2004 Monte Carlo

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

4.5

Have You Driven the 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo?

I LOVE THE MONTE SS!

by Judypruitt from Houston, TX on Fri Jun 29 2012

I am getting ready 2 purchase my 3rd Monte Carlo SS tomorrow for a reason.....it's the most comfortable, stylish, economical, safe vehicle I could ever own. I've had a '97 SS, an '02 SS, & now I will have an Earnhardt Jr. Supercharged SS. I would never say it compares to anything! I've CHOSEN this car over Cadillac, BMW, Iaguar, Impala, etc. It handles the road like velcro. Fuel mileage couldn't be better. I even flipped my '97 in my own driveway in mud on a mountainside....I landed upside down still holding the steering wheel....no injurins to me. Had my car repaired & got back on the road. Wish they had NEVER stopped making this classic. Chevy, what were you thinking?

Excellent car

by trbl from sc on Thu Jun 24 2010

I have the 2004 Monte Carlo LS with winners circle package and I drive a lot. This car is not only sharp looking, it handles great, rides smooth, and gets great gas mileage. Oh, and the sound system is great too. I have put over 200k miles on it and no real repairs. Just tires about every 75k, changed the battery and just had the brakes done recently. This is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. I am sad they stopped making them. It's time to hand this one down to the kids so I guess I'll look at Impalas now

Awesomely Reliable

by Eddy Bordado from Madison, WI on Thu Jun 26 2014

I have 207,000 miles on my '02 Monte Carlo SS, and my main mechanic said I will have no problem reaching 300,000 miles. I have had to pour some money into it to maintain some gaskets and manifolds along with new struts, springs, and spark plugs in addition to general maintenance. The car runs smoothly, and handles nicely. I recommend this car to any Chevy enthusiast like me who wants performance, style, and reliability.

Mileage don't matter

by love them from on Sun Jul 04 2010

I bought a 2004 Monte Carlo in late 2005, with 24k on it, it now has 140k on it with no problems. Its been a great car and will last me 200k easy.

Reliable

by Zach from WI on Sat Apr 12 2014

I bought my 2004 Monte Carlo LS used 2 years ago with 140,000 miles I am currently at 175,000 miles and still have yet to have a single problem. My only negative comment is the doors are massive but if you can get over that one of the best cars I have ever owned.

best FWD car ever made and most reliable gm motor

by Hollywood from Buffalo, NY on Sat Jan 29 2011

By far the best and most reliable sports car ever made. and the most economically viable. Sure its not a RWD Corvette but its an awesome 2 door vehicle thats loaded with options and has the indestructible 3.8L GM motor under the hood. And if thats not enough it gets 30mpg +++ and even more on the open road. How do you beat that ??

Great Car!

by Rickybarion from Milwaukee, WI on Sun Mar 11 2012

I own a 04 Intimidater, basically the same car as this. I'm currently at about 150,000 miles, a lot of stop and go city miles too. Never had a problem yet, just regular stuff, tires, breaks, etc. $12,000 is a little high though. And its fun to drive, handles nice, good acceleration. You gotta use premium gas, but the mpg surprisingly isn't that bad. I get about 23 mpg in city. 30 hwy. Overall a great reliable car.

C. Williams

by C. Williams from Cottage Grove, OR on Sat Jul 08 2006

I love this car! I originally bought it for my wife to use but find that I can't stay away from it. The oomph at acceleration is tremendous and I find myself wanting to be leader of the pack on the freeway. I am a big guy and the comfort on a long trip is excellent. I feel like a teenager again when I'm in this car. The other thing about it is there is not another body style which matches it, I know it is suppose to look like the Impala but to me it doesn't, it has it's own unique style. I can't see paying good money for a car when it looks like everyone else's.

2004 Monte Carlo

by RickyD from Flushing, Michigan on Thu Jul 13 2006

I bought this vehicle for highway use, needing a larger vehicle than my previous Pontiac Grand Am. My Monte Carlo has lived up to expectations. The mileage is awsome. Good handling, great XM radio, and locally produced 3800 V-6 engine. Power is good, considering vehicle size & frugal fuel usage. Well built, with good fit and finish. Some issues with power sunroof...chatters when opening. Local dealer is on third attempt to fix. Roomy trunk. Cover on Onstar module in trunk comes off easily. Onstar isn't a big deal. Overall, a good value and a rewarding experience.

most safest comfortable reliable car love it

by as Monte Carlo from riverside ca on Tue May 27 2014

The best dealer ship out there very ounest and helpful thanks for beach city auto going back to buy another car soon

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo SS built to perform

DETROIT--The 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS may be the perfect antidote for enthusiasts who are tired of the high-tech gadgetry and operating-room sterility of newer performance models from Europe and Asia.

The Monte Carlo SS is simple, tasteful and affordable -- virtues that too many would-be competitors have ignored or forgotten.

Best of all, it's highly entertaining, without sacrificing the utility and family values that have been Chevrolet hallmarks for decades.

Curiously, General Motors Corp.'s crosstown rivals don't make anything like it. If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive, sporty two-door from Ford Motor Co., the rear-wheel-drive Mustang... Read More