2008 Accord

2008 Honda Accord

2008 Honda Accord

4.3

Have You Driven the 2008 Honda Accord?

trustfull maker

by Petra from nothern NJ on Mon Apr 16 2012

just perfect overall. I am using this Accord for 4 years now and so far haven't see any disadvantages or fails. Reccomend the brand

Not happy

by Alpha from Hamden, CT on Tue Oct 28 2008

I purchased my 2008 Accord EX-L with Navi in October 2007. Well, where shall I start. First and foremost, I have already had to replace the rear brakes (at 23k miles). The dealers says its a wear item (even though the fronts were perfect!). So much for customer retention. Next my heat doesn't work properly as, the AC compressor turns on when the heat should be blowing. Dealer cant seem to find the problem. Navi needs to be updated, dealer never informed my that I need to update it annually to the tune of aprox $190.00. Meanwhile, my friends who brough removable after market Navis at Best Buy can update their's for FREE by downloading updates off of their computor. Have owned 3 Hondas and 1 Acura over the past 18 years. My current Honda is THE WORST!!

Never Again

by Bowler47 from Garner North Carolina on Mon Feb 01 2010

I got the 4 cylinder without leather. I went to the dealer for a oil change and was told that I needed to have my brakes changed with less then 18,000 miles. I was shocked to hear the new much as I paid for the car. I think that honda should let people know about the brake problem when they buy the cars. I am on my 4th Honda but would think twice before buying another Honda and now that I have read other people reviews about the breaks now is the time to get rid of it before it cost me a arm and a leg.

2008 Honda Accord EX

by Owner of 6th Honda from Scranton, PA on Wed Mar 30 2016

Oil burning a little problem (95,000 miles). Still drives like new! One of the best used cars I've owned.

dont buy this car

by cheryljust from Rock Spring ga on Fri Aug 28 2009

I have the 2008 Accord and it now has 40000 miles on it and is on it's 3rd set of back brakes. The Honda Corp will not admit there is a problem but this is so not normal. Thinks twice and read about the complaints on the internet before you buy.

Impressive gas mileage!

by ThisFrenchDude from Charleston, SC on Sat Jan 19 2019

I needed a car that would be able able to handle last minute trips to my rugby games anywhere in eastern US from GA to MO and would be able to carry at least five adults and their gears. My budget was fairly limited but the car could not let us stranded anywhere as we would often travel the day before and come back the day after the games to avoid taking too many days off. I restricted my options to a Camry or an Accord based on reviews but chose to go for an Accord manual as the car was a lot more responsive and the handling was sportier. Mine was a 2008 2.4L LX 5 speed manual with 80k miles. While the car was fairly basic and the cabin had nothing to be really excited about, everything worked and the manual transmission made it fun to drive. The car was light and even if the engine had no turbo, the car could move fast and was very stable and comfortable. Most importantly the gas mileage was impressive during trips. In two years and roughly 40k miles that I kept this car, I just changed the oil, refilled the tank, put people in it and drove everywhere. Another good point with this car is that parts are cheap, and you can easily find tutorials to do most of the repairs on your own. Defnitely a car that I recommend!

Really solid car, great features, good power

by Objective Reviewer from Chicago, IL on Wed May 23 2012

This is my second Accord, first was 2001 6cyl driven to 160k miles without a single mechanical problem (bought new). Wanted something newer so bought used 08 EX-V6 with 30k miles, have put an additional 15k on it since purchase and again no problems. More power and better mileage than my 01. No issues with brakes... yet. Bucket seats aren't super plush, but still quite comfortable (sportier feeling) Cylinder management system is great for gas mileage, especially when cruising, but when combined with the traction control detracts from the "fun" potential. I usually just turn the traction control off, which allows for impressive launches. Engine noise is prevalent, but the V6 sounds pleasantly "throaty", much improved over my 2001. The instrument panel could use some improvement. The buttons are mostly all same size and shape... takes some getting used to. Family members own same class import sedans from 2 other leading Japanese manufacturers, and Accord is easily the most attractive, and overall fit and finish is also clearly best.

Awesome Accord !!!!

by Siraj from West Springfield,MA on Tue Feb 22 2011

I bought used Honda Accord 2008 and it is awesome. I havent faced any problem so far.It is spacious...comfortable....reliable..esp. during the winter storm it didnt let me down....I learnt driving here in USA and I am driving for just 3 month....for me I feel as it Accord drives me.....and not me....The style is good.Music system is mind blowing...and on top of that it has a good mileage indeed.......In short Honda Accord is awesome I say.............

2008 Honda Accord EX-L

by Lebo Falcon from Texas on Mon Jan 19 2015

I have had the car for over a year now and it has been okay. I have the 4 cylinder and the performance and handling are good. The leather seats are very uncomfortable and makes by back sore over short periods of time driving. It sounds like a hollow tin can. I have had to put in sound insulation in the front doors and the trunk needs it as well. Lots of rattles as well. It is a good value but you will probably need to put some more money in it to make it quieter.

My last Honda

by Likes Comfot from Doylestown, PA on Tue Aug 03 2010

Bought new in October 2007. Very quick and well handling car. Went through first set of rear brakes at 16k. Needed torque converter at 36k. Now on 3rd set of key fobs. Three tries at dealer to get rattle in back shelf fixed I am 5' 9" and 210 lbs and the front seats are painfull after 50 or 60 miles.Warranty is now up and I am holding my breath for next issue. First and last Honda for me.

Our Take on the 2008 Honda Accord

As the second-best-selling car in the U.S., Honda’s Accord promises to be one of the most significant introductions of the 2008 model year. In typical Honda style, the automaker is letting the product do the talking, foregoing a formal auto show introduction before the Accord hits dealerships in September. Honda’s best-selling model gets an extensive redesign that includes all-new styling inside and out, a spacious rear seat for the sedan, more standard safety features and more-powerful engines, including an optional V-6 with advanced fuel-saving technology.

The finished product is a sport-oriented car that is better than its predecessor — a model that was already near the top of... Read More