2014 Ford C Max Hybrid

Very reliable car

by from Corona on August 17, 2017

This vehicle was free at. The gas mileage was awesome. Only bummer was the low resale value on it. Good choice.

Reliable car

by from Menasha, WI on July 20, 2017

Test drove this and a Prius. Liked the hybrid system in the Cmax better. Very reliable, good mileage, and comfortable to drive. Logical instrument panel.

Probably the best car I've ever owned.

by from Pittsburgh, PA on June 29, 2017

Fantastic gas mileage, plenty of power, sporty handling, roomy, comfortable, well equipped. I purchased my C Max SE Hybrid about 4 weeks ago after my 2006 Outback's motor went. Ford has really done a fantastic job on this one. I was looking to get a car with better than the 19/22 MPG I was getting with my Subaru and didn't want to give up many of the options I've got used to having. I'm currently getting 36.3 MPG around town average on the hilly terrain of Pittsburgh, PA., can't ask for more. As far as the power I can tell you I was totally impressed. Goes up the Pittsburgh hill as well as my V6 Explorer. On the highway merging is not a problem as well as plenty of get up and go for passing. Handling is surprisingly tight in city and highway conditions with very little body roll, as good if not better than my Escort GT I owned years ago. I have read other reviews saying poor turning radius but I just don't see what they can be talking about, I drive for Uber and have turned around in many tight spots with no problem. Parking also not an issue. Build quality is impressive as everything still seems tight and solid even after nearly 4 years and one other owner. Very spacious interior with plenty of head and leg room both front and back seats, I'm 6'2" and don't need to have my seat back all the way to not feel cramped. Mine was equipped with power windows/locks, keyless entry, power lift-gate, SYNC touch screen radio with SiriusXM CD and GPS navigation 2.0 ltr 4 cylinder gas/electric with a CVT transmission. In the short time I have owned my C Max I have used it as a dayily commuter, Uber, family truckster and after taking it on it's first major road trip today of over 400 miles I can say I am totally impressed with this car and think it may possibly be the best car I have ever owned and has resolved any doubts I had about Hybrids.

I Am Breaking My Lease

by from Windham, Massachusetts on June 10, 2017

Back in 2014, we turned in our leased 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD for something more fuel efficient and nimble to move around the city of Boston. After looking into options, I test drove the Prius V, Jetta SportWagen TDI, Lexus CT 200h, including the C-Max Hybrid. I really found myself (at the time) liking the Ford the best for it's class-leading technology and cheap price point. Although the C-Max was smaller than the others, I found it the easiest to get around the city (so I thought...) After driving it for 36/48 months of my lease, I hate it. I simply have to break my lease. After living and working in Boston, the turning radius on the C-Max is ferocious. Parallel parking is a challenge as well as simply pulling into a perpendicular parking space. Along with that, I have been involved in three different accidents and every single one resulted in a large amount of damage due to the "crumple safety technology" that Ford introduced to prevent the interior passengers of any injuries. But what they didn't tell you, was how darn expensive it was going to be to replace the parts. The visibility however, is really really impressive. You have excellent side mirrors and the A, B, and C pillars are just the right size. I do dislike the windshield wiper design, it is extremely distracting and it doesn't seem to clear the whole windshield leaving water to run down and reduce the visibility in harsh weather conditions. The interior was very impressive at the time but has been deteriorating overtime. The plastic has faded and left bazaar shapes on the dash. The leather on the steering wheel is clearly not real leather as it is starting to rip after just 52,000 miles. Then again, no vehicle should have a ripping steering wheel. The seats are very comfortable but do lack a little bit of thigh support. I personally use this vehicle to commute to work, and travel for my kid's sporting events and the kids have claimed that the backseat is very comfortable. I will say that I do enjoy the fact that the power lift gate has a handsfree feature where you just wave your foot under the rear bumper due to the fact that I am 6'4 and it is quite unpleasant to lean down and press the button. The fuel economy however has been pretty good and not far off from what the EPA estimates it at. Overall, I think you should go for something more practical and something more maneuverable if you are someone who often is parking in tight spaces or commuting into the city.

Being green is all you need!

by from West Chester, PA on May 14, 2017

It's so stylish and sooo quiet to drive. Lots of extras on the SEL, which I love. I saved money buying used and going to save even more by driving a hybrid. The money I will not be spending on gas I can use for me & my family.

Energy efficient

by from Belleview,Florida on May 3, 2017

Love the car and the mileage. Like the interior design of the car and the sunroof. I do not like the road noise which is coming from the tires. Don't seem to notice it as much on interstate driving , but do around town.

Ford cmax SEL HYBRID 2014

by from Ca. on March 2, 2017

I have had my SEL hybrid 2014 for 19 months and purchased preowned. It has lived up to 40 mpg. Fun to drive, smooth with great traction. Good leather interior and comfortable. Feel safe in it and great visibility. You'll love the blue tooth. Great value for the money.

Amazing Hybrid - Good performance and Practical

by from on October 17, 2016

Lots of zip, decent mpg (average about 45-46), and plenty of space. it also has a lot of electronics, leather, great sound system... just love it. Love my Prius, but this even more!

2014 Ford C-Max

by from Bronx, NY on July 13, 2016

We've had this cat for 2 years and it has been a wonderful experience. The car is fun to drive (yes, fun to drive), handles great, has enough umph, and gets great mileage. We are averaging 37 mpg (using the heater brings that down). On long trips we usually get in the high 40's. I'm not crazy about the exterior look but my wife loves it. The inside is very nice and comfortable.

HORRID!

by from Temperance, MI on February 1, 2016

Twice within 17,000 miles, the car has just died where I park it (the first time, in my garage, three weeks after I brought it home). The high-priced hybrid battery has been replaced both times. No fun to have to wonder if the thing will actually start. FoMoCo has been less than helpful.