NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Traverse

2017 Chevrolet Traverse

Have You Driven the 2017 Chevrolet Traverse?

Nice upgrade from the Equinox

by dcnblues from Savannah, TX on Tue Mar 28 2017

My wife drove the wheels off a 2012 Equinox, the first new car I bought for her. 140K miles in 5 years. So, when we went looking for "same, only better" we settled on the 2017 Traverse LT. It is definitely "more". More room. More power. More features. But it still inspires the same confidence in driving, it doesn't feel "big" or "heavy", and it doesn't crowd the garage. And at $41K before incentives, rebates, or trade-in, it doesn't crowd the bank account either. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how far this Traverse takes us.

Our 2017 Traverse Premium

by Rjbop from Pflugerville, Texas on Mon Mar 06 2017

This is Traverse number three for us. This vehicle can only be described as unbelievable. Everything about this Traverse has been fine tuned over our 2013 Traverse. Wonderful bells and whistles.

Good car but interior needs addressed

by ObjectiveCritic from Pittsburgh PA. on Thu Aug 24 2017

We bought our Traverse AWD LT in the beginning of July and have driven it for 2 months now. Overall the vehicle is a very solid choice for the money. the exterior styling and performance are great and so far the reliability as well. My only issue is the seats. The seat bottoms are too short and not supportive enough which leads to fatigue when doing more than an intermediate drive. Also, for as well as the vehicle handles the side boslters are not sturdy enough either. I feel if Chevy fixed these issues this SUV would be comparable to the best in the class. My F150's seats are far more comfortable and supportive in comparison.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Car - missing luxury items

by Jason from Springville, NY on Sun Apr 30 2017

Love the way the car drives... but the computer interface is pretty bad. Bluetooth doesn't sync contacts and doesn't sync with most LG phones. Can't sync android apps or navigation. Some odd placement of the wipers, blinkers and back wipers.

The Best Deal, Great Customer Service

by Joe Las Vegas at Findlay from Las Vegas, Nv. on Wed Jan 18 2017

I came in looking for a specific vehicle That Jeff had problems finding in the lot but he was persistent and found the vehicle. My turn in SUV came right in the middle of my expected numbers and the discounts were in line with website so my experience was just great.

17 Traverse

by Cruisefan from on Tue Apr 25 2017

We were looking for an SUV and I had wanted a Traverse for a while. We began our search at a Ford dealership where we looked at an Explorer. We didn't take a test drive but it appeared to be a very nice vehicle. I had previously e-mailed Frontier Chevrolet regarding a particular Traverse, and Scotty answered my e-mailed setting an appointment for the next day. When we arrived the vehicle had been cleaned up, sitting waiting on us. We got in and this vehicle looked like an airplane cockpit with all the gauges and controls, which was too fancy for us. There was another Traverse that caught our attention, with not so many whistles on it. We drove it knowing this would be the vehicle for us. The Traverse excels in all areas. We truly are enjoying our new vehicle.

Impressed

by queenona from Philadelphia, PA on Fri Nov 18 2016

I had a 2014 Ford Escape before I brought the Traverse. It rides so smoothly and handles nicely. I absolutely love this vehicle.

Look at other vehicles before buying this one

by JmaysRN from Texarkana on Mon Jul 31 2017

I like the style of the exterior but the interior is where I have a problem. The passenger seat is so uncomfortable that it's makes a long trip difficult. The airbag sensor is just under the seat cover and GM is unwilling to listen or fix an obvious flaw. The 2 back seats are difficult to operate. I do however like the roominess of this vehicle. I wish that I had look at other vehicles before purchasing.

Does not recommend this car!!

by John from Mc Donald, Ohio on Thu Mar 23 2017

Love this vehicle, drives and handles amazing, roomy and so comfortable. It almost feels like you are driving a sports car without being cramped. The driver seat has so much room and you don't feel cramped driving it, plenty of leg room, controls are in reach, well thought out vehicle!

New Traverse

by FamOf6 from on Wed Apr 19 2017

Downsized from a Yukon to a 2017 Traverse. Was leery at first, but wouldn't trade the Traverse for anything now. Spacious and comfortable and great gas mileage!

Our Take on the 2017 Chevrolet Traverse

The verdict:

The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse offers generous cargo space and passenger room, but truck-like handling and an irritating multimedia system are major weaknesses.

Versus the competition:

When it comes to things like diamonds and vacations, bigger is almost always better. When it comes to three-row SUVs, that's not always the case — especially where Chevrolet is concerned.

In Cars.com's $40,000 Three-Row SUV Challenge, the 2014 Traverse went head-to-head with several rivals — including the Toyota Highlander, Dodge Durango and Hyundai Santa Fe — and landed at the bottom of the pack. For 2016, the only change of note is the addition of standard 4G LTE connectivity and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality (data subscription required). Compare the 2015 and 2016 Traverse models here, and see how the Traverse compares against three of its competitors here.

Editor’s note: This review was written in October 2015 about the 2016 Traverse, but little has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Exterior & Styling

Imitation is the trend in the three-row SUV class, with many shared styling cues homogenizing the segment. The Traverse is no exception. It wears a broad version of the brand’s trademark grille and the sloping roofline and shapely silhouette popular with the rest of the class. The overall look is clean and polished, if unexciting.

How It Drives

The Traverse is big and drives like it; it’s heavy and has a larger turning... Read More