2017 Colorado

2017 Chevrolet Colorado

#8 Most Popular Truck
2017 Chevrolet Colorado

Have You Driven the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado?

A larger midsize truck

by Ted from Martinsburg, WV on Fri Apr 21 2017

I think Chevy may have hit a home run with this new bodystyle and efficient duramax diesel in the Colorado. I chose to trade in my large 2500 diesel truck on this Colorado primarily to save on fuel cost. I was looking for a truck that will tow a 28 ft camper and not break the bank on a daily 60 mile commute to work. Initial impression of the engine and drivetrain are impressive and it does provide the 28 mpg on the hwy as advertised. Time will tell how the new duramax holds up. My only concern is how the particulate filter and egr valve holds up over time. Not really impressed that Chevy only covers them under the 3 yr/36k mile warranty.

Decent for under 30k

by Raven the dog from Lakeland FL on Sat Apr 29 2017

Regret getting base stereo. Nicest looking truck on the market. Blue tooth phone needs more volume to match on star audio. Very accurate on mpg to expect. Great size tech screen.

Chev-Colorado 2017

by Garfield from Mascoutah, IL. on Wed Apr 12 2017

Satisfied with the Colorado so far, its very quite, doesn't ride like a truck, like the back-up camera, the exterior styling, and there's plenty of room in the crew cab. Disappointed audio system doesn't have a SiriusXM option, but found a work around.

Love my truck!!

by Chevy4Life1 from Boston, MA on Tue May 30 2017

This is my first Chevy pickup. I have owned 2 Ford F150's and was not impressed with the latest model. Also, it didn't fit in my garage! I went and took a look at the Chevy Colorado as it was the perfect size and man do I love my Truck!! I don't have a bad thing to say about it!

Very Reliable Truck

by Pickup Lover from Dequeen Ark. 71832 on Sun Apr 30 2017

We drove the truck around all weekend and my wife and I simply fell in love with it . we like all the features the truck had on it . We liked the nice stereo , cruise control , the comfort of the seats , how it drove and handled , and most of all the style of the truck . It's a beautiful " Truck ".

In love with my Z71 Colorado

by msknox02 from Crestview, Fl on Tue Aug 15 2017

After heavily researching both the 2017 Tacoma and 2017 Colorado I decided to stay American with the Chevy with the V6. On the street the Colorado fealt much more at home then the Toyaota. I love this truck. Plenty of power, love the style....and boy is she smooth while cruising down the highway. My only minor complaint is that at very low speeds 5 - 15 mph the transmission seems to become a little confused and it's attitude becomes a bit jerky. The mylink system is laid out nicely, very user friendly. If your looking for supreme storage features you may be disappointed. The storage pockets in the front doors is best explained as silly. Interior build quality is solid but I do wish upper trim levels offered a little more. Overall I feel like my little truck is going to take me places and I'm excited for the adventures to come. I have laser blue and it sure turns heads!! I also have the upgraded Bose stereo which is sweet!!! If you need a truck with capability and power don't just look at the taco. There is serious competition in the midsize segment and it's name is Colorado!!

Duramax diesel 31mpg highway

by Tech2262 from Li NY on Tue Apr 11 2017

Chevy colorado z71 duramax every option. Truck rides like a car so smooth. Chevy could of gave a few more options standard like blind spot detection and heated outside mirrors for 42k you would think those are standard with vehicles in that price range. Overall great truck that gets outstanding fuel enconmy

The shiz nik

by Corey B from Columbia SC on Tue Apr 11 2017

Best small pickup in the world!!! Its spacious, good on fuel and a pure joy to drive. It can tow up to 7,000 lbs and can carry a family of 4 on vacation comfortably.

Great Truck so far.

by TommyG1814 from Crest hill on Thu Jun 15 2017

So far so great. This truck is very spacious I'm 6"3 and plenty of room it's the 2017 Colorado extended Cab and I'm loving everything about it. 2.5 gdi engine is not going to win races but I didn't buy it for that ,for me it's just fine. Gas mileage has been very good almost 21 in town.it's a very comfortable ride and handles great. If you are concidering a truck and don't want to spend a fortune give the Colorado a serious look, you'll be glad ya did.

Recent Purchase

by Ron from Jasper,GA on Wed Aug 30 2017

Purchased new truck on 08/15/17.I am enjoying the new truck. Comfortable ride, good fuel mileage and power.I believe this truck is the best value for a medium size truck. I like the exterior styling and interior design.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17

Our Take on the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado

The verdict:

The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 is an off-road beast with mid-size dimensions — a rarity among pickup trucks that’s ripe for a loyal following.

Versus the competition:

The ZR2 is better off-road than its chief competitor, Toyota’s Tacoma TRD Pro. Shoppers will have to decide whether that’s enough to overcome a few pesky limitations.

We drove an extended-cab ZR2 at Cars.com's Chicago offices, and our sister site PickupTrucks.com tested the ZR2 in the Southern California desert against its archrival, the Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Our review focuses on the ZR2, but if you're looking for a broader take on all Chevrolet Colorado variants, read our soup-to-nuts review of the current Colorado (including base model and fuel economy) here. The ZR2 is new for 2017; stack it up against other variants here, or compare the 2017 and 2016 Colorado here.

Exterior & Styling

With a 2-inch suspension lift, 3.5 inches' wider track and clipped bumpers below the headlights, the ZR2 bares its tires — 31-inch Goodyear Wrangler... Read More