2014 Cruze

2014 Chevrolet Cruze

2014 Chevrolet Cruze

4.5

Have you driven the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze?

Wonderful Rental Experience

by Rental Guy from Pacifica, CA on Wed Jun 18 2014

We were given one of these as a rental car while our new car was being repaired, and though I am happy to report a great rental experience, I am not sure if it is for better or worse that I was sad when our car was finished with repairs. I didn't want to turn in the Chevy - I liked it better than the car we just purchased! Oh well, live and learn. Meanwhile, I feel the need to recommend this to the public! Favorite features: Sleek appearance inside and out, comfort, and quite, smooth performance. Dislikes: For some reason, this model in particular had a glossy paneling for the gear shift area, which causes a bit of glare from the sun. It was also a bit hard to figure out how to program the sound features and radio - but this could be because I was previously used to old cars before everything was run off computers, and as I said, this was a rental, so I didn't have an owner's manual to get to know the car and it's features before driving off in it. I am sure for anyone who will have the pleasure of owning a Cruze, they can simply read the directions and figure it out quickly and easily.

Love this car!!

by Ron H. from PA on Thu Nov 20 2014

I purchased the 2014 Chevy Cruze LT back in February and have not had a problem with it yet! I love this car. It is quite, efficient on gas, and looks great (especially with tinted windows on the tungsten metallic color). Everything feels good about this car, from the way it handles to the way the controls feel when you are driving. I was between this car and the 2014 ford focus but i did not like the look of the focus nor the interior design. Everything on the Ford Focus felt plastic and cheap, I was afraid I was going to break something when I test drove it. The Cruze on the other hand is just the opposite, plenty of room for all passengers, stylish, and has an luxurious feel to the interior. Nothing feels cheap in this car. The only negative I do have is the engine. I love the turbo and it takes off nice, great throttle response, but it does lack a bit of power at the higher speeds. If chevy throws a few more horses on the newer Cruzes this car would be perfect in my opinion! Other than that I have no complaints about this car! I would definitely buy again!

2014 Cruze Rally Sport

by JC from Arkansas on Wed Oct 08 2014

Purchased for my 16 year old daughter. Loaded with safety features (10 airbags). This car has several packages added that allow her to use hands free phone calling, back up camera, remote start, and trim that really adds to the curb appeal! The information screen gives her tire pressure on all tires, her gas mileage and miles to go till empty. It includes steering wheel mounted controls for cruise, radio and OnStar. The car handles awesome and the 1.4 L Turbo has some real pep when stepping on the accelerator. Large trunk with safety release and pass-thru rear seats. I only give 4-stars for comfort due to the seats being a bit hard and the middle console to dash has a tendency to catch your knees depending on how tall you may be. The car only has 1,000 miles on it, but to date it has met or exceeded all expectations! I highly recommend the Chevy Cruze!

True and balanced review

by KtmRider from St. Paul, MN on Fri Feb 13 2015

I have 34k miles on my 1.8L 6 speed manual Cruz. I bought it because of the mileage and it has not disappointed. Some reviewers complain about how bad the mileage can be, but its all in your driving habits/style. When the temps are warm (live in MN) and I make an effort to get good mileage, it will get 36mph with 80% freeway & 20% city. If I'm driving on highways and keep my speed below 60, it has returned 40mpg (actual calculation, not computer estimation) . I purchased a hitch and tow my dirt bike on a trailer without a problem. Overall, this car is great. The leg room up front has to be the best out of any vehicle i have ever seen. One passenger was 6'7" and he had plenty of room. The bad... with the front seats adjusted for even an average person, there is little room for rear passenger's legs. . Overall it is a great car. My only caution would be for people who will be frequently hauling passengers in the rear. A short stint here and there is not a problem, but daily driving with rear passengers may get tiresome.

Every Chevy been the greatest

by SueBee from Hour west of Philadelphia on Sun Aug 03 2014

From the Lumina, the Impala and now the Cruze, Chevy has delivered for me. No nonsense expense! I replaced a 14 year old Impala with more than 150,000 miles because thus far it had cost me little more than brakes and tires and did not expect that to continue forever(!). I am a Realtor and drive a car hard.

My second!

by Cruze lover from San Diego on Mon Sep 15 2014

I had a 2007 Malibu Max and loved it, when it came time to get a new car,The only car I wanted, was a Cruze, I saw them a few years ago when they came out. So I went shopping and found out even more, why i wanted one.. Gas mileage, 10 air bags, manual transmition, power, handsfree driving.. I could go on and on. I love this car!

I'm flabbergasted over the fuel mileage

by ricknrusty from Camarillo, CA on Wed Apr 23 2014

I bought the 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel. I have been averaging 46 to 50 mpg. I bought the Cruze with every option possible including leather interior. I absolutely love it. It drives and handles beautifully. Its comfortable with the heated seats and plenty of leg room. When you start the diesel engine, it is a little noisy but well worth it when driving it on the road. You can't hear the diesel engine. Its that quiet. I love the electronics. Hard to understand at first, but once you get use to it you can find your way around without complications. I love the size of this Cruze and the Summit White with the two tone Cocoa/Neutral is absolutely beautiful. I owned a Ford before I bought my new Chevy Cruze and I will never go back to Ford again. I bought my Chevy Cruze at Silver Star Chevrolet in Thousand Oaks CA. They are the best. They walked me through everything without issues. They made it so easy and comfortable for me to buy this new Cruze that I would highly recommend them as a honest and courteous dealership. I will be using them now all the time when I purchase a new car.

Love this car

by News Editor from Waukomis, OK on Sun Feb 22 2015

I like everything about my 2014 Chevy Cruze 2LT. Got it with 12,000+ miles and it rides great, love the many features, handles very well and already excellent mileage. Anybody that says it doesn't get good mileage doesn't know how to drive a car and get good mileage, in town or on the road. Styling is first-rate. Much more inside room than I thought when I first looked at the car. Blind spots are minimal ... you just have to turn your head a little. Haven't had it long enough to say anything about reliability. Impressive car! Like the trunk room and really like the center console layout. And, since it's winter, the seat warmers are really welcome.

I love my new car!

by bettybaby11 from Fort Collins, CO on Thu May 29 2014

This might not have been my first choice if we'd been able to wait another year before buying a new car. But... the transmission went out on our truck so we had not choice. The Cruze was a great value and we were able to get a terrific interest rate (despite less than perfect credit) so we got a price and payment we could afford. After driving it for a few weeks, I'm totally in love. Runs well, has great acceleration on the highway and all the bells and whistles I want. Love it

Love This Car

by New Chevy Owner from Park Forest, Illinois on Mon Aug 11 2014

I had a wonderful experience purchasing my new Cruze. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Everyone made me feel welcome. I especially liked having Bluetooth already in the vehicle. I can't wait to explore all the great information and entertainment I will get from having satellite radio. I was surprised by the smooth ride. This vehicle also has a lot more air bags than my old one and that makes me feel safer. I can also plug in several of my devices at once for use or charging. Definitely a plus. All in all a great vehicle and I would highly recommend it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25

Our Take on the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze

The 2014 Chevrolet Cruze remains an attractive player among compact sedans, though its interior reveals the car is now a few years into its first generation, and the new diesel option is disappointing.

The Cruze is in a car class packed with many very attractive options. Every year that passes makes unchanged models seem noticeably outdated. The Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra and Kia Forte are a few of the models that have enjoyed complete redesigns since the Cruze replaced the Chevrolet Cobalt. The Dodge Dart is a new addition entirely. While some compact sedans also come as hatchbacks, such as the Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra and Subaru Impreza, the Cruze is only a sedan.

The main change for... Read More