There are a lot of gender stereotypes in the world today, but when it comes to car shopping, many of those assumptions are flipped on their heads. Cars.com research found that men are much more emotional when car shopping, they’re brand-loyal, and they often start the search with a particular car in mind. Women, however, are much more practical and open to finding a car that will work best for their needs.
Here are the most popular car makes and models for women and men, according to Cars.com make and model searches.
Popular Car Makes for Women
Popular Car Makes for Men
Popular Car Models for Women
Popular Car Models for Men
Popular Car Features for Women Vs. Men
1. Backup camera: 48% women and 57% men
2. Automatic emergency braking: 44% women and 41% men
3. Smartphone integration: 33% women and 39% men
4. Premium audio package: 30% women and 42% men
5. In-car Wi-Fi hot spot: 24% women and 28% men
6. Android Auto: 22% women and 26% men
7. Panoramic moonroof: 21% women and 28% men
8. Apple CarPlay: 20% women and 27% men
9. Smartwatch integration: 19% women and 22% men
10. Video entertainment package: 19% women and 25% men
More From Cars.com:
- 7 Great Used SUVs for Small Families
- How We Went From a Safari to an Expedition: Our Car-Shopping Journey
- Family Car News
- Car Seat Checks
- Can the 2018 Ford Mustang GT Really Do a Sub-4-Second Zero-to-60?
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.