2012 Honda Civic consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Civic Honda
Explore the 2012 Honda Civic
Shop the 2012 Honda Civic
3.9

Most reliable car I've own.

I've traveled a lot with this car. I got it in 2017 for 5,000$. Was already up to 240K, I changed oil as recommanded and I did the breaks last summer but thats it. It never broke down, never any issue with this car. Today I'm almost up to 315K and its still rolling pretty smooth. No mechanical problem, still very cheap when it comes to gas. about 7,2L/100km in town and dropped to 6,3L/100km on the road.

Most Reliable Car I have owned

This car has met all my needs. It has plenty of legroom front and back, the ride is great compared to other cars. It has brand new mats.

3.6

I mean its a civic it will never die

Not the car you dream of but much more practical and most likely what you deserve. So hey why not get one for yourself today

Excellent ride, safe, economic and Reliable

best car I ever owned. Excellent ride, safe, economic and Reliable. Best car for teens, first time owners, mothers or anyone who commutes long milage.

The most reliable civic made in 30 years

I bought this car brand new in oct of 2011 a 2012 Honda Civic Ex-L. I live roughly 60 miles from work soo i put usually over 120 miles a day 5 days a week, some on the weekend, and also a few weekend out of state relaxation trips. I live in central PA soo i got all seasons driving. Winter tires in the winter all season the rest of the year. I followed the maintaince guide in the owners manual to a t and never had a major engine or transmission problem. ( IE nothing over 500 to 1k dollars in fixes on the engine or transmission for the whole time i owned and still dont think it has had one from memory which is good) 280k miles when i gave it to my niece for a car for her to learn to drive in. Got a 2018 Honda Civic upgrade (Bad descion got a 2018 Honda Civix EX-L brand new with turbo charged 4 cyl. Had nothing but problems with it. I traded it in on a 2012 Honda Civic Ex-L with 24k miles. Been driving over a year doing maintaince as needed shown in owners manual in car put 35k miles on it in the last year no problems. I would tell anyone i knew, you want a great car thats reliable and runs forever with the bare minimum problems(bearings, bushings way past there fail rate, and just normal maintaince like tire rotations, and oil changes and replacing filters all info when to do in owners manual followed like you should and learn things along the way) thats if you want a low maintaince, no major problems, just a car thats comfortable good on gas and runs the wheels off before a problem the 2012 Civic is worth the time finding, they dont make them like this anymore. I just talked to my niece my orginal 2012 Civic Ex-L 310k miles no major breakdowns. Gotta love the runners enjoy

Nicest and best car I've owned so far.

I have a lot of cool gadgets I get to play with and also a nice smooth ride. The car quality was like a new car. The fact that it was so cheap and so nice made me want the car even more.

perfect second car!

this is the second car i’ve ever owned & third that i’ve had. by far the most reliable car out of the 3. it met all of my needs. good on gas, honda, the charging port charges my phone WHILE my phone plays music in my car. that’s a feature even some newer cars don’t even have which is amazing. nice & quiet & smooth when driving anywhere, low gas mileage. this car is perfect for me & i plan on keeping it for awhile.

Extremely reliable

My car is reliable and saves me gas money, I always recommend this year and model of Honda to my friends who are looking. Drives decently in the snow as any 2 wheel drive, I’ve never got stuck in the snow, could be I got lucky, but put the civic in 1st gear and let it crawl out of the snow, no problem. I have not had any issues with the car engine to electronics, alway there and ready!

Most Reliable Car I have Owned

Reliable! Never broke down except for a dead battery! Did basic preventive maintenance and car performed like a dream! Looking forward to purchasing a new one!

Enjoying my new (used) car

I'm pretty happy with the quality of car, the drivers window goes up and jolts the car door at times, and it's a smaller car then I'm use too, but overall im pretty happy with my New Honda Civic