2008 Chevrolet Cobalt consumer reviews

side view of 2008 Cobalt Chevrolet
Explore the 2008 Cobalt Chevrolet
Shop the 2008 Cobalt Chevrolet
4.0

Small Chevy Cobalts & Cavaliers Rarely disappoint!

Both Cavaliers and Cobalts are great starter cars or for anyone on a tight budget simply trying to get to and from work. I honestly dont know if I ever want to own any other brand of cars.

3.3

Not too bad for the price I paid

There was quite a bit of minor cosmetic damage to the car such as the paint peeling and the mirrors not matching but that was because the car's previous owner history showed that it was in a wreck. It drives fine other than you have to manually turn off the turn signal and the front speakers are blown

2.9

This Cobalt is not GM's best effort

I'm not sure what GM was thinking when they produced the engine for the Cobalt. While it really does have plenty of power for it's size, it has a very limited shelf life.

3.9

A decent car.

A good car for the money. Good pick up, reliable. Nice looking, comfortable interior nothing fancy. A little noisy on the road but for the price you can't beat it.

This car had the best sound system I have ever had

i love this car!! I fell in love with it! this is the best car i have ever owned!! love it love it love!!

just great

Comfory5 I love it. Best car. Ever. Nice price Lucky me

3.9

Good overall car

The Chevy Cobalt is a great overall car. This was my first car when I turned 16 and was reliable until I was 20 and then my youngest sister totaled it. Still wanting to get a Cobalt or a Cruze (since that replaced it)

4.3

Cobalt XFE best on gas up to 36mpg, made in USA

My Cobalt XFE has over 160,000 miles and still runs strong with no internal problems. Manual transmission makes it very good on gas, especially with the XFE (extra fuel economy) make it the most affordable fuel efficient vehicle ever!

3.6

pretty dependable no if you want fast and flashy

reliable transportation not too uncomfortable for the size its not made for big people but the mileage helps a lot if your just loo king for daily transportation thats not hard on the budget its a good deal

Outrageous Speed

(2008 Cobalt SS) I have only owned this car for a few weeks, so thus far I cant really speak to the reliability aspect, but there is one feature of this car that I can speak to; holy c*** it is fast! Granted my car has an exhaust and a tune, but it is the kind of fast that just makes you laugh your head off whenever you push the loud pedal. In case you didn't hear, this cobalt (the SS turbo version) is currently the fastest front- wheel drive car sold in the US. Fastest. Ever. Awesome. Brakes on this car are ferocious and simply do not fade. It will perform face - ripping stops again and again without breaking a sweat. Handling is also top- notch. I took my car auto-crossing with bald tires and a blown strut and still managed to beat several other cars in my class with it! Everyone loves to rip on the Cobalt's interior quality, and while there are definitely some hard- touch plastics present in the cabin, everything is well- laid out and functional. First car I have owned in which I have had no desire to upgrade the stereo. Factory sub-woofer is plenty powerful to deafen you and your passengers should you so desire, and the stereo has an aux- in port and adjustable eq. For such a high-performing car, it is really frugal on gas. I am averaging just shy of 30mpg, and that includes driving through Milwaukee on my daily commute. Overall, a fantastic value for money. If you can get over a few plastic pieces on the interior and having a FWD sports car, there really are 0 downsides to having this car. 10/10