2006 Mustang

2006 Ford Mustang

2006 Ford Mustang

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford Mustang?

Best Classic American Muscle Car for the Money

by Pony Up from Raleigh, NC on Mon Apr 12 2010

This car is phenomenal !! Styling, handling, features, & performance are all superb. This car handles like it's on rails. Handles bumpy roads better than most other performance cars. Go ahead and test drive a Porsche or Corvette on less than perfect pavement and your teeth will be chattering, not a problem for the Mustang. Also, your wallet will be much lighter. After 4 years and 50,000 miles, not a single problem. This car is an absolute blast to drive. If you can splurge for the convertible - do it. ***This car will turn heads *** Trunk space is generous, back seats minimal, but ok ina squeeze. Holds 4 sets of golf clubs. Try that on a Porsche or Corvette.

Some Mustang Quirks

by luangtom from Atlanta, GA on Mon Sep 03 2012

I purchased this 2006 Mustang GT with 25,000-miles on it. It now has 72,000-miles. I drive it like I stole it. The car does have its quirks. One being its poor design around the windshield. Ford did fix it under warranty, but did have to make three visits to accomplish it. Seems they had a design and a production flaw with the A-pillar and grommet area under the cowling. It leaked rain terribly until it was fixed by Ford. The other quirk is its over-drive feature on the 5-speed automatic. One must bypass it if driving under freeway speeds or the transmission does not know if to up-shift or down-shift. I just bypass over-drive if not on the freeway. It does not take that much more gas. Otherwise, it is a good car for the money. These two flaws are fixable, so I would recommend this car to anyone. Well,I still drive it like I stole it.

Awesome, Reliable, Fun !!

by Fast Stang ! from Asheville, NC on Fri Oct 01 2010

Bought this car new in 2006. Not a single mechanical problem with this car. The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. It has been nothing short of breathtaking to drive. Pure pleasure on twisty roads. Has a nice low rumble and plenty of power. Handling is smooth and controlled, the wide Pirellis do a great job of gripping the road. Handled like a BMW in the mountains. This car will turn heads. Ford did a great job with this 60's retro look. You will NOT be disappointed. Time to trade it for a Shelby version !!

Awesome awesome car!

by Silver06Pony from Michigan on Sat Jan 09 2010

I bought my 2006 ford mustang v6 with the pony package a few months ago from a used car lot. I've always loved the old 60's fastbacks so when this model came out in '05 I couldn't believe how similar it looked to it's early predecessors. Ford did an amazing job creating the modern classic, really couldn't have done any better in my opinion. The car is very comfortable, has good power for a v-6 and the fuel economy is great! I average between 25-28 highway which is incredible for a large v-6. Obviously it doesn't have much of a backseat but it's a sports car... so you really cannot expect any differently. Overall I am very happy with the car and have no complaints whatsoever!!

06 stang gt

by u know from ohio on Wed Jan 05 2011

This is my second mustang traded in my 98 for it have had it for a few years now purchased with 20000 miles on it. It gets decent gas mileage on the highway I have gotten up to 27mpg, the car has a few mods which it has responded well to I recomend getting an exhaust it really sounds great with the v8 and adds horses, accleration is great the ride is a little rough you can feel the smallest cracks and bumps, the interior is also a little cheap feeling like most fords which causes more road noise, I currently have 45000 miles on it and haven't had and problems with it other than a small electrical problem, the car isn't to good in snow or rain and you should watch how hard you aplly the gas, car has a nice stock audio system in it this car is a good buy for the money if ur looking just for performance.

My newest toy.

by Denny from Fort Wayne, IN on Mon Jul 02 2012

It`s a used Mustang GT convertible, whats not to like. It was in show room condition, low mileage at a price that didn`t break the bank. It`s my summer car. I have an suv for the winter. It`s no econo box, it`s a Mustang GT. I love it.

2006 Mustang GT 5 Speed

by foursixmustang from VA on Tue Jan 20 2015

I've owned my 06 mustang gt for about a year now. Has 72k miles. It's a solid, fun to drive car, and I average 18mpg daily driving. I do have a few problems: the smart junction box has failed internally and caused the alarm and remote keyless entry to not work. Also, the speedometer doesn't work when its cold outside (bad stepper motors inside of the instrument cluster), I've also had the notorious dash rattle near the a-pillars from the worn felt tape. Had a water pump leak and seized e-brake cables. Maybe the first owner neglected it. Overall its a fun car to own and drive.

Great car for the price

by Mustanger from Indianapolis on Wed Apr 20 2011

So far this is my favorite car out of my last 4 (98 Camaro Convertible V6, 05 GTO, and 96 Corvette) I have the 06 convertible GT and I love it. It has great options including the aftermarket AUX input which I use all the time. Power is pretty good, pretty similar to my GTO and Corvette. It rides really nice on the highway and smooth city streets, rough roads can be a little jarring as with most sports cars. 5 speed manual transmission is fun to drive. Convertible top is great. Exhaust sounds really good. Overall I'm pretty impressed and plan to have the car for a long time.

Fun, Fun Car

by Jaimee from Plymouth, IN on Wed Nov 19 2008

My dad originally bought this car for himself as a "toy" car, but a year later gave it to me. I have an 06 GT and LOVE IT. The only complaint that I have is the impractical back seat.. Don't plan on hauling average-sized adults around comfortably, there is minimal leg room. Other than that, it's great. I love the get-up-and-go factor. I have no worries passing cars, if you know what I mean :). The stock sound system is awesome, with a convenient power outlet for my ipod. I find there is plenty of trunk space, also. I've never calculated my gas mileage, but I've never had to worry about it either. A full tank lasts me long enough, so I don't worry. I have only taken it to the shop once, because a critter chewed a wire from underneath. Due to weather I'm looking for an alternative winter vehicle.. The Stang isn't going to cut it for a Midwest winter. If you're looking for a quick, fun car with that's eye-catching inside and out, go for the Stang.

Fast, fun and surprisingly reliable.

by 1MEANGT from MD/PA on Fri Aug 03 2012

I bought my 06 Stang GT almost exactly one year ago, to the day of this review. She's a 06 GT premium 5 spd and let me tell you, I couldn't be happier, so far. She's fast, fun and surprisingly reliable. She turns heads and hangs with cars that far exceed her cost. So, yea, like I was saying, she sure is fast and fun. When I bought here, she was stock except for some Flowmaster Axle back American Thunders. Now, she was plenty capable, stock, but almost as soon as I took delivery, I added a CAI and a email tune and she became a whole another beast. I then proceeded to add LT headers, a high flow catted X-pipe, muffler deletes, CMCP delete plates, underdrive pulleys, 4.10 gears, a short shifter, a dyno tune and lots of cosmetic goodies over the course of the past year and let me tell you, there's not a day that goes by, that she doesn't put a smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby... Here's what I really came here to say, though. She has been an absolute tank. Like I said earlier, I've had her for a year and have already put 20k on her, as she's my one and only and she has held up admirably. No... You know what? Using the word admirably doesn't do her, or her makers justice. She's lived up to the old adage; built Ford tough and then some. How many cars do you know of that can be a reliable daily driver AND lay down 12s at the track for this price? The only thing that has gone wrong during this first year/20k miles, was her TPS sensor. 50 bucks and 20 minutes of my time were the bottom line, there. No matter what I throw at her, work or play, she never complains. Daily commutes, playing around on the streets and even time at the drag strip have never cost me more than some preventive maintenance, some fuel, well lots of fuel but what did you expect? and some new tires. I will be changing her original cooling and heating hoses, as well as putting in some new spark plugs very soon, but all of that was to be expected. Better to be proactive as she ages. Buy with confidence, folks. But as always, do your research on each specific car before you buy. But hey, if you'll excuse me. I think I'll go for a drive.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Our Take on the 2006 Ford Mustang

If you think the newest generation of the Ford Mustang coupe is great, you've gotta love the convertible.

Two models are offered - the V-6, with a base price of $24,660, and the V-8 powered GT, starting at $30,685 (both prices include freight).

Granted, the convertibles are a bit pricier than the coupes, which start under $20,000. But for those who can afford the extra dough, the ragtops are well worth the money. The most expensive version is the GT Premium model, which we tested.

It comes with a base price of $31,840. With a few extras tacked on, our 2006 model's list price totaled $35,415, which arguably is a lot to pay for a Mustang.

Certainly there are luxury cars you can buy for that kind of... Read More