1999 Honda Accord consumer reviews

Explore the 1999 Honda Accord
Shop the 1999 Honda Accord
3.6

Transmission issues

Automatic Transmission broke down at 84000 miles, alternator at 78000 miles. Even with lots of TLC. The first car i ever own that transmission breaks down.

3.4

Oh No, Honda!

I thought this was the best car I ever owned for the first 6 years I drive it but at that point, things started happening. It needed a new alternator, then it needed yet another set of brakes, then at 90,000 miles the AT went kaboom. I've never had to replace an automatic transmission in any car, ever. So, I became a bit disenchanted with my green machine. I took care of it with regular TLC, why did it let me down?

4.3

best car I've owned

Reliability is number one for me, and this car has not let me down. Got to 108000 miles before my 1st repair. Everything before that was maintenance and normal wear/tear. My car is a 4 cylinder, mainly used for commuting to work. Great for gas milage, and very good handling. Engine performance is lacking, but its plenty good for backroads driving. Highly recommended.

Most reliable car I have ever owned

Amazing in every way. Over 130,000 miles now and have only done scheduled maintenance. Always starts, runs great and gets 34 mpg on hwy. Not a single problem in almost 10 years. What more can I say.

A reliable car

I bought a 2008 Hyundai Sonata that had very little foot room to operate the brake with a left foot accelerator as I'm disabled. I'm now driving the family 1999 Honda Accord LX that gives me more room for the corrective device and all it needed so far was a Timing Belt.

4.1

Great, dependable car

At 193,000 miles this car has costed me nothing in repair yet. Just regular oil changes, brakes and tires. I highly recommend this car.

honda is for life

i am so in love with my 1999 honda accord ex. For the year that i have owned it has been Most Reliable Car I've Owned. With 126,000 miles on it. runs and drives like new! This car feels so safe and drives great in the snow.I am planing to have the car a long time. i whish honda still made the wagen

4.3

Honda accord coupe is the BORG of all cars

Super reliable, although I only have 78k on my ex coupe I bought my 99 accord in 2002 and I had not experience even one non routine problem. Unbelievable! How in the world they made such a car! Only complaints are the performance is so so, I made the mistake of changing tires to a 009 potenza. I should have stick to the orig manufacture tires (that would be a bridgestone turanza). How stupid of me not using the same manf. tire, years of tire research down the drain. Any ways the performance is worst, but not the cars fault. I'm itching to buy a new cars cuz im bored, but whats holding me back is that I do not want to deal with a car that need non-routine repairs. So im keeping this one & probably just buy a 2nd car to scratch my itch.

***i love this car, it has been very good to me

i have had my honda accord for four years and it still runs like new. i have had noo problems with it and it gets great gas mileage. the cars features seem to be ahead of other cars from the same year. in my oppinion if you need something reliable buy a honda accord.

Best car I have ever owned

I have 313, 000+ miles on my Accord and still am running the original clutch, muffler and tailpipe. I bought it with 26,000 miles on it. The only non-routine maintenance item replaced was the right rear wheel bearing. Gas mileage is fabulous with the 5 speed. It still uses almost no oil and has great compression. I am expecting to get at least 500,000 miles before a rebuild.