2006 F-150

2006 Ford F-150

2006 Ford F-150

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford F-150?

Ford is fired

by Amanda from Houston on Mon Jul 30 2012

I have always owned Ford trucks and recently purchased a 2006 F-150 with 80k miles from a Ford dealership. Shortly after buying the truck, it started running horribly so I took it into the dealership (under warranty) where I was charged $250. for them to diagnose that I needed new spark plugs. They wanted to charge me $1100. just to change plugs!!! I took it to another shop to have the plugs changed becuase they quoted me $450. They broke off 2 plugs in the truck while changing them and it took them over a week to get them out. Ford of course wont pay for this even though it should've been recalled! The dealership conveniently forgot to mention this to me as well. It's apparently a very popular problem with this year truck. Also, when i got the truck, it was averaging 17mpg, and now it is at 12mpg even with new plugs. I have also had problems with the front end staying aligned no matter how many times they do an alignment and tell me everything looks fine. I definitely would NOT recomend this truck to a friend.

Poor Service

by Disappointed from on Fri Nov 09 2012

The service of this dealership is poor. I went to look at a vehicle that I saw on here. When I arrived at the dealership I had to find a sales person. First off the salesman made me feel as though I interrupted his time on his computer.There was nobody else there to look at vehicles. He said maybe two words during a test drive. Absolutely no help what so ever. I called back a week later to make an offer on the vehicle. No return call. The economy obviously hasn't effected them and they don't need the business.

Well thought out design

by Cargazer from Henderson, GA on Fri Mar 15 2013

This is the Supercab XL model with the puny 4.6. I boght a 1982 F150 new and had a 1992 XLT for 9 years. The 82(140k at sale) was the least reliable and worst designed of the three. The XLT(170k at sale) was a good design, comfortable, with a terrific engine and xmission. The 5.8 and A40D never gave a problem, though I fixed many other things on it. All power accessories were still working when I sold it. This XL is simpler than the XLT of course, but at 90k I haven't had to fix anything mechanical yet. No trouble codes, either. Biggest positive is the interior. Biggest negative is the reliable but underpowered 4.6.

great truck

by diesel from jacksonville,fl on Thu May 23 2013

bad spark plug design, body starting to rust....'...........................................................................

Uses car for Off-roading

The first truck I've personally owned

by PA from Midway, KY on Thu Aug 22 2019

This truck is perfect for me. Not only was within my budget but it had been cared for superbly by its previous owner which made it a great choice. There is a surprising amount of room, comfortably seats six people. Handles both off road and highways decently. Great around the farm yet still suitable for driving around town.

2006 King Ranch- one word - "luxury"

by airborne - all the way from Chandler, AZ on Wed Sep 07 2011

Beautiful, big, smooth, quiet, bought at a nice price, and hope to sell at a small profit. I need a minivan now. But in the meantime, this truck has been a real pleaure to drive. In the year I have owned it, absolutely no problems. Actually, it still even had the original battery at 5 years. Wow. At 47k, tires still look fair and probably have another 10-20k miles left on them. I guess I've been lucky. I carpool so the mpg hasn't hurt me.

Great Service!

by Bryan from on Wed Jul 02 2014

Really liked Joyce Thompson. Even though we didn't end up buying the truck we came to look at, my wife and I both ended up wishing we could have bought from Joyce. Super nice, not pushy and a joy to work with. Thank you Joyce.

Best truck I have ever owned.

by 77bst from Mammoth Lakes, Ca on Wed Oct 18 2006

By Far the most comfortable and luxurious truck on the market!! I recommend it to everyone!! You don't even feel like you are riding in a truck.

Great trailer hauler

by tkawhip from Des Moines, Iowa on Tue Aug 22 2006

I purchased a new F-150 Super Crew with the 6 1/2' bed 3 months ago. My family and I use it to pull a 29' travel trailer for camping and it works great for this. I've got the 5.4 liter and 373 rear end and with this combo I have more than enough power. In fact I plan to trade the trailer off for a modest 5th wheel trailer now that I have a 6 1/2' box so that I can tow a 5th wheel. My wife really enjoys the satellite radio too.

Had problem with engine

by Truck man from Ringgold Ga. on Wed Feb 02 2011

Bought the truck new, no problem until check engine light came on, took to dealer and was told the engine had a miss and needed a coil and a spark plug. Had that repair, they broke the plug while removing and some of it fell down into the piston area.The charge for that repair was $850.00, Two weeks later the check engine light came on again, took back to dealer, was told it had a miss, they replaced the coil again and installed another plug, broke it while removing. I was charged $442.00 for the repair. A week later the check engine light came on again. Had enough, Ford isn't interested in helping resolve the problem. Traded for a Chevy. I have owned my last Ford.

Our Take on the 2006 Ford F-150

As a showcase for powertrain innovations, the 2006 F-150 Harley-Davidson breaks new ground with the availability of all-wheel-drive. That’s a first for any Ford pickup and another step in attracting active truckers in regions prone to inclement weather.

But the seventh edition of the alliance between Ford and Harley doesn’t push the styling envelope. The familiar deep black paint, large chrome wheels, orange graphics and leather/chrome interior trim returns. It’s a comfortable look and one that surely will appeal to Harley faithful. Maybe I’m getting a little jaded by the Harley-Davidson model, but finding aesthetic pleasure in another black-on-black truck is tough, especially when... Read More