2016 GMC Sierra 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Sierra 1500 GMC
Explore the 2016 GMC Sierra 1500
Shop the 2016 GMC Sierra 1500

Love this truck

Overall this truck is fantastic and very comfortable. The only thing I don't like is the 6 speed transmission, but you can't get away from that anymore in any truck. The reasoning I'm sure is to get better mileage, but it only really helps on the highway. In town they just seem to shift up too fast so if you need to get on it, there is a bit of delay and it feels cumbersome. Some have 8 or more gears now and I can't even imagine how they respond. I'd prefer to suffer the mileage on the highway to go back or a 4 speed transmission. I love the step in the bumper to get in the back as well as the lighting in the truck bed. Really everything else on this truck is beautiful.

i love big truck

this truck and other was the first truck i own i had a ford truck but the gmc is the best one i own so for.

4.3

Best truck I ever owned very reliable and good MPG

This was a tow vehicle for me. Living in NEPA lots of mountains and two lane roads. Never let me down good power and good brakes. Felt very stable when towing my boatbor travel trailer. Also very good MPG with 5.3

Best vehicle we have owned

Our GMC Sierra was purchased new. SLT with All Terrain package. 30000 miles and no problems. Super quiet interior and rides better than any car we have owned.

Best Value Vehicle

The 2016 model year is the best model year, with modern but aggressive design and all the tech you need, without the expensive and unnecessary options of the 2019 models. I've driven mine for 40k miles without the slightest issue. IMPORTANT: I would highly recommend the cloth seats, as they are more comfortable and heat faster than the leather option (not to mention they're cheaper)

to early to tell

meet the requirement what i was looking for, plenty leg room and comfort with the v8 power ,,had the low miles also, which made it a nice buy

First GMC

The craftsmanship of GMC is very good. Lots of head room. This is my first GMC and so far has been a pleasure to drive. Handles good for a large vehicle. I have had lots of compliments on the color "Stone Blue Metallic". Their CPO warranty is very good and an indication they have built a quality vehicle. There are a couple of items that GMC should address that would make this truck even better. First, storage under the rear seat. Second, the icons on the info center look like stickers. Need to dress them up. Now I will see after a coulpe years if I am satisfied enough to purchase another one.

I love my truck!!!!

This truck met all my needs and wants. It?s amazing and looks great. I have owned it for 2 years now. My only is complaint is the lack of AC vents for the rear passengers. Other than that it?s been perfect for me.

Amazing truck!!!!!!

Overall best truck I have ever owned. Drives like a cadillac and tows my boat amazingly. I have utilized the 4x4 multiple times with flawless outcomes.

so far exceeds expectations

I have had other pickups, this one by far the best, handles beautifully,quite comfortable, so far reliable, Denali package offers everything you could think of