2017 Impala

2017 Chevrolet Impala

2017 Chevrolet Impala

Have You Driven the 2017 Chevrolet Impala?

Great car

by Jover from on Tue Jun 06 2017

Comfortable road car. Smooth riding. On a recent 800 mile trip, I averaged 34.2 MPG. The V-6 engine is powerful and efficient. The only thing keeping this from being an outstanding automobile is the poor rear visibility.

Great car

by Alvin from Brownsville on Sat Apr 15 2017

This car is very comfortable, the ride quality is very good. Fuel economy is awesome for such a large car. The stop start function on the 2.5l 4 cylinder is something to get used to but non the less is awesome value.

Best bang for buck

by Steve T. from Elwood,IL on Mon Mar 13 2017

Surprised at the amount of interior space in this car. Ride is quiet and very comfy. Amount of electronics is a little overwhelming at first but easy to adjust to. Only flaw is lack of rear visibility but rear camera makes up for it.(not sure if it's standard)

Perfect Car For Travelling Distances!

by Bongo Bob from Arcade, NY on Thu Jun 22 2017

We went from a mid-sized car (Chevrolet Malibu) to the full sized Impala and we find this car to be very comfortable when riding for extended distances. It's performance, handling and ride comfort are all excellent especially on the expressway! So far we have taken two long distance trips in the 5 months we have owned it and are quite pleased with our choice of this automobile. The styling of this automobile is very classy and sleek as well. There are many options available for this automobile that make it very luxurious, convenient, and safe! If you are looking at full sized cars, I do suggest you consider the Impala as your next car!

Beautiful car

by Stephanie Hernandez from Leipsic, Ohio on Thu Apr 20 2017

I had previously owned a 2006 Impala and drove it for 11 years and put almost 210,000 miles on it so when it came time to purchase a new vehicle I instinctively went for a new Impala. The body style on the new Impala is so great! It is a large sedan with a super sporty look. The back seat is very roomy and comfortable. The trunk space it astounding, it doesn't look very big from the outside but it has a ton of room. I purchased the midnight edition and I absolutely love the look of it! I have received a ton of compliments on the rims of this car. I am so in love with this car!

My Black Beauty

by GusG from Cleveland, Ohio on Thu Sep 28 2017

This vehicle has a fantastic array of safety features. The only challenge is to learn how to use them most effectively. The interior is like sitting in the lap of luxury. The performance and handling are excellent.

Great Car

by Jerry from Delaware, OH on Tue Mar 06 2018

This car has everything in it that you would ever need, spacious and huge trunk. I have had personal experience with the crash rating and it is well worth the 5 star crash ratings.

Too soon to tell

by englewoodranger7 from Chicago on Wed Jul 18 2018

In June 2018, I bought a brand new 2017 Chevy Impala LS with 24 miles. I needed a work horse with a luxurious big car fell but don’t need all the bells and whistles the LT and Premier has. This review is a reflection on the Chevy Impala based on my experience, and feature comparisons between the 2012 LS and 2017 LS. It’s too soon to tell if the 2017 Impala LS is problematic or a solid vehicle. My grandfather was a fan of the 60s and 70s Chevy Impala buying them since I can remember. From 1977 through approximately 1990, Chevy Impala’s comfort and mechanics were poor. While the Impala’s designs were contemporary for the time. My grandfather’s last car was a 1978 Chevy Impala, a boxy design, uncomfortable, and had mechanical issues. By 1992, Chevy Impala became the solid work horse it should be performing mechanically well and providing comfort. I drove 1992 through 1997 Chevy Caprice/Impalas as a police officer and they handled well. I bought a 2012 Chevy Impala LS V6 brand new and traded it in with 110,000 miles for a 2017 Chevy Impala LS V6. During the 6 years I owned the 2012, I had a few mechanical problems. A wheel bearing was replaced along with brakes and tires. The latter two are normal wear and tear expected items. I did have the rear window shatter which I suspect was due to a faulty rear defroster common in 2009 -2013 Impalas. There are lots of YouTube videos showing how to replace a faulty rear-window defroster wire that burns out. It’s located in the front passenger compartment near the right foot. Unfortunately, Chevy didn’t acknowledge the rear window defroster wire burning out nor window shattering as an important recall. And I had to replace a faulty emissions sensor. Otherwise the 2012 Chevy Impala LS was a work horse providing big vehicle comfort and handling. The 6 speaker standard stereo system was awesome in the 2012 LS. The 2012 LS handling was good too. I would often accelerate through an expressway clover leaf not feeling too much tilt in the 2012 LS suspension. I wish the 2012 LS had a standard option for the rear seats to fold down. In 2012, rear seats folding down were only available as an option in the LT but standard in LTZ. The 2012 LS came with 16’ aluminum alloy rims. Where the 2012 LT had 17’ and the LTZ had 18’ alloy rims. In 2012, the V-6, 305 horse power, was standard in the LS, LT, and LTZ. Unfortunately, Chevy has bastardized the 2014-2018 Impala by placing an inferior 4 cylinder in it. It will cost you $1K more to get the V-6 in the 2017 LS, while optional in LT and standard in Premier. In addition, Chevy cheeped it out by not providing aluminum alloy rims in the 2017 LS and some LTs. Instead, the Impala is equipped with cheesy imitation alloy looking hub caps. The alloy rims are a costly option compared to 2012 LS standard. The other dislike I have for the 2017 Impala LS is the dashboard stitching design. It’s visible in the windshield reflection on sunny days and distracting. The gas mileage is the same in the 2012 and 2017 LS. There isn’t any improvement in mpg. However, take your eyes off fuel mileage for a moment, and consider a roomy, quiet spacious, luxurious ride where you can have a conversation with loved ones; it does have great handling, braking, and the controls are simple. A friend has a luxurious Infinity and commented on how he’d much rather have buttons then touch screens with multiple displays you have to filter through while driving. The 2017 LS does come with 18’ rims, compared to the 16’ rims on the 2012 LS, which add to the smooth riding and handling. I do like that the rear seat folds down in the 2017 LS. The trunk is more spacious in the 2017 LS. It seems like the trunk is longer. My golf clubs would barely fit in the 2012 LS. The interior roominess feels about the same in the 2017 as the 2012. There are more cup holders in the 2017 LS located in the side door panels compared to the 2012 LS. I noticed the 2017 LS isn’t as wide as the 2012, but the mirrors are bigger and stick out more than the 2012 LS. I have a one car garage I back my car into and it makes it challenging to make sure I don’t bang the mirrors. In the 2017 LS, looking out the rear view mirror has less of a view than the 2012 LS. It’s almost as though the rear end situs up higher. I find the 2017 LS mirrors have blind spots too. As far as the standard 6 speaker stereo system goes in the 2017 LS, I find its quality less than the 2012 LS. I fade the music to the back speakers to hear an adequate surround sound. If I didn’t do this, it sounds like only the front speakers work. I adjusted other equalizer settings, such as bass and tone, but don’t hear that superb sound I heard in my 2012 LS. I was disappointed with the standard AM/FM SiriusXM radio that it wasn’t Bluetooth as well in the 2017 LS. It doesn’t have a 3.5 mm audio port either. The 2017 LS seems to sit higher by a couple inches compared to the 2012 LS. This must be due to the 18’ rims. I was driving along a 2012 Impala on the expressway and can see the difference. At the time of this review, I drove the 2017 LS 1,400 miles. I’m averaging 22 mpg in mostly Chicago city and stop-and-go highway driving. I haven’t taken it on long trips to see if open road driving mpg will improve. Also, I replaced the standard halogen 1000 Lumen light bulbs because they were too dim with 6500K/4000 Lumen LED light bulbs. I also turned the headlamp adjuster 5 spins clockwise to project the light a bit further. I tested the projection with a lumen tester to make sure it doesn’t blind oncoming traffic. I even had a friend perform an oncoming test to ensure it is not blinding oncoming traffic. I plan to add an aftermarket fog lamp kit to the vehicle (http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/impala/diy_retimpala/LED-Foglamp/Impala-LED-Foglamp-KitAftermarket/). I paid approximately $20K for the 2017 LS V6 vehicle and $22500 after taxes. I’m happy with the cost for a full sized vehicle with a luxurious feel. If the 2017 LS holds-up as well as the 2012 LS, this vehicle will probably last 6 years given the Chicago torturous driving conditions I do and providing it’s not a lemon. Best of luck to you if you buy one.

Love My New Car

by Sista girl from Centreville, Va on Tue Feb 06 2018

Sistagirl...I purchased this vehicle after test driving several other vehicles. I love the style of this vehicle and would definitely recommend it to others.

My first new American car and I love it

by Misterniff from Weaverville,nc on Sat Oct 07 2017

Just bought a 2017 last with the six cylinder and I like it better than my last car, a $42,000 bmw. The handling, power and price all beat the bmw 5 series I traded.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15