2007 Volvo S80

2007 Volvo S80

Have You Driven the 2007 Volvo S80?

Very nice automobile.

by joetnvolfan from TN on Thu May 06 2010

Wife had wreck so we had to replace her Avalon. Looked at various makes models but this one caught her eye. We drove it and now we love it. Have heard it is expensive to repair if anything goes wrong. Hope that does not happen!! But, so far, very nice car.

Fast, Comfortable, and amazing design.

by Steve from RhodeIsland on Tue Apr 11 2017

Bought this car to replace my aging volvo 960 wagon that has close to 300k on the clock. I wanted something spacious, fast, and comfortable for daily commute and travel. I would not change a thing about this car, the v8 sounds awesome, the seats just let you melt into them and the swedish design cannot be beat! hope to drive this one way past 300k as well :).

Best Car Ever!

by volvoloverrr from Idaho on Mon Jul 28 2014

I have a 2007 Volvo S80 3.2L. My parents purchased this car when I was in High School, and it was my mother's daily driver. She commutes over 50 miles a day, and the car did very well for her. When I graduated, I bought the car from them because I did not want to take my Tahoe to college (Gas is too expensive to take that boat to school!). I absolutely log this car. My mother owns an automotive repair shop, and I have driven many different vehicles, but this Volvo is defiantly my favorite. It drives extremely well, and it defiantly has enough power for my needs. It is the most comfortable car I have sat in, and I am completely happy with it. A lot of people talk about the cost of owning a European car in these reviews. German cars are especially expensive to work on, but what many people forget is the fact that this car is Swedish. From my experiences, (This car has over 100,000 miles on it), it has not been very expensive to maintain or repair. The labor is not to bad and the parts are not nearly as expensive as a VW or a BMW. Overall this is probable the best car on the road, and I will defiantly buy another Volvo when the time comes!

Good but not great

by Chris A from Philadelphia on Sun Jul 02 2017

I've had a mixed experience with this car. I bought it used with around 116k miles so I've certainly had a few issues which is why I give average reliability. The car itself met all the other requirements I had for it though. I have the V8 and it gets decent mileage for being a heavy AWD car (~18 mpg mixed). The acceleration and sound it makes are great. It rides a little rougher than I'd like but I think that falls on the cheap tires the previous owner put on it. The interior is a great place to be as well. The seats are comfortable and are both heated and cooled in the front. I really like the floating center console and the gauge design. The controls are simple and well laid out. Trunk space is good enough for me and I've had no complaints about rear seat room. Overall it's a good car but I wouldn't recommend the V8 to a non car savvy friend.

Does not recommend this car!!

Awesome performance sedan for the money!

by VolvoGuy97 from Chambersburg on Mon Aug 07 2017

I bought this car with 28k miles and now it has 72k. The car has been extremely reliable and has never had any mechanical issues since I've owned it. The interior is very comfortable for a 2007 car and the sound system is superb. With the v8 engine, the car can hold its own and is very quick off the line for a 4000lb sedan. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a "sleeper" sedan that still can be used to drive 4+ hours comfortably.

A perfect balance

by The car researcher from New York, NY on Sun Jan 21 2007

The all-new Volvo S80 is a very elegant and sedate luxury sedan that manages to neither be over or understated. The rich and graceful Scandinavian styling is conservative but very clean and streamline. Unlike other luxury sedans the center dash is uncluttered and also much improved from the previous generation S80. At the same it is not like the BMW sedans with the i-drive, which crams all the functions into one knob. Our test car had a V-8 engine, which exerts 311-horse power. The V-8 is very responsive although it can be a bit noisy during hard acceleration but that shouldn't be much of a problem since most drivers will enjoy the growl of the engine. Speaking of acceleration the V-8 accelerates at a snappy pace and has plenty of low-end torque for highway lane passing. At cruising speeds the V-8 is very quiet and has plenty of reserved power when you need it although fuel economy is a disappointing 17-city and 25-highway gas mileage. A more appealing solution is that Volvo should offer a lower priced V-8 S80 without the standard AWD. Our V-8 test car was a little pricey with a host of options and packages included but they are amenities that may suit many buyers' fancies. The front seats are very plush and supportive the rear could use a little more legroom, but it’s still very comfortable. The rear cabin is adequate for 2 adults however if adult passengers do not mind a slight squeeze, three in the rear is warranted. The dash is well furnished with clean lines and eye catching wood inlay. The cabin is ultra hush and emphasizes on tranquil ness and serenity. It is truly an island of peace in the middle of hectic freeway traffic. Like any other Volvo the S80 has a host of standard safety features and optional ones such as Pre-Collision warning System, Blind Spot Information System, backup camera, Active Front Lighting, headlamps, WHIPS, which prevents whiplash injury from a rear impact (the seats automatically reclines to reduce momentum), Side impact Protection System and 4 wheel disc ABS braking system with Emergency Brake Assist. Nonetheless Volvo has made a good effort to compete with their German and Japanese counterparts who have dominated the luxury segment for a long time. Overall the S80 is a worthy choice for your next car because it is more dynamic comfortable and powerful than ever before but most importantly it is a reliable car.

Sporty 4-door sedan

by Speed freak from Texas on Thu Oct 18 2007

Not well known...yet. Get one while the deals are good. The quality is immediately noticable. The safety is unparalleled.

Volvo S80 Review

by dduck from Pompano Beach, FL on Wed Mar 04 2009

I leased the 3.2L V6 for 2 yrs and overall I like the car but didn't like the lag between hitting the gas and exceleration. There was plenty of power but responsiveness wasn't as good as the BMW I had previously. Never had a problem other than headlights going out. Car is quiet and smoothe on the road and finishes are very nice.

by jt from 01001 on Fri Mar 11 2011

Purchased used with 40k. Have owned several Volvo and this one is been very good. Volvo has the most comfortable seats. The 3.2 is not as powerful as I would like. Exterior styling I think is beautiful. Good used car for the money. So far very reliable.

by Volvo Fan from Iowa on Mon Apr 16 2012

This has been a great car. A great value for the money- I bought mine used, this is my 3rd Volvo and will be buying more in the future!

Our Take on the 2007 Volvo S80

The new S80 is the best car Volvo has ever made.

Wait, wait, wait — don’t go running off to buy one quite yet. Just because this is the best car Volvo has ever made doesn’t mean it bests the luxury competition, but it sure does its darndest to stake Volvo a claim in the segment as a compelling alternative to BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Cadillac.

The new S80 is loaded with safety features — it is a Volvo after all — has an elegantly designed interior and can even have an optional throaty V-8 under its hood. At the end of each day I kept thinking, “This is a Volvo?”

The Looks
The improvements are of course most noticeable by simply looking at the S80. I wouldn’t call it... Read More