2001 Dodge Ram 1500 consumer reviews

Explore the 2001 Ram 1500 Dodge
Shop the 2001 Ram 1500 Dodge
4.4

Project Truck

I got this truck to teach my son how to work on cars. It is very easy to work on and the parts are readily available and inexpensive. We have had a very good time rebuilding the suspension and the brakes. If you are burning oil,pinging, or have bad gas millage just replace the intake manifold with the Doorman kit, this will solve your problem and your Ram will run like new. If you do the intake you should do the water-pump and a tune up at the same time. If you have it all apart and over 150k miles change the timing chain also. These trucks have week transmissions, just change the fluid, filter, and adjust the bands yearly. Also in stall a Trans cooler and always use atf+4 when filling.

4.0

best truck i ever owned my first 360 5.9liter

Ive got over 220,000 miles on my dodge ram .its the most reliable truck ive ever had trans and engine run smooth . plenty of room in frnt seat.

4.0

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 5.9 4x4

i love my Dodge Ram. Its a very reliability truck but i have had lots of problems with the truck. I'm the 3rd owner and the last 2 didn't take care of it. the truck has 130,000 miles and its still kicking just fine. i have only owned the truck for 9 months and i have replaced the fuel pump,water pump,ball joints lots of senors and many more parts. i have towed and off road with the truck and she does good. The Dodge has no problem towing and going through the mud or snow if its not to deep. It has been starting up it the winter even when the temperature is -10 out. The truck sits outside the whole year and always starts up for the most part. Like if the fuel pump goes out or a senor its not starting up. Over all i'm very happy with my truck and i plan on doing a lot of work to it.

Best truck I owned

I love the 2011 dodge ram 1500 with the hemi. .......I'll be back for the 2015 later in time......I like the way it drives it as alot of power which I like. .....it's very comfortable as well.......and must I say the sound system is awesome. ......

My first Truck

I bought mine back in 2005 when it had 55k miles on it. I've never had any issues with this car at all, some damage to the dash that i didn't deal with and the problems i've had with it i've caused myself. This car is just simply amazingly reliable, a tough truck that lasts very very long, it has 155k miles now and still running very well. I'm proud of my first Truck, she gets it done!

OFF ROAD edition

I have the original Off Road edition I bought new with all the cool stuff on it, this truck has never let me down. With 90k and I still have the original brakes on it, this truck is awesome.

2.6

Never Again

This was the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. 2001 ram 1500 4x4 . I think in the 2 and a half years I owned this piece of junk the dealer had it as much as I did.Starting at 3 months old the quality issues started rearing their ugly head.Bumper pitting with rust.fake chrome on the grill bubbling and peeling off.Wheel center caps peeling.Leather on steering wheel crumbling off.Heated mirror cracked when I turned it on.Countless computer issues Weakest suspension of any truck I've ever owned, Lousy fuel mileage and lousy trade in value.Thank god I went back to Ford I'll never own another Chrysler Product again.At least I got rid of it before all of the major issues with these trucks showed up.Ex..Transmission,Front end problems, Poor brakes....etc...etc...etc...

Best truck

I owned a 2001 short bed Ram 1500 Offroad package. Best truck I ever owned including my current 2008 F250. I sold it at 250,000 miles and regret doing it. I would have loved to have made it a project truck. I bought it brand new and it was a beast. I hauled heavy loads to the dump, took it on the beach. Just a great good looking truck. At 200,000 miles I took it to the dealer and told them to overhaul the engine, tune up what ever it needed, just do it. The service manager called me and said there was nothing wrong with it. The compression was just as as new, heads all clean. He said if it ain't broke don't fix it. I used synthetic oil and changed it every 3000 miles so I think that had a lot to do with it. My wife pressured me to sell it and now even she regrets it. I've been trying to find it and hope one day I will and can restore it.

4.4

Complete beast

I use my truck for everything firewood, mulch, dirt, leaves, stone, you name it. I have the 1500 5.9 liter V8 magnum sport trim. It's a 2001 and like any old trucks somethings do need to be replaced. This truck is a great ride and looks better than half the cars on the road. It's more powerful than you think. It starts in 10 degree and 100 degree weather and works. Love the truck and it will be a sad day when I can't drive it anymore, but I look forward to buying another Ram 1500 and having another Chrysler made truck. They are the best looking trucks on the road, Period.

Best truck I have ever owned.

I bought mine in December of 2000. It is the best truck I have ever owned. Gas mileage at this day and time is not great though.