Universal Auto Plaza

Friday 9:00am–5:00pm 9:00am–6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am–3:00pm 9:00am–6:00pm
Sunday Closed Closed
(816) 895-4997 (816) 895-4997

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

2.0

Insignificant and a bother

We started the car shopping process with this dealership. The salesman, never asked what we were looking for and why, just how much were we looking to spend. I told him I had several we would like to try on their lot. He would just give us keys and take off looking for next person . We drove only about 5 minutes or less each car and would bring back. We drove 3 cars and when I said we had a couple more, he asked "are you going to buy today?" and acted like he wasn't interested in helping us anymore. I told him we would if we found one we liked. The first car smelled like smoke and the last car smelled like dog. I told him I guess we could come back another day when he wasn't busy (he had one other guy who had test drove a car and we saw same guy at another lot down the road less than 10 minutes later). He truly wanted us to come back another day! Cash buyer in front of you and you push them off the lot, because you thought we were taking too much of your time... We spent more time waiting for him to find keys than we spent driving cars. This was my daughter's first experience with trying out cars and she was certain she would never come back to this lot. We went to a couple other lots that day and were definitely treated much more courteously. Big disappointment with this lot

Love My Mazda

Good communication both txt and calls. Mark was able to answer all my questions. Buying the car was quick and they even inspected and serviced it before I picked it up. Would definitely buy from them again.

Perfect car shopping experience!

The most friendly down to earth people I've ever met while shopping for a car. They knew we were just starting our search but treated us as if we were their only customer; which we were not! They were up front about the vehicles we looked at and didn't try to convince us to like the vehicle just presented us with our options! Plus, the cars were great that we drove! We look forward to going back as we progress through our car buying process! The experience was so great it makes me WANT to buy a car from them!

1.8

Unacceptable

I was told the day before to apply online for the car I was wanting by this dealer ship and to come in the next day to buy with a low down payment so I did. The next morning when I arrived I walked in and was ignored until my husband came in with me. Then was promptly told there was no way i was told any of that when both my husband and my grandfather confirmed the information.the night before. I am appalled at how we were treated like trash. Would never recommend to anyone.

Fantastic service

Dan Cuevas was my sales rep. I flew in from out of town to pick up my vehicle (the price was that good, compared to the same vehicles in Memphis). Dan drove 45 minutes, each way, to pick me up. All the paperwork was in order, and I was on the road on about an hour. The Lexus SUV was just as described - Dan even sent me a full walk-around video. I was very happy with my experience.

camaro

Dennis made for a quick and easy buyer's process and helped me get approved for the loan in order to drive off the lot in a new car!

ford escape

Dennis was great.he made my buying experience very easy and pleasant. i would recommend everyone i know to come too him to buy their next vehicle.

Mavshockey25

You guys are the best! I had a great experience with Dennis when buying my new truck. He was very helpful and went out of his way to get me ready for this Midwest snow. I recommend this dealership to anyone else who is new to KC and needs an honest dealership!

Jeep Wrangler

Thank you Dennis for making my experience so pleasant. I love bringing my Jeep To Universal Auto for service since everyone is helpful and kind!🤗👍🏽 I am always confident with the service and it gives me peace of mind

Great experience

Easy to work with and Daniel made the buying process easy. I would definitely check with them again when in the market for a used vehicle.