2009 Honda Fit

Cute car, great mileage, and it really scoots!

by from Florissant,MO on September 18, 2017

The 09 Honda Fit with 5 speed manual is very nice, way better than the 5 speed constant shift automatic! It has very nice power and really scoots along while delivering 42-43 mpg!
Not Rated Reliability

Reliable and great for the price.

by on August 15, 2017

I love my little Honda Fit. The fold down seats are awesome for storing camping equipment or having room for a small piece of furniture. I love how everything handles on the vehicle and I haven't had any huge issues with it thus far. All my issues are minor - the driver seat is an uncomfortable position for my size (I'm 5'9") but perfect for my husband's size (he's 6'3"). I fix this by folding up a blanket and putting it behind my back. The vehicle is a bit bumpy and loud but you honestly get used to it. The amount of room in the back seat is fine when you have passengers but with a car seat for our infant, we weren't able to both sit up front since the passenger seat had to sit so far forward. This will obviously be fixed when our kid can front face. These issues are annoying but easy to fix and this is the least annoying vehicle I've owned! Though that doesn't say much since a lot of my vehicles were Saturns! :-/

Good and Bad

by from Flagstaff, AZ on July 13, 2017

Bought this car because I needed something that was good on mpg and could fit stuff. Found just that in this 2009 Fit. Car averages 31.5 mpg combined. Spot-on name for the car--I can fit a ton on a daily basis! Fold flat seats, magic seat make carting around product (for work) a breeze. However, the car won't win any races...it's about as gutless as you can get. 131 hp and the thing REALLY struggles on an incline, passing or jumping into action on the few times I need to floor it. Handling however, reacts well and the car is a fun city-driver, if you give it time to get to speed. Interior is basic cheap: seats are hard cushion, dash is hard plastic, A/C is awful. If I lived anywhere where it was hot/humid most of the year, I would die. The A/C loses its crisp, cold air about a half hour into any trip. Checked with multiple auto shops and its not just my car--apparently the front end is too small to compensate for the sun beaming down on the body and therefore the unit cripples under the heat. One of the few interior pluses though is the plethora of cup holders and storage compartments. Also parts are hard to come by as the tires, battery, etc. all run a size smaller than average (partially due to the small front end) and many stores won't carry the sizes. Given another chance, although there are some things I enjoy about the car, I wouldn't buy it again. Too many issues. Need something with more than 6" of ground clearance for one, given how much it snows in Flagstaff. Reliability has been average, now going on 4th year owning the car. Nothing to write home about, but hasn't broken the bank either.

I loved my Litle Utility Vehicle - the Fit.

by from ORLANDO FL on June 24, 2017

This was simply an adorable and efficient car. Even years later other drivers at red lights would look at it and smile. Lots of room inside. It does have a door lock squeak that I could never fix. I traded up for another Honda and got a great trade in on the Fit. Perfect first car for a teen.

Great interior space for big people

by from Burnsville, MN on June 16, 2017

I am 6'2'' and my dad is 6'4'' and the Fit has plenty of space in all 5 seating positions. The magic seats are great, can Fit (haha) anything in there big or small. the fit is a great fit for you.

Replacing a Civic with a Fit

by from Florissant,MO on June 15, 2017

Love the spunk of that 1.5 motor and low 40's mpg! I looked at buying an 07 Fit new but could never get my hands on a stick model 10 years ago and I hated that dreadful 5 speed automatic! I test drove a new Fit 2 years ago but instead, I fell in love with a 2016 HR-V EX with the 6 speed manual! After I wrecked our backup vehicle, a 2003 Civic with 189,000 miles, I found this 09 Fit with 110,000 on it with a 5 speed manual! Oil changes are easy, and its' turning radius is tight. I hope to keep this car for a long time and this car will accomplish that.

2009 Honda Fit

by from Lincoln, NE on March 7, 2017

The Fit is everything its commercials say it is. Versatile and comfortable enough for a small car. Its engine and gearing are just good enough for a windless day on flat road. Any resistance, and its mileage drops. It also has a weird glitch in its mileage calculation to consistently register 3 MPG above what it's doing. Luggage and weight in back significantly reduces road noise and improves the ride. Any road wear strips away the paint to a black base underneath. Coming up on 100k, and it's been mechanically sound.

Bough a used fit; so far, so good.

by from Washington, DC on December 26, 2016

Small, easy to park in the city, good gas mileage. Able to fit two dogs in back easily. So far, so good.

Dont buy the first model year of a vehicle

by from houston, tx on February 21, 2014

I bought a 2009 Honda fit brand new. I now have 135000 miles on the car and since I've owned the car it has been nothing but trouble. At about 60000 miles my right rear wheel bearing went out. At about 75000 miles the ABS control module "ABS computer" went out which is a 1400 dollar part. The braking system is pretty terrible, I think its too small for the car. The rotors heat up really bad and get warped really easy. I even tried putting ventilated rotors but that didn't help, I certainly hope the next generation has four wheel discs unlike the current models. Another thing is the interior material is very cheap and all the plastic panels squeak, vibrate and moan if your not on a brand new completely smooth road which really gets on my nerves. The seat fabric looked worn after only about 2 years of use. The only good things I can say is that the car gets better MPG's than the EPA estimates, I average about 28-30 city and 36-40 hwy. The car also handles pretty well. Good luck!

small car big persona

by from Plano, TX on August 9, 2013

Love Honda and impressive for its size, this car has great looks and inside is comfortable for 4 adults.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Honda Fit