2020 Chevrolet Equinox consumer reviews

side view of 2020 Equinox Chevrolet
Explore the 2020 Chevrolet Equinox
Shop the 2020 Chevrolet Equinox
4.4

I'm a GM person and always will be.

First it's made by General Motors. I liked the styling inside and out. The little 1.5l engine cruises with ease, but I don't care for the lag when leaving from a stop. It rides smooth with minimum road noise. We are seniors and it's easy to get in an out of. Drop the rear seats down and you can haul a lot of different things, that aren't to large. No doubt I would by another.

4.4

Nice crossover SUV

I wanted a reliable all wheel drive suv for the winter. I own two house and needed to be able to haul items to the homes such a hot water heater when one has to be replaced. I also needed a vehicle that could get me through the snow. I did not wish to spend a fortune on an suv that guzzled gas and was much bigger than I needed. I found the gas mileage to be really good. I found the ride to be comfortable and the vehicle is very easy to drive. It is a base model with 1.5 liter 4 cylinder engine. The engine is turbocharged and packs enough power to gain quickly get up to speed on highway onramps. The turbocharged engine does make a difference. The Chevrolet Equinox is also quite stylish. Chevy has packed a great deal into a base model suv at a fantastic price!

Road trip time

I love This car it is so comfortable and I can't wait to go on a road trip. The heated seats are amazing at 5am when it is cold.

So happy to finally own my dream car!

Perfect for all my everyday needs. Smooth ride, comfortable seats and I love the remote start. All wheel drive gives me a stronger sense of comfort during poor weather conditions.

Very comfortable vehicle

We have only owned this vehicle for a short time. It is very comfortable to ride in. We are hoping it gets as good of gas mileage as it states. Looking forward to driving it a long time.

Great car

This is my third Equinox. Very reliable car. My brakes lasted 11 years. My car never game me any problems. Best cat I have ever owned.

2.3

VERY Disappointing....Poor Safety Features

Very disappointed. Needed to get a new car after my lease was up from my Subaru Outback. Loved my Outback but the buy-out option was too costly. Wanted to find an SUV with good safety features and this appeared to fit the bill but beware - that is NOT the case!!! It has no comparison to the Subaru Outback. Here are all the safety faults we have discovered after owning the vehicle for 5 weeks....if one of the front seat occupants fail to put the seat bealt on - half the time the car doesn't chime to tell you so....thought that was a requirement in every vehicle. Chevy's response to this issue is "Well - it will eventually - maybe you weren't going fast enough for it to chime." Seriously. How fast does one need to go? We have had it fail at 30 MPH. Next we have the safety feature that supposedly the car will beep if you go out of your lane and assist with keeping you in the lane. NOPE - again - more than half the time the car doesn't beep when you drift over the line. And it certainly doesn't help keep you in the lane like the Outback did. There are times when you are backing up and the car doesn't beep when somethign / someone is in camera range. So if you want to have safety only about 50% of the time then this is the car for you - otherwise if you want 100% safety pay more and get the Subaru Outback. We are now stuck with a terrible car!

This car is going to last me a long time.

This is the perfect car. Have been wanting one for some time. It has all the comfort I needed. I will plan to take a short road trip soon knowing I will safe. I like the back up camera. Also the bluetooth is important to me.

I love it!

Great performance, the designer lines are amazing And the gas mileage is fabulous. I bought the the one with less accessories but still is one of the nicer car I ever had.

Equinox

The Equniox is a very good cross over. The price and features are unbeatable. I love the apple car play and the standard safety features.