2008 Impala

2008 Chevrolet Impala

2008 Chevrolet Impala

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Chevrolet Impala?

Keeping it forever.

by Jersey Mike from NC/NJ on Tue Sep 18 2012

I got the 08 LT as a graduation present from my folks when I graduated high school back in NJ. We looked at all sorts of cars, but we thought this one had the best value. I go to school in North Carolina, and this car is an absolute dream to drive on the highways. Set it on cruise and enjoy the ride. Around the town, it ain't bad either! Quick reaction for a big car. I wish the gas tank was bigger than 14.5 gallons.. although the MPG is great I still find myself visiting the gas station often. Other than that, I never want to get rid of this car. Literally plan on driving it until the engine falls out. Sleek enough styling for my taste and simplistic controls inside while not slacking on key features. Recommend it for just about anyone.

Love this car!

by Impala lover from Maryland on Wed Dec 12 2007

Used to own a 01 Impala which I loved but wanted to upgrade. I have the LT1 model and I absolutely love it. Drives nice and smooth, nice and quiet plenty of room for kids and a nice look to it. I would absolutely suggest looking into this car!

Best car ever!

by Impalalover08 from Albany, Oregon on Sat Sep 21 2019

This car is virtually perfect for me. I can fit 2 carseats and a person in the back seat. Plenty of leg room up front for comfortable long drives. The engine.... what can I say, it purrs. I am so beyond happy with my purchase. The stereo is awesome and no distortion when I turn it up!!

A young professional's dream

by Mikey T from New Jersey on Mon Feb 20 2017

Car was based in New Jersey... I received the car as a high school graduation gift back in May 2010 and sold it last week. I amassed 85,000 miles on my Impala, and I took her everywhere. I drove to and from college all four years (a 450 mile one-way trip), as far south as Orlando, as far north as Toronto, and as far west as Denver. Awesome highway fuel economy, the largest trunk I've ever seen a car have, and a very smooth ride when cruising on the highway. I only sold her because I badly wanted a pickup truck... otherwise, I'm sure she would've lasted me to 200k miles, no problem. The car stalled out on me once a few months back and that was only due to bad gas in the tank. Incredibly reliable otherwise. A few quirky issues from time to time, but that's what's expected from a GM car these days. Examples: cheap safety wire from gearshift to the braking system made it so that the gearshift wouldn't move out of park unless you removed the center console and pushed the overdrive button... OnStar was for whatever reason draining the battery despite always being inactive... and the actuator in the air vents broke numerous times, thus creating an occasional knocking noise from within the dashboard. If you do a lot of city driving, I wouldn't recommend. The MPG on this car has a wide range... I can get nearly 30 MPG hwy, but only 17-18 city. Plus, the gas tank is small IMO (14 gal), so be mindful of that. Back seat was spacious and visibility was good. Overall, I loved this car and had a lot of happy memories.

Boring but does everything well!

by apet520 from PA on Fri Aug 05 2016

I'm only 22 so the Impala seems like a boring choice. I will say I have had more entertaining vehicles but the Impala does everything well. I never considered an Impala but it was the best vehicle I could get financed for at the time. I am very happy with my Impala, it's very comfortable and averages 28 MPG. I drive it very hard and don't give it the best care. The 3.5 and 4 speed are not fast but they have been rock solid. I am approaching 90000 miles and not a single squeak or rattle has appeared. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Even with me driving hard it uses NO oil. I would trust this car to take my anywhere! I am hoping to get another two years out of it then I plan on getting a Brand New Impala.

Underated Impala

by speedbuggy from Cincinnati,Ohio on Tue Mar 24 2009

I see too many reviews on the Impala that make it sound dull and uninteresting. It is, but it has great features that overshadow that image. I think it has great design, comfort, safety, size and it gets excellent gas mileage. We get mixed driving mileage of 25 mpg. Better than most mid or compact cars. It also has features found on most more expensive cars ie;computer features,fold down rear seat,etc. I am very pleased with our $24,000.Chevrolet

Great Car

by Nichole P. from Montoursville, PA on Wed Feb 27 2019

I bought this car for my dad. He absolutely loves it. Rides like a dream he says, lol. Great car with lots of room and runs without a problem.

has been very dependable vehicle

by Boone from Waltham on Thu Oct 11 2018

over two hundred thousand miles runnin strong would buy again love chevrolet have only replaced battery and struts never let me down.has a 3.5 v-6

Reliable, sporty and affordable!

by Bailey135 from Ardmore, ok on Thu Mar 21 2019

A fun car to drive. Safe, reliable and drives smooth. Good gas mileage and still roomy enough to be a family car. At this price you can't buy a better car

2008 Impala SS

by B24tg from Garland, TX on Mon Oct 05 2015

I purchased my pre-owned 2008 Impala SS with 29,000 miles on it. It just turned 78,000 miles. Most of the mileage is city driving. It has all the whistles & bells of the SS - custom interior, custom wheels, V-8 motor, dual exhaust (sounds good!), Sirius/XM radio, sunroof, etc. It has excellent acceleration, especially when you need it! To my knowledge, its the only Impala that you can buy with a V-8 as standard equipment. It gets about 18 MPG in the city and 22-24 MPG highway, but when you buy a V-8 you can expect this. I don't think they make the SS model anymore for the Impala, so I consider it a collectors item of sorts. If you can get by with the mileage, everything else about the car is great and I highly recommend it!!