2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo consumer reviews

$20,330 starting MSRP
side view of 2006 Monte Carlo Chevrolet
Explore the 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Love the SS

I been wanting this vehicle since I was young, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Its fast, sporty and my dream car! Most importantly it has a sunroof.

Overall nice

LTZ model, Nice styling, sport type of ride (a little rough), turning and acceleration has great response, quite a reach for dash controls, noted for some rust around front of rear wheel wells, seats are leather and a bit stiff and not as comfy as upholstery.

Best car ever!!!

This is one of my favorite purchases. The car is very reliable. I love the style and performance. Very reasonable price as well!

Bought new 2000 SS, have now 2006 LTX, 2002 LS.

Sworn love afair with Monte's. Most comfortable, smooth highway driving, overall fun to drive car. The 2006 LTX with the 3.9L has plenty of power and fully loaded. Im city and highway driving with low 20s mpg. No complaints. Style is sharp. Just purchased that and trying to determine if the Dale Earnhardt emblem on trunk is valid from GM. Sides of car have only a GM small square emblem on both sides. Confirmed one owner before me. Any thoughts? Had the 2000 for 14 years!. Just rusted out eventually.

Favorite Car I Have Owned

I bought the Monte Carlo SS brand new and I still receive complements. I believe the Lazer Blue with Silverstone Metallic lower body trim color helps. I try to keep it up as best as possible. The only serious issues I have had with the vehicle is I had work on the transmission and electrical problems. I chose this care over the Dodge Charger, Ford Mustang GT, and Pontiac GTO. No regrets!!!

4.3

Great car, no complaints over the last 8 years own

I bought this car when it was 3 years old. The only things that were needed were a set of tires and a battery. Always drove excellent, and has kept it's appearance nicely.

One of my favorites!!!

This is a great automobile! The 5.3L V8 is insanely quick, with 303 horsepower, and DOD (Displacement on Demand) to give you added fuel economy. Awesome tone for stock exhaust, and a very roomy, very comfortable interior for a coupe. The front seats are nicely bolstered, and offer a longer, and wider seat base to support your knees. Amazing capability on Wisconsin's snow covered roads as well! However, there is some mild torque steer off the line. They should have used two engine mounts (as they did on the Grand Prix GXP) to help minimize that. Otherwise, no complaints! I miss it everyday!

2006 Monte Carlo LT 3500

I have had this car two years with no serious complaints. It rides nice on the highway close to 30 mpg. Unfortunately, I hit a deer last September doing around 55 mph and watched the deer fly off into a ditch. Not, that I am glad my airbag did not employ which could of made the incident worse, but the day I was taking it in to repair the damage, I hit another deer close to the same area on my car. I was doing 40 mph down the road I live on and it came out of the brush and hit my passenger side by the head light and front quarter panel again it was knocked back into the brush. My airbag still did not employ! Tonight I was looking for another Monte Carlo on line and seen one where I read the car fax with the same year and model as mine. It was in a rear end accident hitting another car with its front end and the airbag did not employ! RECALL

4.4

monte carlo SS

I have owned an 06 SS for a little over a year now and use it as my every day driver to work puting up to 100 miles on it a day. I have not expierienced any serious issues. The 5.3 liter ls4 provides plenty of power. This car can easily spin wheels at 30 mph with traction control off, and with a cold air intake installed you will see even more power gains. I have heard stories about ls4's in the Impala's and monte carlo's where blowing the transmissions at low mileage but mine is at 55k and I havent noticed any issues yet.

4.0

A nice ride

I really enjoy my 2006 Monte Carlo LS. It has a lot of additional features that I was not expecting, such as the computer that calculates your MPG and your fuel range. Plus it is OnStar equipped. The V6 engine has plenty of power as well as great gas mileage. It is a great car.