Ewald Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM

Sunday Closed Closed
New (414) 386-8714 (414) 386-8714
Used (414) 377-4903 (414) 377-4903
Service (414) 409-7893 (414) 409-7893

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Made me feel like a kid again!

Bran and the entire crew was awesome the whole time. Managers never come out to meet the customers but Andy Brandon and Jake did just that! Let me not get started on Bran... he worked effortlessly and was transparent the whole time. If you’re looking or know somebody looking for a vehicle Bran Thomas and Ewald is the place to be. Made this 77 year old man feel like a kid again.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear you had a good time working with Brandin, Jacob and Andy during your visit. we appreciate your business, and we hope to see you again next time!

Going the extra mile!

Thank you Brandin for going the extra mile during our buying experience. Your sales service was very professional and courteous! My wife and I look forward to working with you again in the future.

Dealer response

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you had a good time working with Brandon, and we look forward to seeing you again next time!

Unprofessional

I was recommended to Patrick by the GM of the dealership following an online inquiry on a vehicle they have on their lot that I was looking into purchasing. Normally I love Ewald's - I have my current Jeep serviced there regularly and have had top notch, professional service each time. Patrick definitely does not meet these standards. He is hard to get in contact with, was rude to me and his in-person customer(s) when I finally did get in contact with him by having multiple conversations at once, and didn't respect the fact that I have my own job hours that I am unavailable during. I told him multiple times via text/email that I would call him back after work, to be met with several more texts and phone calls. At one point I even was getting inappropriate memes/images sent to me via text message from him. Definitely would not recommend.

Dealer response

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the experience you had working with Patrick. We can assure you that we don't conduct business like this, and we apologize for any misconceived interactions. We appreciate your business, and we hope we can earn it back again in the future.

2.2

Horrible Dealership

I am older and have purchased many cars. The salesman was great and very helpful, his name was Dan. He went out of his way to help my daughter and I purchase a vehicle. My daughter is 17 and never purchased a car from a dealer, he was awesome. However, after I purchased the car is when the issue started. We live about an hour away and drove home. We got home and I went to put the parking brake on and it wouldn't budge. Immediately I knew it was frozen. The inspection sheet, that I literally and specifically referenced when purchasing the car, stated the parking brake was in working condition. Not True. The dealership was closed by the time I got home, so I called right away the next morning and spoke to Dan. He said "no problem, bring it back in and we'll take a look." It was approaching a weekend and I was leaving town, so we agreed to bring the car back the following Tuesday to have it looked at. We dropped it off, and waited for the service department to call. They called in the early afternoon and said that it was a $1000 repair and that they would not cover it because the vehicle was sold "as is." Ok, I understand the used car "system." However, I SPECIFICALLY asked if everything on the checklist was true. It was late and I didn't have 4-hours to do a lengthy in-depth inspection when we were at the dealership. I didn't check the parking brake, it's an automatic and I never thought of it, nor have I ever seen a parking brake not work on an automatic transmission. I'm sure it happens...(obviously it does). I went back and forth with this dealership explaining that I would not have purchased this vehicle had I know this, or at least would have asked for the price reduced from the asking price in order to repair. I know this isn't a "necessity" but we also run a family home in which clients could be in this vehicle, as it is in my name, and if I'm driving they could ride. With no parking brake it's illegal. They wouldn't return my or my wife's calls but I was finally able to get ahold of Dan, who offered me a discounted rate on the repair. This is unacceptable. They lied on the inspection sheet and hid behind the "as is" statement. Yes, I signed the agreement upon purchase, but again, with the understanding that it had an inspection that was honest. The least they could have done was replace the parking brake. It didn't "break" on the drive home, it wasn't even used until we got home. I will never go here again. I highly recommend going to another dealer. A dealer who stands behind their product. This place is sleezy. The dealer was legit, but the service is shady.

1.0

2015 GMC Terrain SLT Ewald, Franklin

I had talked with David, Internet sales, about a 2015 Red GMC Terrain SLT. We talked by phone about 5 times on Aug. 21, 2018. I told David I was interested in the vehicle. If the test drive, visual inspection, and the amount on my trade all were good, I'd sign the papers for purchase. I told David I would be driving from Rockford, IL, approximately a 90- minute drive each way. David did tell me a key for the vehicle was broken. He encouraged me to come. When I arrived, I was told the vehicle could not be driven because it was not operational. WHAT?!? Why not let me know and save me the drive? The vehicle also was in much rougher shape than other GMC Terrains I had seen at other dealers. Why Ewald Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Franklin listed this on the web at over $20,000.00 for a nonoperational car baffles me. Why one of their employees would encourage me to drive 3 hours to see a car that did not run is very disappointing. My experience with Ewald was exceptionally poor. The old adage rings true: BUYER BEWARE!! I will not do business with this company again.

Dealer response

Thank you for your review. We truly apologize for the inconvenience and miscommunication during your visit. We truly appreciate your business, and we take your feedback very seriously and will pass it along to the appropriate people to hopefully make future experiences better.

4.0

Good Experience but Some Improvements

Wasn't looking forward to the "dealer experience" part of buying a new vehicle, but found it to be a good experience, not too high pressure. Sales rep was very helpful. Did take longer than expected - waited an hour to see finance manager even after coming back on another day and having an appointment. Also, started our process by reserving a vehicle online thinking it would be ready for a test drive when we got there - it wasn't. Not sure what reserving it online gained us. Also, website information about vehicles was incorrect and was pointed out to sales rep. On the particular vehicle we purchased, the website actually undersold it so we were happy to see there were more features than advertised.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We're happy to hear you had a good time working with Howard during your visit. We truly appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again next time.

Very good experience

I had a very arrenricmve and kind sales rep by the name of Lonnie. I believe he got the best deal for me that he could. All around a really positive experience at ewald.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We're happy to hear you had a good time working with Lonnie during your visit. We truly appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great customer service

Kyle provided great customer service and helped me find exactly what I was looking for. He was very knowledgeable and was able to answer any and all questions I had.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We're happy to hear you had a good time working with Kyle during your visit. We truly appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again next time!

2.0

Any employee can give its co- workers a 5.

This place is a joke. Starts with up front management. Not service. Run like circus. Now you know why the tent on the Ewald sign.

Dealer response

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience during your visit. We'd love to discuss your visit in greater detail. Please give us a call to speak with Brandon. 414-427-2000.

Excellent customer service

We worked with Lonnie and he was very accommodating and took very good care of us. He made sure we got the best deal possible for the vehicle we purchased as well as the trade in.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We're happy to hear you had a good time working with Lonnie during your visit. We truly appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again next time.