1999 Acura TL consumer reviews

side view of 1999 TL Acura
Explore the 1999 Acura TL
4.4

Just okay

I wanted a Acura TL and I got one. I love the brand but not okay with this particular car. Purchased it from Lexus of Tacoma I had to replace the timing belt and water pump a week after I bought it. Had a bad ignition switch that had to be replaced because the car was shutting off while I was driving on the freeway at 70mph. Now that's fixed and it's running great but the check engine light won't go off and neither will the TCS light.

4.3

I love this car

It is so comfortable. It is very reliable. It is FAST! It handles awesome. I don't have a bad thing to say about it.

2.9

Good performance, bad reliability

The car has been in my family since it was first bought. it has a few recalls including one for a transmission. Even the newly installed one shifts harshly. have had problems with the navigation and fit and finish. car has overheated numerous times and the battery drains quickly, and the car only has 80,000 miles on it. on the up side, the engine is smooth and powerful, and the car has lots of luxuries for the price. I recommend steering clear of this car. if you must buy one, buy a model year 2002 and newer. it has a newer 5 speed auto and has a face lift. i hope this review was helpful.

None Better

I purchased this car new in December of 1998. I have driven it 172,000 miles and it has NEVER failed me. Over the years, power, handling, safety it has lost nothing to 10 years of new car technology. I look forward driving it another 172,000 miles and in 2018 it will still be the best car on the road.

Best car I've ever owned!

I've owned my Acura for 6 years now and I've put more than 100K miles on it since purchasing it in 2003. With minimal service (Brakes, oil and a few minor sensor problems) the car still runs great at 136K mi. While the suspesion/handling is not as tight as it was a few years ago, the engine is phenomenal. I can still jump into traffic with confidence and accelleration from 40 to 70 is fantasitc. We have a 2008 Lexus IS 250 and the Acura is by far more powerful and more comfortable.

Best Car I've Owned Yet!

Bought it used with 75k miles and love it!! Have put about 60k miles on it and have only had to do brakes and tires. Fantastic car that is fun to drive, holds it value well, and will go to 300k miles and more.

Acura reliability at its best!

I have owned this car for almost 5 years and absolutely love to drive it! I handles fantastic, has great acceleration for passing on the highway and still gets 27+ miles to the gallon! The interior is very functional but stylish at the same time. The sound system from Bose is outstanding. I can't say enough good things about this car.

4.4

Excellent Car

I have owned this car for 7 years and it continues to run perfectly. I have had no problems with the car during this time. The seats are very comfortable, but I have noticed that the quality of the leather on newer models is superior. The weakest part of this car is its interior styling and quality. Objectively, the interior is still very good, but stylistically, its age is now apparent. Excellent performance and handling, given you are not expecting it to be a serious sports car.