2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 consumer reviews

Explore the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Shop the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
3.1

09 Silverado was a money pit

My 09 Silverado was a constant problem from the get go. Owned it 3.5 years for 45k miles and in that time the ecm and pcm were replaced, both lower and upper balljoints, all door locks failed, upper glove box handle broke, center console broke, transfer case seal leaked transfer case clutches themselves were out, broke 2 CV axles, the windshield cracked from extreme heat apparently and all my airbag sensors failed. Total junk. I never even hauled a single thing in it it was practically a car and it kept falling apart.

4.0

love the color of this truck

This truck is a crew cab in the color I was really looking for, and had low miles which I was also looking for. The price was about 2000 below KKB which was another factor in my decision to purchase this truck.

Very Reliable

Chevy tough! I have hauled countless items with my Silverado and it never lets me down! It has been the most dependable car I have ever owned.

3.7

Disappointed

For a low milage truck, 67,000 miles, a lot of problems. Transmission rebuild, TPMS sensors, left mirror/door lock switch, front struts/springs. Rear shocks. Seat fabric water marks easily. Fuel milage 17 to 18 mpg. 4.8 litre. Like the looks and ride comfort.

Solid truck with great handling.

Great carrying capacity and and towing ability. Handles great on the road with plenty of power. Sharp appearance and color. Spare tire storage and retrieval is really great.

Love it!

Great truck. Well taken care of. Body could have used a little more bling but overall, nice. This is my second Silverado. Would certainly buy it again.

Best used vehicle I've ever owned!

Looked at several Silverados and boy was I very lucky to get this truck. Rides great and it can be a beast if need be!

4.4

looking for months

This truck was what we were looking for for several months. Love it!! The first time I went to Cars.com I found this truck. It was a great help! thank you Cars.com!

Smooth big truck

Bought it brand new, expecting to drive it until the wheels fell off. Then Life changed and we now are in need of a minivan. Super low miles, excellent condition

2009 Z1 P/U Truck with great style and power.

Truck is a great buy. It has 118,000 miles and still looks and runs like new. Z71 package is awesome. Had Fords and this is just a more solid truck.