2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid consumer reviews

$24,170 starting MSRP
side view of 2014 C-Max Hybrid Ford
Explore the 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid
Shop the 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid

Great car for the money!

Ford has given the hybrid world a shot in the arm! The C-MAX is a stylish alternative to more established players like the Toyota Prius. The Ford C-Max Hybrid is powered by a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder hybrid engine, combined with a lithium-ion powered battery, that produces 188 hp and 129 lb-ft of torque. This means when you are accelerating from a stop or moving at highway speeds, the C-Max Hybrid feels zippy. It also smoothly transitions between gas and electric power. The C-Max Hybrid rides firmly but also feels smooth on most road surfaces. It has responsive steering, a composed ride, and strong brakes. With all this zip and responsiveness, you still get an EPA estimated 44 mpg in the city, and 41mpg on the highway! These estimates are only topped, and slightly, by the Toyota Prius v’s.

Very reliable with excellent mileage.

12V battery must be replaced every 3 years to avoid any problems, best to replace before any problems come up. Had a dead battery several times before coming up with this idea, no problems since.

Great car good on fuel Lotta room in it

For the money it’s a great car we have had no problems with it 95000 miles on it. I definitely would recommend it for transportation back-and-forth to work

2.1

This car is as bad if not worst then th 2 Fords

This car has more problens then the Chevy Corvayor ever had. The sounds it makes make it sound like I won't make it another 10 Miles.

Better that our 2010 Toyota Prius

The only problem we have had in 4 years is the oxygen sensors. Ford apparently has not made a good oxygen sensor. We have replaced both and still had problems. Ford wanted to hold a committee meeting to decide whether it was another sensor which had been replaced a month earlier, might be a catalytic converter. I bought one and had it installed by an auto repair shop. Everything a the dealer ship was $350 and up. Still have the same check engine code coming up but now I disregard it so the mpg is up and down.

Best Driving/Riding Hybrid in my opinion.

Excellent fuel economy Roomy interior with easy in and out Agile handling and strong acceleration for a hybrid Attractive, well-built interior Smoothly transitions between gas and electric power Excellent outward visibility

Good reviews vs. bad…

I read most all the bad reviews on the C-Max. No automobile is perfect, but maintenance, mileage, and understanding the size of car you need is a priority. Most bad reviews delt with one of those issues. I tell my friends why I bought 3 of these cars (only have 2 now) that if you require a lot of space, this aint your car. You keep the maint. current it will run forever. I echo all the great reviews, as have had 3 total all with NO PROBLEMS. The only complaint I have about the C-Max is it's low to the ground, but I test drove one first and the seating was comfortable for us. Simply compare it to the Prius. If you were interested in a Prius, you should instead buy the C-Max.

3.3

3rd transmission at 140K miles! The car's a lemon!

2nd transmission need at 50K miles, 3rd needed at 140K. Ford stupidly placed a sensor inside the vehicle's transmission that determines if the car's in park. Companies normally put that under the hood. To change the sensor means to replace the transmission. That's $6000! A used tranny is $1500 plus install and who knows how longs that will last? The car after 5 years is only worth $3800 trade in if it was working order.

4.0

We put 50,000 miles on it.

Great car. Sorry Ford decided to discontinue it. Their mistake, we would have purchased a new one. Only down side of this car was the turning radius, we would need to back up to re-align the car to pull into a parking spot. Other than that it was fun to drive and watch how well you brake and charge the battery. We got about 41 mpg.

The most comfort car I ever own

This car has every thing what I want. The high (not to high not to low) very comfy inside the car , visuallity is perfect. The gas also is good. I will buy next year this car. because ride now Canada do not have a new model for the 2019. I like so much this car. I is perfect for me and my needs.