1999 Honda Accord consumer reviews

Explore the 1999 Accord Honda
Shop the 1999 Accord Honda
3.4

reliable---up keep--ouch

The honda line basicly are very good cars if maint is kept up.try to find an independent mech. Dealers are money holes on labor

4.3

Great car to be 13 years old

I just bought a 1999 Honda Accord EX, just thinking to keep it for a short time until I can get something newer. But it has been a very good buy so far. Granted, the previous owner took very good care of it. But I have had to make very few repairs and the gas mileage is pretty good, I can drive 150 miles from Atlanta, GA to my hometown and use only about a quarter of a tank. I would still like to have a hatchback or something that will hold large loads(I had a Toyota Matrix previously, it was one expensive fix after another), but I am much happier with this car than I expected! It's a keeper.

VERY NICE CAR AND DEPENDABLE!

I BROUGHT MY 2001 WITH 124,000 MILES ON IT A YEAR AGO FOR $5,500 FULLY LOADED EVERYTHING WORKS LIKE A BRAND NEW CAR BUT IT RUNS LIKE A TOP. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BIG FAMILY, FOR THE MONEY THIS IS THE BEST CAR ON THE ROAD. DROVE FROM CHICAGO TO SEATTLE, VERY NICE RIDE !!!

This is a reliable and cost effect

Honda is a very reliable car with low cost to maintenance. Parts are not too expensive. Very roomy and great for family

accord lx 5 speed

this is a very solid car with good mpg on the gas. it is a 5 speed which gives it a little more in the way of mpg. it has only 80k miles on it and runs like new. i would buy another one without any problem. found it on cars.com. i recommend buying from a reputable dealer and letting them handle the shipping if you need that as it can be a pain.

Very good car

This car is maybe not the most stylish, but they run great and are very reliable up to 200,000 miles.

most reliable fast sport car i've owned

beautiful sports car and good price.the most Reliable fast sport car i love it my car is the same years tihs car. the EX model i love it .

Most Reliable Car Ever

This car drives fabulously in all weather conditions. It is reliable and comfortable. Fits 5 people comfortably.

2.4

Let me down

I bought this car with about 90,000 miles on it. Not long after that, the transmission started acting up. I found of from a friend who had also had a '99 accord that his transmission went out too. After some research and talking to a few mechanics, they informed me that Honda tried to make a transmission that would fit in both the Accord and the Odyssey. I guess that plan failed. There is an abnormally high number of people who have had transmission problems with this era Accord. It's disappointing from a company who's built a name and reputaton building drive-lines. Don't buy an Accord between 1998-2002.

Love it!

Bought my car used with 78k miles on it. Have had it now for almost 4 years. Only 1 $90.00 repair which was the main relay and I havent had any other problems!! Love this car!! Very reliable and smooth!!