2013 Dodge Journey consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Journey Dodge
Explore the 2013 Dodge Journey
Shop the 2013 Dodge Journey
2.3

Worst car I have ever owned

Within 6 months of this purchase, it had been back to the dealer for repairs 8 times... not a typo.... 8 times. Yes, that is more than once a month! There was an electrical issue, a gas line issue, a break issue, a battery issue, an ac issue, and even an issue with the radio and Bluetooth not working properly. All eight times required us to leave the car for more than one night, one time was a full two weeks . Being under warranty , we were told to go next-door to the car rental place and pick up a rental car. Two of those eight times the dealership conveniently forgot to tell them that it was covered.... three months later we got billed for it. But that's a whole other issue . Needless to say, three years later, we continue to have problems with this vehicle. From small little things like the coat hook breaking with one prom dress hanging on it (we all know prom dresses dont weigh much), to the windows leaking. Is the worst car purchase I have ever made. First and last dodge for me!!!

4.0

Great car I love it comfortable !

It is very efficient great features 2 car chargers a few is ports rear a/c plenty of room to put children the seats may down not too bulky .

4.4

2013 Dodge Journey

Excellent vehicle. Very functional and no problems! Love the third row seat and the room for hauling lots of stuff!

3.9

Family car

We beat this car up daily, with kid messes & driving all around town, we bought it new in 2013 & it is a good reliable SUV with plenary of room, the seats fold down for big items too!

journey

Good deal, mom's car she has not driven it in 3 years it has been at my house and I drive it only to car wash or oil changes 7700 miles

Best car I've ever had!

Absolutely love this car. All of the modern features are amazing, my favorite being the digital speedometer. There's is tons of space packed in this compact SUV. It's also a plus that it has such great gas mileage. Will buy from Dodge again.

4.4

Love my car it's a gas saver

I love it my children fit comfortable in my car easy on gas never have any problems with any malfunctions

4.1

My Dodge Journey Review

Love my Journey. I have had it for under a year but it has been excellent. I have had no problem, and the comfort of the vehicle is good. Ride and handling are great. You do get some more road noise than wanted at times but that is nothing that turning up your radio wont fix. Other than that the vehicle to me is very well put together.

3.6

Practical ride

Great car. Not ideal for big families. Not much space in third. My wife loves the vehicle. Would be better if second row was bucket seats rather than bench for easier access to third row. Reliable, haven't had any trouble with the vehicle performance.

First time Canadian Chrysler buyer

As promised in my April 27, 2014 post, I am providing an update. The car is now two years old and has 25,000 miles on it. Our car has the 3.6 Petastar, 3?rd row seating, 8.4 inch Uconnect system, roof racks, premium sound system, DVD player, rear air conditioning, push button start, heated seats and steering wheel, back up camera and is front wheel drive only. I?ve had three problems since I bought the car. All were fixed promptly under the 3 year 36,000 mile basic warranty. The first issue was that the one of the rear floor storage compartments leaked. The dealership resealed the unit and I have not had a problem with it since. The second and third issues were with the front end. At around 20,000 miles I noticed noises from the front end when going over small bumps. The dealership replaced the struts and lower control arms and realigned the car. This fixed my front end noise problems. As noticed in other comments the transmission shifts can be a bit rough. However, I had read a number of blogs and watched a number of reviews on you tube before I bought this car and virtually every one of them said that the transmission was a little rough. So, this was expected. I did mention the rough shifts to the dealership and they reset the transmission control module back to factory settings. This did not help much. All in all I find the vehicle very comfortable and easy to drive. The 3.6 Pentastar has all the power you would ever need. The Uconnect (infotainment system) is still by far the very best I?ve seen in any vehicle. In my opinion, great value for the money, I?d recommend this car to anyone.