2006 F-150

2006 Ford F-150

2006 Ford F-150

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford F-150?

must drive

by brysco from kenosha wi on Sun Dec 09 2018

great truck for towing rides great with load a little rigid when empty. would not own any other truck than a F150. Very dependable and safe. Would not exceed 70000 miles for first tune up.

It has been a solid truck.

by J68 from Florence, KY on Tue Dec 04 2018

I've owned the truck for 7 years. It has been a reliable vehicle the entire time give owned it. My only complaint would be gas mileage, around 12-13 mpg in town. I would not hesitate to buy another.

I love it and and would buy it again

by Poop nuggets from Battle Creek on Fri May 03 2019

Fabulous excellent towing vehicle would haul anything anywhere anytime never let me down a kept on plugging along great in rough terrain 4x4 was great

Uses car for Towing

awesome truck

by Ford fanatic from on Thu Aug 01 2013

ok this is my second f150 i have owned a 2006 with the 5.4. first off i am a mechanic by trade the spark plug problem they do have is a easy fix if a shop tells you 1000 dollars to do a tune up keep on driving to a new shop. very powerful and very reliable dont let the spark plug problem scare you from this truck some people just dont know about vehicles and get taken for a loop.

FX4 - Luxury Truck at its BEST!

by Sue from Stuart, FL on Tue Feb 21 2012

Bought 2006 FX4 new and drove it for over 5 years. Changed the oil when due, new wipers, and had Ford check it out once a year. The only thing I ever had to have done was a new battery (which was still working fine when I changed it after 5 years -- but being a woman I didn't want to ever worry about it just going so changed it early.) After driving all different makes - no other comes close to the Ford F150 - FX4 - it had the best pick-up, best comfort, best AC hands down!!! (Living in South Florida I put that to the test!)

Waste of Money

by Truck Enthusiast from SLC, UT on Thu Feb 25 2016

After previously owning the '09 F150 SuperCrew and crying the day I sold it, I was ecstatic to get the opportunity to own another. I loved my previous truck so I was taken by surprise at how many issues this truck has. Between the faulty spark plugs, the faulty air conditioning/heater, and the constant knocking (unable to be diagnosed to date), those aren't even the worst part. The whole engine is a fail on Ford. The misfire in cylinder 8 is un-reparable and a constant headache. I would avoid this model/year or any other that has the same engine. Save yourself the trouble.

Does not recommend this car!!

DONT BUY WITHOUT A WARRANTY or MECHANIC OPINION

by motoman from Florida on Fri Jul 25 2014

Bought this truck used at a decent deal, figured if it was cheap enough I would do some maintenance and a tune up on the 5.4L Triton motor. Everything from spark plugs, cam phasers, timing chain, tensioners, coils... all were bad. Injectors are also notorious for going bad and clogging the catalytic. Now theres a Rod Knock! as I fix one thing another goes bad. The 5.4l has been discontinued but if you have to have an 04-08 f150 your definitely taking a chance, don't let a nice looking truck lure you in. have the motor looked over by a mechanic, if it isn't running right either move on or consider a rebuilt motor other than repairing one thing at a time with expensive parts and hours of labor.

Does not recommend this car!!

Reliability is number one

by Truck Lover from Jackson, TN on Tue Dec 08 2009

I know I bought more truck than was needed, but being a single parent I needed unquestioned dependability. I purchased the vehicle brand new with 4 miles on it back in 2006. Snow, Rain, Tornados, my truck has never let me down. I highly recommend it for dependability. I know the exterior is a little on the square side, but that is ok. The bed of the truck has really come in handy. So far anything I have needed to move I have been able to do it in my trusty F150.

Will never sell this pickup!

by Loyal to F-150 from Gold Canyon, AZ on Sun Aug 02 2009

I have owned 2 F-150's - a 2000 and the 2006 I have right now. I absolutely love this truck - it's reliable, decent on gas (mine is a V6 and has excellent highway mileage for a truck), offers a super-smooth ride, and is stylish. It's also just small enough to be convenient and just large enough to not have to worry about obstacles on the road. It handles in most conditions, and is just a great vehicle. I will drive this pickup until it retires! I'm so happy with it.

Kevin from Sacramento CA. 2006 F-150 4x4 XLT

by Kevin from California from Sacramento, California on Thu Aug 10 2006

I bought my F-150 4x4 in fall of 05 and me and my wife love it. They gave me a screamin deal. I drive my truck hard and it begs for more. I go to the snow at least 10 times a year and with its 305/55/20 mud and snow tires in 2ft. of powder this truck is unstoppable . There is enough room to seat 4 grown adults comfortably. But as you know the gas mileage isn't that great, but who buys a truck to get good gas mileage.

Our Take on the 2006 Ford F-150

As a showcase for powertrain innovations, the 2006 F-150 Harley-Davidson breaks new ground with the availability of all-wheel-drive. That’s a first for any Ford pickup and another step in attracting active truckers in regions prone to inclement weather.

But the seventh edition of the alliance between Ford and Harley doesn’t push the styling envelope. The familiar deep black paint, large chrome wheels, orange graphics and leather/chrome interior trim returns. It’s a comfortable look and one that surely will appeal to Harley faithful. Maybe I’m getting a little jaded by the Harley-Davidson model, but finding aesthetic pleasure in another black-on-black truck is tough, especially when... Read More