2011 Volkswagen Touareg consumer reviews

side view of 2011 Touareg Volkswagen
Explore the 2011 Volkswagen Touareg
Shop the 2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Very reliable

Car is very reliable and very strong. It has sufficient legg room for both passengers and drivers. Very powerful engine and drives nice. I would recommend thie car to everyone

4.3

Nice car so far so good

Roomy solid vehicle built with quality in mind no wonder it’s called Touareg Executive comfortable good driving position power lift gate plus all wheel drive.

Best cat for back issues

I got this rousted diesel because my back likes being in it. Period. Seat super comfy and shocks are awesome. Bonus that it is fun to drive an reliable.

4.1

Good vehicle, just doesnt measure up to the V8

This replaced my 2005 Touareq V8. It is nice and runs well. Its diesel so better mileage- thats good. Just not as nice as my old one.

4.4

Well built all wheel drive SUV

This vehicle is up there, can easily rival land rover. Reliable, stable, well built and low cost of ownership. Highly recommended for family daily use.

4.0

Confortable, Safe, Reliable.

I drove this car 4 years ago. I was always amazed by the steering of VW cars. It is unbelievable how this car can minimalistcly be controlled. It is very confy and feels very safe while on the freeway at high speeds (85 MPH), especially that it is lower than other SUVs. The seats are pretty confortable, I would say even more comfortable than a Cayenne seat, the infotainment system and the central console look great, the tachometer is nicely designed and very visible. My friends own VWs and they say that they are very reliable.

Previous MY owner this one has been tops!

Having owned a first and second generation Touareg, the third generation is by far the nicest and most versatile one I?ve owned yet! Very off road capable!

Love my VW Touareg

I love how my Touareg handles in the snow. The size is just right, big enough, but not too big. Drives wonderfully and I have no issues with it other than regular maintenance. Very happy with this vehicle.

4.1

Best highway cruiser.

Being 6' 4", few midsize SUVs, or any car for that matter, are comfortable for long trips. The Touareg is amazingly planted anywhere it goes, and can be extremely fuel efficient. Setting the cruise control between 72 and 78 will easily yield north of 30MPG on the highway - of course depending on payload. With a large, twenty-six gallon fuel tank, one can expect a cruising range of over 700 miles before having to stop for a refuel. For a 2011 model, the technology and amenities are far beyond what would be considered to be standard - the large LCD display mounted between the tachometer and the speedometer displays very useful information about the car, navigation guidance, and other infotainment statues. The navigation is rather robotic, and could use an update, but spending the money to upgrade the system seems non-cost effective with the advent of GoogleMaps and the like. The cargo area can be cavernous when needed, and the seats fold down with the flip of a switch. I am very curious to see how the TDI emissions scandal will affect the performance of my car, as I will be opting to bring the vehicle to emission compliance, rather than selling it back or trading it in. But for now, I will continue to be extremely pleased with my Touareg!

TDI Mileage Camp

This is a heavy quiet SUV and have the LUX model. Got 27.8 MPG on the highway with an average speed of 78 MPH. Car is quiet and drives with a firm solid feel. Gas prices will go up and this SUV still averages 23MPG around town. Bought the SUV with a burned out tail light and that was the only thing I have done to the car in 4000 miles of driving to date.