Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2010 Camaro

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Have You Driven the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro?

Rocks and Rolls

by JRock from Columbus, Ohio on Tue Sep 14 2010

Seems like most of the reviews have been positive. One guy was really griping about the car. I ve no doubt that the guy was a Mustang fan... This car is great. I just bought a used 2010. The day I drive it home I had the neighborhood kids swarming around me almost immediately. Of course, it's yellow...Anyway, I had heard complaints about the interior but it looks pretty good to me. I got the 2LT and I though I wouldn't like the leather, never have, but I really like it. The gauges rock (got the additional ones on the console, very retro). Got the upgraded sound system, sounds good. Got a sunroof. I debated about this but I'm REALLY glad because I love the sunroof. I felt a little confined when I test drove one w/out it (and I'm only 5'9") but it really opens up the feel. I had to get used to the low-profile windows but that took about 15 minutes. I had heard the view out the back was bad, blind spots and all, but it's really not. I was really concerned about this because I drive a lot and I also have a tendency to back into things. But it's not that bad. I haven't had any problems. My wife's car is a 2006 Impala and it sits higher in the back as well. It's about the same. The only difference is there is a blind spot due to not having back side-windows. But it's not that bad. I constantly use my rear views and physically look behind me as I'm changing lanes. No problems. I had heard it feels "bulky" at first. But it feels pretty nimble to me. I mean, it's not a small car. I drives well, no problems. It's a v-6, but plenty of power. 306 hp with an automatic? C'mon! My old Chevy's had about that w a v-8 and didn't look or drive nearly as nice. The v-6 has plenty of power. Honestly, I never thought I'd get another Camaro with a v-6. But I'm not unhappy at all. Mid 14's in the quarter with a v-6? You're kidding, right? I love the look of the car, I have since it first came out. The only thing that I didn't love was the lool of the tail lights and the way the back "curves" a little. But I'm getting used to it. The quarters stick out a little in the side-view mirrors, that took a little getting used to. Basically, this car is really fun to drive. I'm having a blast with it and this is the 5th Camaro I've owned (71 SS, 76, 83Z, 92RS). It's really just the best of both worlds: retro meets technology. One more thing: it's not great for famlies, but you probably already knew that. I took the family out the first night. We couldn't figure out how to put the seat backs forward at first. It's hard to see from the back seat if you're short. And even though my kids are fairly short (5' and 5'4) they were cramped. I keep my seat forward and even then my daughter was cramped. I didn't buy it for road trips or as a family car so I'm not too worried.

Awesome Performance Value

by Seth Easton from Martinsburg, WV on Wed Mar 09 2011

Mine is a 2010 graphite gray metallic 2SS w/ manual. I've had it 4 months now, and I am TOTALLY impressed in every way. This car is fast, fun, and attractive. It turns heads everywhere and I am constantly getting comments on it. It's not the fastest car on the road, but it's really darn fast. I've had it up to 150 mph, and it'll get there with ease. The rumbling LS3 pushrod V-8 sounds fantastic and has a ton of low-end torque. Know what you're getting into when buying this kind of car. I see lots of complaints about fuel economy -- it's not an econobox people. If this is your daily driver, expect to get about 18-19 mpg in light driving. I drive it HARD and get about 15-16 (luckily I have an Accord as a daily driver). I also see complaints about interior space and headroom. It was designed that way. It makes a bad family car, but then again a family sedan usually makes a bad muscle car, and a minivan makes a bad towing vehicle (get the picture?). The Camaro SS is an unapologetic, raw, in-your-face muscle car that begs to be driven on the track. Don't mistake it for anything else. The only complaints I have: Visibility is quite poor, but then again it was designed that way and I knew that going in. In daily driving, it gets to be an annoyance, especially in parking situations. The audio system is weak and sounds like someone just stuffed a cheap boombox behind the door panels, but who cares? The most beautiful soundtrack is the engine.

Emotion on Steroids

by First Chevy from Manchester, CT on Sun Jun 06 2010

They styling of this car strikes a cord with everyone. Either total love or repulsion. Every car refuel, stop light, stop sign you get a word, question or glare. Most everyone is in love with it. Interior. If you want flat walls with gauges, look elsewhere. This car has curves and rounded knobs and dials. Funky night time lighting that I have yet to find anyone who doesn't think it's cool. They all think there should be more of it. The engine sound is dangerous. You want to pass and hear the lion roar. Sometimes it is safer to not pass and be content with the purr. A purr that is pleasant on long journeys. Visibility. I thought my wife would complain about the limited visibility out the back. Nope. Not a problem. Parallel parking is a cinch. She wants to drive it all the time. Refined English woman goes wild! I love going to work. I love coming home from work. The 2SS is a powerful car. I just learned to do burnouts. With traction control, you have to be very intentional. I have not found it easy to loose control of the power. But when you know how and you want to you can do it easily. I shopped around after test driving the Camaro. Lot of money to spend on a car, what else can you get? You can get better, fancier interior. You will find a nice tame horse that blends in with the crowd. I decided personally decided to see what it was like to ride a tiger for a while. Get some fun for my dollars. Oh yeah, you will keep on spending too. At the pump. I average 18mpg

Don' Buy New

by pony coupe secialist from NC on Sun Dec 20 2009

I love this car! Exterior is menacing. Handling is awesome. Interior could be better. Looks and feels cheap. Do not buy this vehicle new. Dealers in our area are adding at least a $7,00.00 premium to an otherwise great price. I just cannot hand a dealer $7,000.00 in profit, it is outlandish. Buy one with a few thousand miles on it and get it for over $15,000.00 less.

dont be fooled by the negative reviews

by supermo from DC on Wed Aug 19 2009

I am a member of camaro5.com many of the people bashing this car are challenger owners, don't believe me go read their forums. At least mustang owner respect the car enough to not bash it for no reason. i have owned the 2010 2ss/rs for 1 and a 1/2 months now and i can honestly say I am using it more as a daily driving than my 2002 is 300. here are the reasons: 1: Show stopping looks. Even people working at my local Ferrari dealer in Dulles VA loved the car. 2: I play college football as a left guard and Im 6-4 330 pound and have plenty of head and leg room to spare. mind you i have the sunroof option, which decreases head room. 3: Trunk opening is small but the truck its self is as big as a Honda civics maybe even bigger. 4: Averaging 22.5 miles to the gallon mixed driving in the 6.2 liter L99 V8, and got up to 29.7 miles to the gallon on the highway proof camaro5.com visit the forums many members archived this number with ease. 5: Seats are well bolstered and comfortable. 6: No other car, for the same price, comes close to the standard features in the camaro. 7: Tilt and telescopic wheel. 8: Very poised when driving and feels very European. 9: Best of all the exhaust note. GM got it just right. CONS: 1: GM is still using cheap plastic, where are they getting this plastic from. 2: Steering is a little numb. However, a factory track pack should cure it for 2010-2011 3: Single cd slot have no idea how to install an aftermarket head unit because of the way the dash is designed. 4: ON Star navigation is irritating at first but you get used to it. 5: The auto transmission isn't an LS series engine(corvette engine) but is the L99, 26 less horse power, which has cylinder deactivation which shuts off 4 cylinders so the car can save fuel in low speed driving. (note: even with 26 less horsepower than the manual transmission the l99 has a quicker 0-60 and from there 26 ponies arent that big of a difference.

Good Bang for the Buck

by VA Camaro Lover from Virginia Beach, VA on Wed May 11 2011

Have had my used Blue 2010 Camaro LS base model since February. Overall, it's very much as I expected. The 304HP is plenty for me, excellent acceleration. If you're on the highway and need a quick passing burst, it does that very easily. In fact, I need to remind myself to watch the speed, because after those passes I can easily be at around 80MPH. The interior is fine. The various gauges are easy to see, including at night. I like the LED speed indicator, in addition to the other available indicator in the center of the dash (trip meters, MPG, available fuel, etc.). Two auxiliary power plugs, I use one for GPS and the other for Ipod with the Aux Audio Input inside of the center console. I will say that the rear view mirror takes some getting used to, since there is relatively narrow viewpoint when backing up. There isn't much room for passengers in the back seats, so if you have a few passengers, hopefully it's a short trip. The advertised MPG of 19/29 is accurate, that's what I've been getting. As far as the exterior, I have to admit, I get a kick out of people giving the car a double-glance, even with this base model. I've also tinted the side & rear windows with the legal limit for a little more privacy. Overall, I really like my purchase. I feel I got more than enough bang for my buck. I knew what I was getting into as far as MPG. Would highly recommend it.

SURVIVAL TREAT

by BAKMOBL from mt. pleasant iowa on Thu Feb 02 2012

I bought a 2010 Camaro as a treat for being a cancer surviver. I am so thrilled with this car. I always loved the late 60's Camaro styling. This car has the retro-style and performance to put a smile on my face. I love the interior styling and way it sits you in the seat and makes you a part of the car. The lines on the outside are a real eye catcher. Definitly has that "old school muscle" feel when you go through the gears. WOW!

best looking car i've owned

by driving instructor from strasburg, va on Wed May 25 2011

Super car. Many times people take pictures and ask to see the car. Hard to see out of. A lot of blind spots. That is the only fault in this car. Technology is very convenient for the driver.

best deal

by malemute from Fort Collins, CO on Sun Jan 24 2010

This is an outstanding deal. You get 300+ hp and 29 mpg; and you really get it! First car I have not been disappointed in the gas mileage. You really get it. Only beef is that you cannot charge a phone in the car while you are gone, because the electrical system turns itself off after 15 min. I got three comments the first day I owned it, and after 2000 miles, I still love it. My first Chevy, my first GM, and so far... I'd do it again.

Great Buy

by Antied from Old Bridge, NJ on Thu Mar 25 2010

Super Sport Camaro Made it FUN to drive again. Makes me feel like I'm back in my High School Days. Next purchase a Radar Detector. The car gives a great feel of the road and you can not feel how fast your going. The Dealership went all out to see that I got what I wanted

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18

Our Take on the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

The V-6-powered 2010 Chevrolet Camaro is a better car than the V-8-powered Camaro SS. It's neither more powerful nor quicker, nor does it sound as good, but for what it is, it's a stronger entry. Likewise, its acceleration and gas mileage give it a leg up on base versions of its muscle-car competitors. Even so, I find the Camaro's character inconsistent, and its main shortcomings are substantial and (effectively) permanent.

An earlier review covers the whole Camaro lineup, and you can see how the Camaro SS fared in a comparison with the Dodge Challenger R/T and the Ford Mustang GT here. This review is based mainly on a V-6 Camaro 2LT, which is one of two LT trim levels that fall between the base LS... Read More