2012 Fusion

2012 Ford Fusion

2012 Ford Fusion

4.4

Have you driven the 2012 Ford Fusion?

Great car!

by Bubba from Tinley Park, IL on Mon Oct 24 2011

Just purchased a '12 SE, and cannot be happier. I'm 6'3" and there is ample space for me and my family. Was a little concerned moving from a full size car to a mid size, but it's deceiving just how roomy there interior is on this car....was also nervous about going from a V6 to 4cyl....but after driving for a few days, it's more than enough power, very quiet, and already enjoying the 25mpg's just driving in the city. Lot's of nice standard features and love interior lighting. Overall, this is a great mid sized family car for the money!

Awesome Car

by xr793 from Youngstown, OH on Thu Dec 29 2011

I bought my black Fusion SE back in September and already have over 7K miles on it. I drive it quite a bit. The best gas mileage I have gotten is 30.5 which is great compared to any other car I have bought. This car looks awesome when its clean, it also has a great ride and feels very well built. Ford did a great job with this car. The inside is very roomy and trunk is huge for the size of the car. If you want a good sized American car at a good price then this car is for you.

love my fusion in WI

by awesome fusion from Wisconsin on Tue Nov 13 2012

I love, love my car. I bought it brand new in April 2012 it has great gas mileage and looks fantastic inside and out. I couldn't ask for better car in Wi, I bought the SE and even though it doesnt have all the bells & whistles I am so totally pleased with this car. I took a 600 mile trip with it it did awesomely good :) I wanted Americn made and am not disappointed at all in any way Way to go Ford.....

Thankful!

by Single Mom from Norfolk, VA on Wed Nov 27 2013

I am a single mother of a very tall five year old. I needed something that was safe and my son could be comfortable in for long car trips. Two weeks after purchasing the vehicle I was rear ended very hard. My son was in the car with me. I can not tell you how well that car took the impact. Neither of us were injured and I thank the car for absorbing the impact. $7000.00+ damange and my son and I walked away fine. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who has a family and wants a safe reliable car.

Awesome Car with really great reliability!

by FordFan from Brighton, Michigan on Fri Mar 03 2017

No confusion with this fusion, Lol This car handles great, has great looks and is very reliable. At 97k miles and going strong! I've only replaced a battery and 1 set of tires at 70k miles. You'll feel comfortable in the seats even on longer trips. This SE model fitted with the 4 cylinder takes off the line fairly well and gets a lot livelier after 15-25 mph at full throttle. It is strongly suggested by Ford Service for all Ford vehicles to use the correct Motorcraft/Ford oil filter and it's specific oil to keep the engine in top shape and I couldn't agree more (I tested difference first hand). If your looking for a really great car, you'll find it in this Ford Fusion. Certainly the best car I've owned!

Great Car

by PAS from Williamsville, NY on Mon Jan 16 2012

I'm very happy with my new Ford Fusion! I didn't think I was ready to buy a new vehicle yet, but I wanted to start test driving to get an idea of what to buy when the time came. Although there were a handful of vehicles on my short list, the Fusion was the first and only car I test drove. I've owned it for almost two months now, and I'm confident it will be a great car. Gas mileage has exceeded expectations, it handles well, and it's very comfortable.

FIRST NEW CAR IN 50 YEARS

by OHIOHAM from Clermont County, Ohio on Sat Sep 10 2011

I've alays bought used cars. This is my first new car since my 61 VW. It is a real pleasure. The comfort of aa warranty without bying extra is reassuring, too. It is surprising all the features that are availble. The cost is reasonable, even though a new home back in the late 50s was cheaper that this car. Times (and prices) have really changed - and so has all the new features.

Very Substantial Car

by Lowell from Niagara Falls, NY on Thu Dec 22 2011

I originally planned to purchase a 2012 Ford Focus because I need a car that gets good gas mileage. I was skeptical of the quirky PowerShift automatic transmission and didn't like the radical "tuner" design of the 2012 Focus, so I test-drove the Fusion instead. I really needed another station wagon to replace my 2001 Mercury Sable, but alas, Ford no longer makes a practical, economical wagon. (I asked about importing a European spec Focus wagon, and the dealer laughed). The Escape has dismal gas mileage and a poor safety rating, so I bought the Fusion. I am very pleased with my choice. My only complaint is that a car with a trunk doesn't hold nearly as much as the "greenhouse" area of a wagon. However, I am enjoying a very comfortable, quiet ride and unexpectedly good gas mileage that matches our 2001 Ford Focus. The Fusion feels substantial and is easy to drive, although I won't be able to load it up at Home Depot like I did with the Sable wagon. Someday, station wagons just might return.

Great mid-sized car

by resonably priced car fan from Indianapolis, IN on Sat Sep 01 2012

This is a great car. We bought the S with a 6 speed manual so it feels a little sportier than the auto trans, but the engine is the same. It's smaller than the Honda Accord, but the handling makes it more fun to drive. It's roomy without feeling cavernous and has a surprisingly large trunk and back seat. It's comfortable for both my husband (6', 260lbs) and myself (5' 2", 130lbs) to drive. Absolutely no buyer's remorse here, just wish I could have found one in my price range with a sunroof!

12 SEL , Great Certified Car!

by Indy Car from Indy, IN on Thu Mar 14 2013

I purchased the Fusion SEL with 4 cylinder with 5800 miles on it and its Certified. Red Metallic Paint, Sport pack with 18 inch wheels and every option but navigation. Car gets 27 mpg in town and low 30s on highway. Handles well with a firm ride. Blind Spot indicators are OUTSTANDING. Back up camera and rear sensors are great. Sony Stereo is very nice with lots of base if desired. I have driven the car a couple of thousand miles and am very happy with purchase and 7 yr 100k drivetrain warranty is great as well. Saved $10k over buying a 2013 model with similar features. Great purchase, Very Happy!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18

Our Take on the 2012 Ford Fusion

Editor's note: This review was written in January 2009 about the 2010 Ford Fusion. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the three model years.

When it debuted in 2005, the Ford Fusion had the heavy task of replacing the once-dominating Taurus. It certainly found its niche in the segment, even if it fell short compared to competition from Honda and Toyota. The second-generation Fusion arrives this spring and, thanks to a number of significant changes and a few cosmetic ones, the 2010 version will be a major competitor in the midsize segment.

Forget the bold new grille — which is even bigger and... Read More