2014 GMC Sierra 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2014 Sierra 1500 GMC
Explore the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500
Shop the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500

It's an awesome truck!

We love the truck for where we live and the activities we do. We have animals and need a good reliable truck for all of our uses.

Newest vehicle I own

This truck meets all of my needs. Has 4wd. Comfortable to drive. Comfortable to ride. Has hands free bluetooth. I like the heavy duty tow package...not that I will need it.

Great truck

This truck is super comfortable to drive and has all the utility of a pickup. No compromise. I like everything about it except the following 3 things: 1) The projector headlights are great for seeing straight ahead but on twisty dark roads they don’t light up the curves very well at all! Maybe a light bar would fill in the edges. If you are going to do a lot of night driving on twisty dark roads this is probably not a good truck. 2) The radio was updated the following year to have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto which has much better on screen navigation than OnStar (and save the $35/month) 3) The low profile tires and wheels need a little extra attention when parking as they are easily scraped up. I don’t find those 3 things to be deal breakers so I would recommend the truck.

Great Reliable Truck.

This has been a great truck with plenty of space for the family. Never had a major issue and its 6+ years old. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

2.3

This is the last GM product ever in my family!!

This truck looks good out side but is cheaply made and engineered by morons. The center console so excessive and unnecessary. I got the crew cab but GM forgot to put A/C, heater vents for rear passengers. So far I have been through three transmissions and torque converters. The shifting is so ridiculous that I cant even drive it. A/C went out and I paid to have everything replaced 2300$, Radiator, water pump, third brake light leaked and ruined my headliner. Sometimes the Power steering goes out for no reason leaving you stuck until you restart the vehicle. AFM is the worst, always going into AFM, you turn a corner, you let off the gas it downshifts and goes into AFM and it acts like an engine brake. I literally have to put it in neutral when going down hills cause you let off the gas it starts engine braking. Now it is full of rust, rockers, frame, inside the doors below the latches, 5 year old truck. I hate this truck with every inch and it sits here reminding me the mistake I made trusting an American auto company. NEVER AGAIN!!!

This truck is very stylish for my 17 year old son

I like it a lot the style comfort and smooth ride is great for my son this truck is a real eye catcher my son wants to keep this truck for a while

Great truck

This truck had low mileage when I purchased it over a year ago. It had all the bells and whistles I wanted. Got a certified, and extended warranty. Have enjoyed this truck!

3.9

Transmission out just after the warranty.

Pretty nice truck overall. But I'm going to try a RAM next because even though I've babied this Sierra, the transmission has just gone out at only 113,000 miles. I had the transmission rebuilt at a highly rated local transmission specialty shop because the local GM dealer couldn't get to it in time and GM said since it wasn't rebuilt at a GM shop, they wouldn't pony up anything to offset my cost. As I looked on line, I realize that this has been a common problem with this particular transmission.

3.1

too many miles too many problems in the first week

A teenagers dream until the dash lights come on and rides like a washboard. How embarrassing! Parents nightmare along with a payment for problems! Buyer beware the dealer doesn't want to make repairs and bought the warranty.

Very nice pick up truck

Met all of my needs. Good leg Room. Towing capacity. Plenty of interior space. Very good value for the dollar . Would definitely recommend this vehicle.