Indy Auto Source

4.8 out of 5 (4.8) 184 reviews

• May 9, 2018

A good place to buy a nice reasonably priced car or truck.Car come with warranty and they stand behind it. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

June 18, 2018

After bouncing around to many dealers and dealing with many salesman, I believe we found a dealer that we will always go back to. Craig and Bill did a...n excellent job in making everything comfortable and smooth. They were not overbearing but caring. Before, during and AFTER the process, they were still constantly helpful. I very much recommend you check them out!

February 27, 2018

I dislike the "dance" of buying cars from salesmen. Salesmen are paid to sell you a product. I always have my guard up and am ready for a fight when I... deal with salesmen, especially since I have spent a large portion of my life in sales. CRAIG IS NOT A SALESMAN! He is the most honest car guy and this is the most upfront and honest car lot I have ever been to. He was really busy on a Saturday, yet allowed my wife and I to test drive multiple vehicles, even taking the time to explain what the shop had replaced since they purchased the vehicles from auto auctions in Florida. Craig had receipts to show all the work that was done, and even offered to order us, at his cost an additional remote and detail the vehicle to ensure we were taken care of. Since we needed the car on the following day to drive across the state, he offered to stay late on Monday and give me a loaner to allow him the time to detail the car. A sensor light came on for tire pressure and was able to fix that for me at no cost as well. In addition, he offered us $600 more on trade then any other dealer we had visited. I will be buying all my future vehicles from Indy Auto Source.

February 23, 2018

We went in with 4 little kids and Craig took care of us and got us out the door with our new (to us) vehicle in no time. The office had a pinball mach...ine and arcade game for the kids which gave us just enough time to sign the papers. He has been in touch after the sale to make sure everything met our expectations. He's not pushy, but is able to answer any questions honestly. We felt no pressure, it was a great experience.

January 4, 2018

We bought our son his first car .We paid 6000 for it so we thought we got a good deal not the case had the car a few months. Come to find out it had ...a bad radiator in it. We are now out another 600 . It’s hard telling what else is wrong.will never buy another car from them again. Because in the end you are not getting a good deal

Thank you for sharing your experience. I went through our delivery records and did not find any Watsons that have purchased a vehicle under $7,000 in ...the past year but I will assume the car may have been sold and put into the name of a family member with a different last name. Unlike other dealers who sell older cars in the $6,000 price range AS IS, we fully inspect, recondition and back up our vehicles with a 30 day 3,000 power train warranty that covers the cost of an engine or transmission failure. Now as is the case with every other dealer I have come across in my 27 years in the industry I am unaware of any dealer that provides a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty on $6,000 used cars for any item that fails months after the date of purchase. In addition as we have had sub zero temperatures for the past several weeks, I can say that does contribute to failures in older cars such as failed; batteries, starters and radiators. Provided the vehicle was purchased at Indy Auto Source and not; Indy Auto Imports, Indy Auto Man, Indy Auto Finance etc, you should also recall that you were offered an extended warranty at $100 over my dealer cost as I do see the value of protecting your investment as parts not only fail on newer cars but they are even more susceptible for failure on older cars. In most cases our customers can cover items including; engine, transmission, drive line, head gaskets, air conditioning systems, starters, alternator, radiators, fuel pumps, power windows, power door locks, power seats, ball joints etc for 3 years or 45,000 miles from the date of purchase for about $1,200. Now as this $1,200 sounds high, keep in mind a somewhat minor repair of a Radiator in this case cost you $600 or half the price of the plan which also covers many items that would cost $1,500 - $3,500 to repair or replace such as a transmission or engine failure. I have a folder behind my desk with actual print outs of all sorts of repairs that our customers have had covered under the warranty that they saw value in. I have never had a complaint call or poor review from someone who purchased a vehicle and saw the value of a extended warranty priced $600 below the suggested retail price. What I do run into from time to time is a situation like this where a customer decides to "take my chances" only to post a poor review without even contacting me first to see if I can offer any assistance or advice. Should you have contacted me to let me know of the situation I could have offered several thing. Since several months had already gone by I could have offered to have it replaced at my cost again af about $130 for the radiator and $40 for 2 hours of my mechanics time at his $20 per hour providing you what in my mind would have been a very satisfactory resolution. I do have dozens of customers who have purchased 4-10 cars from me over the years and in this case I may have even covered the repair in its entirety but in a case where I am not given an opportunity to provide any customer service I can only reply to this review. I travel thousands of mile back and forth to all parts of Florida throughout the month to hand select our 7-17 year old 100% rust free underbody southern owned vehicles typically with only about 5,000 - 8,000 miles per year of use. The reason I do this is so I can provide vehicles that no other dealer in central Indiana can offer. Being they have half the average miles of cars this age and that we do fully inspect and recondition them to the needs we find at time of inspection, they do offer many many years of solid service to our customers. Unfortunately I do not have access to a crystal ball to have the foresight to see 3 months or 3 years down the road to guarantee that nothing will ever go wrong wrong. I do the best I can with every situation I am presented with. Thanks again for sharing and best of luck in the future.

August 16, 2017

It was a pleasure working with Craig at Indy Auto Source. This is the 4th car we have purchased with them. They have always been honest and fair with ...us.

August 12, 2017

Wonderful experience! Couldn't be any easier to buy a car. Craig is the total opposite of the stereotypical used car salesman. He is a true profes...sional that puts the customer first. I would buy another car from him in a heartbeat.

July 21, 2017

Craig and Dawn was awesome to deal with. They got my wife and I approved for the car we liked and gave me about a week to decide what I wanted to do a...nd probably would of gave me longer but I decided on my behalf to make the decision just because I know selling cars is a business and they needed to move on to try and sell it. My wife and I was very close to accepting the offer we got but a few things on our end just didnt quite work out like we had hoped. So we had to turn down our offer as of right now. If the car is still available within hopefully month to two months then hopefully we can try to get re approved and work something out. According to Dawn getting us approved was quite the challenge which I figured it would be since we had a couple issues that would defiantly be challenging. I will defiantly recommend Indy Auto Source to anyone looking for a great car and deal. Thank you for your time Indy Auto Source and until next time.

June 15, 2017

While shopping for a Used auto. We came across Indy Auto source. Not only did we find the auto we wanted. But did at a very Fair Price. And the staff ...was very helpful in making it possible for are family to own this auto. Over and above all they Care about the Customer and we Thank you Indy Auto Source J Smith and Family

April 4, 2017

For years I had been looking for a BMW - Z4 in good condition at a fair price. Coming across the Indy Auto Source website I found such a vehicle. I... contacted Craig (owner) and he immediately answered my call. Craig spent a lot of time describing the car in great detailed. We texted back and forth and he was very patient with my questions. He was always available and answered my text messages quickly. When I told him I was interested in looking at the car, he suggested that we meet. I live in Cincinnati (100 miles) from Carmel, Indiana. Craig suggested that we meet halfway on I-74 so I wouldn't have to drive all of the way to Carmel. He told me if I was not happy with the car - no problem - no obligation. We met, and the car was better than I had ever envisioned. The condition was amazing! Even though it was a 2004 - it looked almost new! Great tires, new breaks - new battery - and Craig even changed the oil. Needless to say, I was thrilled and purchased the car on the spot. Craig was great to work with! He is very ethical and honest. I have purchased many vehicles in the past, but Craig made it very simple and easy to do business with Indy Auto Source. Even though this was an older car, he stood behind in and told me that we would take care of ANY repairs at full cost up to 30 days from purchase. I would certainly purchase future cars from Craig and have already recommended Indy Auto Source to my friends.