2006 Chevrolet Equinox consumer reviews

Explore the 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Shop the 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
4.4

Good Value for the money

Vehicle is a pleasure to drive. Interior needs work for cleaning purposes. Window controls take a while to get used to where they are. Comfort, quietness and reliability are what I like the best on this vehicle. I have had Honda CRV and Ford Explorer. The Equinox, is better on gas (21 MPG around town) 272 miles for 12 gallons. I am very happy with this gas mileage !!!! Not bad for a 6 Cylinder. The Equinox gets on highways very easy to go up to 75 mph with little effort. Lots of head room and adjustable seat is a plus. I paid 10,500 for a 2006 with 34,000 miles on it. Cannot beat the price for a crossover. Highly recommend this vehicle. Also good space for carrying things in the back.

1.7

Do not buy

this car is the first car i gave to my son and we are both disappointed. first off it doesn't get near the mpg it says it should and it handles bumps in the road horrbily. it makes odd noises from the AC and the seats are like made for square lego people. DO NOT BUY

1.6

Worst car i have leased

This car suv has been in the shop more times than I can cound for everything from wheel bearings, to several brakes, rotors, knobs on inside controls, window glass, visors, battery defect...and much more-car leased new and had problems from week 5...

3.7

Good and Bad

I love the leg room in the back seat area and how much travel the seat has BUT there has been issues with the starter (when warm) and a knocking noise (when cold) -- apparently both are common. We leased this vehicle and I'm still undecided if I want to buy it out or trade it in for a Trailblazer?

3.4

not good for stering or engine noise

we purchased this car new, to repace a car with 150,000 miles. I do not know if this one will last. less that 12,000 miles had stering gear replace, now with 26000 need another one and new tires. Very hard to keep on highway with this stearing. The engin has cold morning knock using GM oil or Mobil I, and was told this is normal. GM said the nose will not cause damage and it is covered under warrenty for 3 yrs or 36,000 miles.

love my equinox

I have two kids and my husband is tall at 6'5" and the four of us fit very well in the car. I bought this vehicle at the end of 2005 and have loved it. There have been no problems at all with it. We have taken it on numerous trips and it has done well with gas mileage. I also like the way the back seat can move up to 6" front or back for either more leg room or more cargo space.

2.3

First users mistakes.

This car not qualified for handling, making turns, park in the spot and driving on bumpy roads. It has poor suspension system which can cause a very dangoures positions in some bad roads specialy if it is a rainy day. Very cheap interior design for LS models. Just because of bad front suspension system car can not handles good. Trans kicks in second and third gear. Good loking girl CAN'T DANCE AS IT LOOKS.

4.3

Love it, but.....there is always a but

I love this car. My favorite feature is the adjustable back seat. This feature is great for kids. The only and most troubling problem is the interior. It is impossible to keep it looking good. If you so much as drip water on it you're in a mess. Let alone if you spill something. It is a vicious cycle you can not keep up with. If you clean the seats then you have bigger rings around the edges. I have went as far as just keeping towels down over the seats, because I am embarassed of them. They offer at the dealership to scotch guard your interior and exterior for $500, it is suppose to last for 5 years. My advice is take it. I regret not taking it. Over all I love my car, except this one problem.

1.6

buyer beware

At 52k miles the repair bill was over $3k no maintenance included. Hub bearings seem to be a big problem. It is on the 3rd set. Engine sounds like it is starving for oil, and on cold start runs very rough. Normal I am told by the dealer. Gas milage is over rated this vehicle would not get over 20mpg on the interstate going down hill with the wind behind it. My v-8 chevy crew cab z71 gets better mileage than this vehicle does.

3.7

Great Car

the only thing we dont like very much about the equinox is the interior. the seats stain easily, the carpet shows dirt very easily and paint scratches off plastic easily. otherwise, we love our equinox. the ride is great, it handles well, and very very reliable. already have 65,000 miles on it and it still drives like new