Average based on 19 reviews

I LOVE THE MONTE SS!

by from Houston, TX on June 29, 2012

I am getting ready 2 purchase my 3rd Monte Carlo SS tomorrow for a reason.....it's the most comfortable, stylish, economical, safe vehicle I could ever own. I've had a '97 SS, an '02 SS, & now I will have an Earnhardt Jr. Supercharged SS. I would never say it compares to anything! I've CHOSEN this car over Cadillac, BMW, Iaguar, Impala, etc. It handles the road like velcro. Fuel mileage couldn't be better. I even flipped my '97 in my own driveway in mud on a mountainside....I landed upside down still holding the steering wheel....no injurins to me. Had my car repaired & got back on the road. Wish they had NEVER stopped making this classic. Chevy, what were you thinking?

Mileage don't matter

by from on July 4, 2010

I bought a 2004 Monte Carlo in late 2005, with 24k on it, it now has 140k on it with no problems. Its been a great car and will last me 200k easy.

Excellent car

by from sc on June 24, 2010

I have the 2004 Monte Carlo LS with winners circle package and I drive a lot. This car is not only sharp looking, it handles great, rides smooth, and gets great gas mileage. Oh, and the sound system is great too. I have put over 200k miles on it and no real repairs. Just tires about every 75k, changed the battery and just had the brakes done recently. This is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. I am sad they stopped making them. It's time to hand this one down to the kids so I guess I'll look at Impalas now

best FWD car ever made and most reliable gm motor

by from Buffalo, NY on January 29, 2011

By far the best and most reliable sports car ever made. and the most economically viable. Sure its not a RWD Corvette but its an awesome 2 door vehicle thats loaded with options and has the indestructible 3.8L GM motor under the hood. And if thats not enough it gets 30mpg +++ and even more on the open road. How do you beat that ??

Reliable

by from WI on April 12, 2014

I bought my 2004 Monte Carlo LS used 2 years ago with 140,000 miles I am currently at 175,000 miles and still have yet to have a single problem. My only negative comment is the doors are massive but if you can get over that one of the best cars I have ever owned.

Great Car!

by from Milwaukee, WI on March 11, 2012

I own a 04 Intimidater, basically the same car as this. I'm currently at about 150,000 miles, a lot of stop and go city miles too. Never had a problem yet, just regular stuff, tires, breaks, etc. $12,000 is a little high though. And its fun to drive, handles nice, good acceleration. You gotta use premium gas, but the mpg surprisingly isn't that bad. I get about 23 mpg in city. 30 hwy. Overall a great reliable car.

04 Monte Carlo one of Chevy's most underated

by from Phoenix Arizona on November 26, 2008

not as stylish as the impala but a true chevy classic and probably one of the more overlooked values for your money.

2004 Monte Carlo

by from Flushing, Michigan on July 13, 2006

I bought this vehicle for highway use, needing a larger vehicle than my previous Pontiac Grand Am. My Monte Carlo has lived up to expectations. The mileage is awsome. Good handling, great XM radio, and locally produced 3800 V-6 engine. Power is good, considering vehicle size & frugal fuel usage. Well built, with good fit and finish. Some issues with power sunroof...chatters when opening. Local dealer is on third attempt to fix. Roomy trunk. Cover on Onstar module in trunk comes off easily. Onstar isn't a big deal. Overall, a good value and a rewarding experience.

C. Williams

by from Cottage Grove, OR on July 8, 2006

I love this car! I originally bought it for my wife to use but find that I can't stay away from it. The oomph at acceleration is tremendous and I find myself wanting to be leader of the pack on the freeway. I am a big guy and the comfort on a long trip is excellent. I feel like a teenager again when I'm in this car. The other thing about it is there is not another body style which matches it, I know it is suppose to look like the Impala but to me it doesn't, it has it's own unique style. I can't see paying good money for a car when it looks like everyone else's.

Best car I've driven in a long while

by from Ohio on March 22, 2016

Monte Carlo handles the road beautifully. It takes curves and turns great. I really love how it drives in different weather conditions.