2020 Chevrolet Corvette consumer reviews

Explore the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette
Shop the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette
2.6

General Motors' Big Coverup

I just finished the 1800 break-in period. Up until then I thought it was the coolest car that I have ever driven and I have owned Porsches, Lamborghinis, BMWs, Mercedes, etc. I then received a notification that there was an update that needed to be installed. I attempted to do the update three times, then the car shut down and left me stranded. I couldn't even use Constar or get into the vehicle. I had to have it towed. I went to Autonation Chevrolet five weeks ago and languishes in a corner of the lot. They claim that they have tired everything and can't get the car to update the software and hence it is unusable other than as a lawn ornament. They claim that they have never seen anything like it. They have had a GM engineer look at it. I have called on other non-GM service facilities and they say that this is a common problem. I tried to take the car back and the repair facility will not release it to me. They say if I try to take it back, they will void the warrantee. Now, I can't get anyone at the dealership or GM to call me back or give me an update. How many other C8s are there being held hostage under threats to the owner?

vette

This truly is a super car friends call it the batmobile excellent performance super styling amd greAt eye candy everyine should be so lucky to own one.

My new C8 Mid-Engine Corvette is a Fantastic

My C8 is groundbreaking ; thrilling ; fast ; and , head-turning. I feel great even looking at it. But , driving it is both fun , and , gets everyone’s attention.

Beautiful Corvette

Tremendous value in a sports car. Excellent performance and handling. Has a plethora of onboard features and the interior is simply stunning. I can't address the reliability yet since I haven't had the car long enough to determine if there are any issues. So far it meets all my expectations and is super fun to drive. I've had four Porsche high performance vehicles including the 2005 and 2013 Porsche 911 Turbo S. This car is right there with those sport cars at half the price. The Porsche vehicles were absolutely top notch cars and really reliable so it'll take time to see how reliable this Corvette is but so far it's got more bells and whistles and the interior is nicer and more luxurious than any of my Porsches.

The Best

This car exceeds anything I ever expected from General Motors. I’ve owned exotics and this cannot be beat. Incredible value for the money! Can’t beat it!

The best Corvette yet, inside and out!

My third new Corvette and by far the most enjoyable. The interior materials (3LT) and design provide a very rewarding driving experience. Very comfortable seats, excellent HVAC system and 14-speaker audio system. Performance modes allow you to dial in as much tour, sport or race mood as you want with your own tweaks. Rides as well as a Cadillac, but will "bark" with the adjustable exhaust note. Can easily be a daily commuter, but will go from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds if you're late for work!

Best sports car I have ever owned.

It exceeds all my expectations. The best sports car I have ever owned. Looks great, runs hard and handles like a dream. Build quality is fantastic and the interior is first class. If you can get one, buy it.

Best Purchase Ever!

This the most amazing vehicle I’ve owned! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a shot of adrenaline. This is a true super car.

4.3

This COULD be a truly great value at $59,000.

First, the obvious: The styling is fantastic it just looks like a super car (some don't like the swept center console and button placements -- tough; and that's not why I rated it "good" instead of "excellent"). The power is excellent and the weight low enough it really moves. Sticks to the ground like glue. Brakes are just great. Second, less obvious: You have to look at the gear indicator if you want to track shifts - they are so smooth I challenge you to feel them (Dual clutch tranny works great). The seats were the most comfortable I've sat in - I didn't even adjust mine. There's more storage space than you'd think with two trunks (front and back), the engine's on display in the middle. Great front camera with recording options (for a price). The performance package adds great track features (my wife asked if I was really going to track it, I replied why would you have one and NOT track it?). Insurance quote: not that bad! Only about $60 more per month than my Lincoln. The cons: Start up engine sounds cheap and clunky (I'm comparing it to the 5.0 GT Mustang and maybe that's not fair - that thing's a beast on startup) but it sounds pretty good on the road. Price and availability (they go hand in hand), they're having supply issues and dealers are gouging like mad (the LT2 I test drove was "used" with 900 miles and the markup was $30,000 over new and I had to drive 40 miles to find even that). Even when available the base model just isn't suitable for daily driving (not even blind side indicators). You can't have adaptive cruise unless you have a custom shop add it or something (this seems like a big fail). For what it's worth, it's a little hard to get out of for us older folks (really, I'd happily live with it if that was the only "issue"). So, what's the bottom line? It's out of reach unless you're lucky. The LT1 just isn't enough car for $59,000, in reality if you put aside styling, for a $10,000 premium it offers little over a fully loaded 5.0 Mustang GT other than the performance package - which is an optional package, and you really have to spend an extra $15,000 to get a level worthy of the nameplate (LT2 with Z51 performance package). The very desirable Z51 package brings the LT2 out of reach for me ($74,765 online quote: LT2 in Shadow Gray Metallic with carbon flash stinger stripe and red Mulan seats, Z51 package) even without dealer gouging ($107,000 as tested), and it doesn't have expected 360 degree camera view (it just seems very weird) or adaptive cruise (to be fair, neither did the Mustang - one of the reasons we went with a new Lincoln MKZ V6 twin turbo AWD Reserve trim with no dealer gouging except the traded Kia Stinger's allowance - as to be expected - and zero percent financing, thank you very much). We need at least a small rear seat area for animals (sacrilege?) when we travel -- my wife said no to using the rear trunk for this purpose. I'm just not their intended customer, I suppose. But I am a fan - kind of.

Great Driving. Best Corvette ever.

Owned 23 of them since 1970. What a amazing Car!!! Rear Engine gives it great Balance. Faster than GM states. Targa Top is so Light. Amazing all the way around!!