2014 Cruze

2014 Chevrolet Cruze

$105 - $17,725  MSRP Range
2014 Chevrolet Cruze

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze?

True and balanced review

by KtmRider from St. Paul, MN on Fri Feb 13 2015

I have 34k miles on my 1.8L 6 speed manual Cruz. I bought it because of the mileage and it has not disappointed. Some reviewers complain about how bad the mileage can be, but its all in your driving habits/style. When the temps are warm (live in MN) and I make an effort to get good mileage, it will get 36mph with 80% freeway & 20% city. If I'm driving on highways and keep my speed below 60, it has returned 40mpg (actual calculation, not computer estimation) . I purchased a hitch and tow my dirt bike on a trailer without a problem. Overall, this car is great. The leg room up front has to be the best out of any vehicle i have ever seen. One passenger was 6'7" and he had plenty of room. The bad... with the front seats adjusted for even an average person, there is little room for rear passenger's legs. . Overall it is a great car. My only caution would be for people who will be frequently hauling passengers in the rear. A short stint here and there is not a problem, but daily driving with rear passengers may get tiresome.

My second!

by Cruze lover from San Diego on Mon Sep 15 2014

I had a 2007 Malibu Max and loved it, when it came time to get a new car,The only car I wanted, was a Cruze, I saw them a few years ago when they came out. So I went shopping and found out even more, why i wanted one.. Gas mileage, 10 air bags, manual transmition, power, handsfree driving.. I could go on and on. I love this car!

Chevy Cruze LTZ RS!

by Jason from Chicago, IL on Tue Apr 28 2015

I purchased a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS about a month ago and could not be happier! I was looking at other cars in the compact market and the Cruze had the best combination of features, safety and styling. The handling is excellent due to the sport tuned suspension, the leather interior is great with front heated seats, and it has a remote start/push button start for those colder nights! For those that are skeptical at the specs on the engine it accelerates just fine since the turbocharger kicks in at about 1800 RPM! The only minor complaints I have about the car are that the rear seats are a bit cramped in the leg room for adults and the sound system could use a little more bass (even when adjusting the bass EQ to the max). Still an excellent car for the money!

Every Chevy been the greatest

by SueBee from Hour west of Philadelphia on Sun Aug 03 2014

From the Lumina, the Impala and now the Cruze, Chevy has delivered for me. No nonsense expense! I replaced a 14 year old Impala with more than 150,000 miles because thus far it had cost me little more than brakes and tires and did not expect that to continue forever(!). I am a Realtor and drive a car hard.

I'm flabbergasted over the fuel mileage

by ricknrusty from Camarillo, CA on Wed Apr 23 2014

I bought the 2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel. I have been averaging 46 to 50 mpg. I bought the Cruze with every option possible including leather interior. I absolutely love it. It drives and handles beautifully. Its comfortable with the heated seats and plenty of leg room. When you start the diesel engine, it is a little noisy but well worth it when driving it on the road. You can't hear the diesel engine. Its that quiet. I love the electronics. Hard to understand at first, but once you get use to it you can find your way around without complications. I love the size of this Cruze and the Summit White with the two tone Cocoa/Neutral is absolutely beautiful. I owned a Ford before I bought my new Chevy Cruze and I will never go back to Ford again. I bought my Chevy Cruze at Silver Star Chevrolet in Thousand Oaks CA. They are the best. They walked me through everything without issues. They made it so easy and comfortable for me to buy this new Cruze that I would highly recommend them as a honest and courteous dealership. I will be using them now all the time when I purchase a new car.

I love my new car!

by bettybaby11 from Fort Collins, CO on Thu May 29 2014

This might not have been my first choice if we'd been able to wait another year before buying a new car. But... the transmission went out on our truck so we had not choice. The Cruze was a great value and we were able to get a terrific interest rate (despite less than perfect credit) so we got a price and payment we could afford. After driving it for a few weeks, I'm totally in love. Runs well, has great acceleration on the highway and all the bells and whistles I want. Love it

Most reliable car I’ve ever had

by Stacey Williams from Mesa,AZ on Wed Jul 17 2019

Car is amazing! Car drives like I took it from a new car dealership. I have no problems with it!!! Love my car! Highly recommended it

Love This Car

by New Chevy Owner from Park Forest, Illinois on Mon Aug 11 2014

I had a wonderful experience purchasing my new Cruze. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Everyone made me feel welcome. I especially liked having Bluetooth already in the vehicle. I can't wait to explore all the great information and entertainment I will get from having satellite radio. I was surprised by the smooth ride. This vehicle also has a lot more air bags than my old one and that makes me feel safer. I can also plug in several of my devices at once for use or charging. Definitely a plus. All in all a great vehicle and I would highly recommend it.

only 2 weeks old

by red car for a red hatter from frederick, md. on Sat Nov 08 2014

so far so good. have not had the car long enough to say its the best car i ever owned. doing fine for what time my wife has driven it.

Fun to drive, yet great Hwy gas mileage.

by smadasivada from Chatsworth, GA on Sat May 20 2017

This car is a small car that is quite fun to drive. Mine has the 1.8 L 4 cylinder, and it is quite peppy. It is quite fun on a curvy road. My only complaint is the massive blind spot. It is large enough that it once hid a semi truck from my view. Luckily I make a point to look when changing lanes...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33

Our Take on the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze

The 2014 Chevrolet Cruze remains an attractive player among compact sedans, though its interior reveals the car is now a few years into its first generation, and the new diesel option is disappointing.

The Cruze is in a car class packed with many very attractive options. Every year that passes makes unchanged models seem noticeably outdated. The Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra and Kia Forte are a few of the models that have enjoyed complete redesigns since the Cruze replaced the Chevrolet Cobalt. The Dodge Dart is a new addition entirely. While some compact sedans also come as hatchbacks, such as the Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra and Subaru Impreza, the Cruze is only a sedan.

The main change for 2014... Read More