack of power but after push the gas pedal it just disappear

Best vehicle I've ever owned

by from NY, NY on April 21, 2014

Just absolutely love driving my Touareg TDI. Speedy acceleration, great handling and awesome torque. Looks great inside and out, seats are the most comfortable I've owned.

Our Expert Review: 2011 Volkswagen Touareg