NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Traverse

2017 Chevrolet Traverse

2017 Chevrolet Traverse

Have You Driven the 2017 Chevrolet Traverse?

Best deal and affordable

by Jonathan from Round Rock on Fri May 19 2017

It feels great driving it, we went from Chevy Cruze to Chevy Traverse and we love it my kids love it also. it feels huge for them

Best car I've ever owned

by ashleywc1988 from Belleville il on Sun May 14 2017

Tons of room, drives smooth and great and love the style. And it has wifi in the vehicle kids and husband love that!!!

Awesome chevy wife is loves it...

by Abel from Los Banos, Ca on Wed May 31 2017

Overall this Traverse is the nicest car we have ever owned. Love how it handles and how smooth it rides. Overall numero uno ( number 1).

Awesome SUV

by Chadevans from Fairborn, Ohio on Wed May 31 2017

This truck exceeded our expectations! We love all the features from the third row seating, touch screen navigation, on star, leather, handles great, backup camera, etc...

One of the best choices in the Mid size SUV catego

by chris06v1 from Austin, TX on Wed May 31 2017

I was searching for the perfect SUV for me for a while and I couldn't find anything that had it all, but the Chevy Traverse comes really close. It is very spacious and smooth which makes for a very comfortable ride. It looks nice inside and outside. My only complaint is that it gets mistaken for a van so I wish it had more of a truck look like the 2018 traverse coming out soon. It handles great and almost feels like you're driving a car. I just wish it could accelerate quicker. I haven't had it for very long yet so hard to comment on its reliability but I have high hopes. It has disappointed me in any way yet. I think it overall a good value but as someone not use to paying $40k for a vehicle I just wish it had everything I wanted.

This car meets our families needs for years to com

by WilliamIII from Irmo,SC on Sat May 27 2017

I love the way it drives and comfort it provides. The first "big" car I have ever owned and it exceeds my expectations by far. I only wish the gas mileage combined would be around 22 or so instead ead of 18. I would recommend this car to any family of 4-7 people.

Love my Traverse

by Crystal from PAWCATUCK on Tue Apr 25 2017

I owned a 2011 Traverse and loved that car. I was one car payment away from owning it out right and it was totaled while it was parked at work. I knew that I wanted another Traverse. Great car.

Most comfortable car we have driven.

by GretzHS from Harbor Spgs. Mi on Mon Sep 18 2017

This car had all that we wanted. Trailer pkg, leather seats, heated and cooled seats navigation and safety pkg.

out of 5 starsReliability

Roomy comfortable ride

by chief from West TN on Fri Jun 09 2017

Nice ride . It's a long ride to stores. Able to load up groceries with out any crushing of soft items. Still use my pick up for animal transport, but cages would fit in easily with seats down. Like info on dash,USB port ,mpg avg . Like view while driving back up cam nice with warning system.also like not having recessed area under seats that could trap dirt etc. would like the steering wheel to raise up more for entering and exiting driver (me) with less flexible legs

My 2nd Traverse -Love it

by Pam Coz from on Wed Mar 29 2017

I wanted a "reasonably priced" 7-8 passenger vehicle. I have two kids, but often we take all our nephews and our kids' school friends out. Had an Equinox and it wasn't big enough. Upgraded to a Traverse 6 years ago and LOVED IT!!! Now I just upgraded to a newer model with all the new technology and STILL love it! Smooth ride, pretty interior, good on gas. I would highly recommend a Traverse to anyone w/ a large family or someone who transports lots of kids around!

Our Take on the 2017 Chevrolet Traverse

The verdict:

The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse offers generous cargo space and passenger room, but truck-like handling and an irritating multimedia system are major weaknesses.

Versus the competition:

When it comes to things like diamonds and vacations, bigger is almost always better. When it comes to three-row SUVs, that's not always the case — especially where Chevrolet is concerned.

In Cars.com's $40,000 Three-Row SUV Challenge, the 2014 Traverse went head-to-head with several rivals — including the Toyota Highlander, Dodge Durango and Hyundai Santa Fe — and landed at the bottom of the pack. For 2016, the only change of note is the addition of standard 4G LTE connectivity and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality (data subscription required). Compare the 2015 and 2016 Traverse models here, and see how the Traverse compares against three of its competitors here.

Editor’s note: This review was written in October 2015 about the 2016 Traverse, but little has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Exterior & Styling

Imitation is the trend in the three-row SUV class, with many shared styling cues homogenizing the segment. The Traverse is no exception. It wears a broad version of the brand’s trademark grille and the sloping roofline and shapely silhouette popular with the rest of the class. The overall look is clean and polished, if unexciting.

How It Drives

The Traverse is big and drives like it; it’s heavy and has a larger turning... Read More