2006 Chevrolet Equinox consumer reviews

Explore the 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Shop the 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
3.4

Decent SUV - Not surprisingly average

Typical for an AWD SUV, the MPG is not very good - about 18 miles per gallon. There is lots of room in the car for hauling almost anything you could want to carry. I got my whole dorm room back home in a couple of trips. Pretty reliable engine with the right maintenance and everything worked pretty well. Very heavy and sturdy - great for a first car.

Love my new car!

This is a great vehicle. Love the way it looks and runs! Very enjoyable drive. Can wait for road trips!

2.3

Heater core problems

Worst vehicle I ever owned due to all the heating and heater core problems I having since I purchased the vehicle

4.4

10 Years of Reliability

This was my very first car which I subsequently kept for nearly 10 years. It was very reliable with zero issues until after 130k miles. It drove me between Texas and California TWICE and was always reliable. For being 2006 it was a very attractive car, inside and out. The exterior styling was able to stay up to date with new cars.

Best Car

This is the best car that I have ever owned. To me it is a great family vehicle. Has a lot of room, very comfortable, and reliable.

My first chevy. I'm beyond impressed.

I bought my 2006 Chevy Equinox used. With some miles on it. Minor work needed. It runs great, reliable, and comfortable for my growning teens. It rides smooth and looks good inside and out. I'll definitely buy Chevy products here on out. Their vehicles seem to be most reliable. That says a lot for vehicles these days.

Never a problem, just turned 143000most

Most reliable, still runs stong. Bought it with 16,000 miles in 2007 and lt has been the most awesome and still a good looking vehicle. And no reason to get rid of it.

2.1

Never buy one

I bought a 2006 equinox, 1st month it's been in the shop 3 times, 4 different sensors have been replaced, full rear differential replaced, 2 struts, plus a pile of other things. Bought it for 3700. Have put 2700 in already. But can't look back now. Still in the shop, I guess we'll see how it performs, I need to drive back to MN from Florida. I got Aaa, just in case it pukes. Dang

Made it to 240K with very few problems

Purchased my Equinox 2wd in 2007 with 20K on it. I am a ford person and went from an Explorer that I loved. I am now getting ready call it quits with 240K and sad to see it go. The motor and tranny are still going strong. Mine is just the 2wd it has been great on nasty roads. As you can guess I am a commuter and have put it to the test. Most repairs were basic maintenance, EXCEPT for the door that switches the thermostat from hot to cold. The part was only 25.00 but the labor was right around 1000.00. It is a known problem but Chevy didn't seem to want to recall it. To access the door you have to tear apart the dash which takes between 8 &10 hrs. Now the heater core is out, and once again the dash will have to be taken apart to fix it (book says 6 - 8 hrs. of labor) to access a 75.00 part. Will I buy another one? I?m not sure yet. If Chevy would have made parts easier to access, or at least recalled the door, I would in a heartbeat."

Best vehicle I've owned to date!

I own a 2006 Chevy equinox. I wasn't crazy about the color but the price was right. I think it had 14,000 miles when I purchased it. I now have 173,000 and it's still going. I hope it lasts another 30,000. Just love it, drives great in all weather conditions. I've put very little money into this vehicle outside of normal wear and tear.