2008 F-150

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

This is a great truck

by Onetime skeptic from Lowcountry of South Carolina on September 30, 2009

After reading countless reviews about "which" truck to purchase, I settled upon a 2008 F-150 4.6L extended cab in XL trim that was being offered in an inventory clearance sale by my local Ford dealer. Having driven Chevys most of my life, I was a little skeptical at first. Not anymore. I use this truck for everything from daily commuting, family outings, hauling lumber/ATV's, driving offroad through mud, pulling boats, trailers--you name it I've tried it in every condition from blazing hot to black ice to blizzards. This truck rides great, brakes great, handles great, pulls great, even gets great mileage--17mpg combined driving and 19mpg on the highway. My wife and child never complain about comfort and legroom--on the contrary, they like to ride in it and we're all 6ft. or over. A 300-mile drive is extremely comfortable in this truck--it rides very quiet and the seating is excellent. My only complaint? I didn't buy one a couple of years ago instead of an Avalanche that lost 2 transmissions in 4 years.

Great truck!

by nickohos from Jasper, IN on August 31, 2017

I purchased my 2008 F150 with just under 100,000 miles. I was apprehensive at first due to the mileage, but it was very reliable. I put around 75,000 additional miles on it after I purchased it and the only major problem was a minor transmission issue. My F150 was equipped with the 5.4 FlexFuel Triton engine. I had the spark plugs replaced and had heard many people were having issues with the plugs becoming stuck. No problems with the FlexFuel though. This was a great truck and I would recommend it to anyone considering purchasing one.

Still best truck on the road

by Vette454 from Nevada on October 8, 2009

All the others aspire to be as good as the F-150. They have been copying Ford for years. I don't know why anyone would buy any of that foreign stuff. From the reports it looks like they are all falling apart after a few years.

Best Half Ton On The Market

by grumpyguy from Utah on September 17, 2012

I have a number of friends that own a number of makes of trucks, and to no surprise to me, a good majority of them are slowly being convinced that the Ford F-150 is the way to go. Granted, you can't compare a gas motor to a diesel motor when it comes to power, but the few times a year that I pull anything larger than a couple four-wheelers, the power of the 5.4 liter is more than adequate and a heck of a lot cheaper to maintain. I bought this truck new in July '08 and have not regretted it at all. In fact, my son keeps asking when I'm going to get a new one so he can buy it from me. That's not going to happen, but I would be proud to take him out shopping to find his own treasure in a new-to-him F150.

Won't be my last F-Truck

by Work hard and Play Harder from Hudson, Wi on October 8, 2008

I think the truck package is a great value. I compared GMC to Fords and could not get the same truck in a GMC. I went with a F-150 Lariat and have not looked back since. The handling is great and the feel of the truck is good. I enjoy driving my truck. And am planning on having a Ford truck the rest of my life.

great used truck

by yorciv from Eatonville, WA on April 16, 2018

I traded in an older truck, 1999 Ranger, for a newer more powerful truck. I purchased a 2008 F150 4x4 with a tow package, trailer breaks, and transmission cooler. Comparing the two is not necessary. The truck difference speaks for itself. The real pleasant surprise is the only owner keep it up. It was clean, runs well, and for a truck it gets ok fuel mileage.

Uses car for Towing

THE ONLY PICKUP

by HARD-DRIVER from IOWA on January 7, 2009

The most COMFORTABLE truck on the market. I have sat in Toyota and a Chevy and the seats are unbearable! This Truck for all it's power drives like a "Cadillac". Great interior design and plenty of power under the hood. Nice as a family vehicle on the highway or going across fields in 4 wheel drive to get that deer during hunting season I have recieved so many compliments on the looks and performance of this truck. Only problem that I found is the fan (heater) makes a little too much noise when on high.

Awesome Truck

by Creativeksl from Cleveland on December 12, 2011

Cars.com helped me sort through all the dealerships out there and narrow it down to the truck I wanted. The links to see the carfaxs and set up a test drive made it a one stop shopping experience. I test drove several trucks until I found the one I wanted and then ultimately purchased it.

awseome ride!

by montana slim from tuscon, AZ on February 1, 2008

incredible handling and looks. i love the power and reliability. just an outstandind AMERICAN vehicle

F-150

by F-150 from Kansas City, Kansas on February 16, 2008

The best pick-up on the road. Period. Wouldn't know what to do without one. Has best payload and best towing capacities. Now, who wants to argue with that. Ok it might not be the fastest but it is the best.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7