2006 Chevrolet Equinox consumer reviews

Explore the 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Shop the 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
4.0

Daily Driver - 180k miles - original owner

Bought with $8k miles in 2007, now 2019 with $180k miles. Only real problems in past year or so. Had to get front struts and such redone (which is not unusual); never had the heater problems but the electric fan DID go out for a $1k repair. Regular fluid changes so no real problems under general maintenance, but probably will start spending a little more money here and there over the next few years. Interior room is PERFECT. I'm 6'3" and no problems. Has some lessons I wish other companies would learn (like rear seats folding down flat).

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

I have owned this car for 3 years now, really made it my own. Sporty looking. One of a kind around my area. No major repairs, typical maintance. Dependable. Reliable. Roomy. Comfortable. I LOVE IT!!! No complaints! Plan to keep it until it dies. :)

Most reliable with least cost car I’ve owned.

Have the LS with 180,000 of which I have put on 160,000. I’ve only had to make one major repair during that time, which was about $900.00. Runs great. Very comfortable. Can tow a small-medium trailer well. Has been great for my family. Very reliable.

3.6

Comfortable but unreliable

The good: Very comfortable, roomy mid-size SUV. Lots of storage space for a vehicle of this size. Sits high on the road and offers a smooth ride. The Bad: Ongoing overheating problems. As others have said the head gasket design is inherently flawed and will most likely keep causing you problems. Also has the well-known AC problem with the blend door breaking resulting in AC being stuck on, so you can not get heat. I have this vehicle at 180k now and it is just becoming a money pit at this point due to frequent overheating problems, heater core keeps getting clogged, strange smells in the cabin, Coolant lines need to be flushed often. Spark plugs and ignition coil replaced 3 times due to failure.... I could go on....... I suggest you don't buy one unless you have the time/ability to tinker with this vehicle yourself. Expensive labor bills to replace cheap parts will have you pulling your teeth out.

Very reliable car

Been a very great investment and has performed well This car has required very little maintenance I would purchase an equinox again Great car and worthwhile

3.1

Lemon

I found out at 20,000 miles these cars start to leak from the head gasket air into the coolant and burn up oil. Then they over heat and poof! You also hear a girgalling in the engine before you even know something is wrong. Next it smells of antifreeze.

4.4

I love this car

This car it?s not expensive, it?s simple and works. Can be used like second car, and the new car don?t spend miles. This is thr best.

4.3

Love it

Just purchased, but love it so far! Sleek interior and exterior design, great acceleration and breaks, very roomy in the back seat and in the trunk. I also like the setup of the dashboard.

3.4

This has been a really good car. Hate to part with

This has been a great car. We've really enjoyed it. Hate to part with it. The all wheel drive feature is great in the winter.

2.6

Will not buy another Chevrolet Equinox

I bought this 2006 Chevrolet Equinox 12 years after so maybe it would have served me better but at the present it has not lived up to his name I feel like I really wasted my money I will not buy another one