2010 Hyundai Accent consumer reviews

$9,970 starting MSRP
side view of 2010 Accent Hyundai
Explore the 2010 Hyundai Accent
Shop the 2010 Hyundai Accent

Very reliable cute little car

This is an excellent daily commute car. Good on gas. Easy to drive on local roads. Easy handling. Good pickup.

4.3

Most reliable car I've ever owned!

This car is super reliable. From pumping and saving on gas. It's super stylish. It drives very smoothly. Best value for your money.

4.0

Maintenance of this car is pocket friendly.

For a starter in life and is looking for a fine car in appearance, very good fuel economy, availability of spares, economical in maintenance, user friendly, good leg room in front, this is the car to buy.

4.1

Reliable & Great on Gas Mileage

If you're looking for a basic, cheap, reliable car that's good on gas mileage this is the one for you. I've had mine for 6 years now, put about 95,000 miles on it and it still runs great. Gets around 28/35 mpg. Great car.

1.7

Has stalling problems

Thought it was ok until it started having problems I am afraid to drive it because of the stalling. We fixed the brake light problem and changed the fuel pump still stalls

4.0

Good car for the money

We bought the Accent in 2013. It had 30k miles on it. It has been an excellent vehicle. No problems. All 3 of the drivers in my family have used this car and we all like it. The mileage has been good and we would buy another Hyundai again because of our experience.

4.1

My third Accent

The 2010 Se has proven to be an outstanding performer for the 57,000 miles I've logged so far. I have the 5 speed with the B&M shifter which has done well pulling a 4'8' U-haul and my utility trailer. I have yet to have even the slightest problem with this car. Comfort level is adequate as I have made numerous 18 hour trips with it. Now I will cover the negatives. The 45 series tires cause the car to float on loose gravel so I went to 50 series and the problem went away. Tire mileage is poor at 20,000 per set. The biggest complaint is the rear window, it is always covered with dirt since it does not blow clean. The interior noise is excessive.

Great Little Car

Bought this car for the gas mileage and it did not disappoint! Even better than expected. I have the bare basics but I like that, reminds me of the old days, lol. Besides, the price was extremely good. Handles great, rides great, comfortable even in the back seat which has a surprising amount of leg room. I was also surprised how much you can fit in the little hatch! Great visibility. AC works great but does affect the acceleration a little. Only complaint I have is the headlights don't seem to illuminate enough nor project very far. Other than that, I love the car and WOULD recommend it to others as long as you aren't looking for elegance.

Great Utilitarian Car

My 2010 Hyundai Accent is an incredible automobile. Love to have a stick shift that reminds me how Volkswagens used to be. Sorry VW. I have 96,000 miles on her and have taken many 17 hour trips in her. Also drive an hour to work and lots of fun trips. Great around town. Great at highway speeds. A very agile car when I have needed to swerve to avoid other vehicles veering into my lane. My first 2010 was totalled by a Ferrari and I am grateful to Jesus for such a great car and to have walked away from such an accident. All the airbags functioned beautifully. I love having a hatchback that I pack full of renovation supplies, gardening stuff, steel drums, garvage bins to transport kindling, and it is also handy to help folks to move their belongings. Rear-seats collapse, but not completely, to allow for cargo. I have placed a 1960's cabinet record player in the back, and anything else that I need to transport. The only thing the hatchback needs is some place for tie-downs/bungie cords but I simply drive slowly with the hatch open or cinched onto the license plate frame. Spacious enough in the back-seat for quick jaunts but not for serious roadtrips with friends. One person in the backseat could probably manage alright. Last week I was in Washington DC and loaded her with 70 bricks from a house that was being renovated. She cleans up easy. I love my Hyundai Accent. I am not a fancy girl. I am an artist, a motorcyclist, bicyclist and love the simple things in life. She is the perfect car for me.

96000 miles and still going

I bought this car new in 2010 and have put 96000 miles on it so far. I have done all my own maintenance except for changing the timing belt. The only issue I have had so far was changing out the sway bar stabilizing links - $30 part and 30 min to swap both of them out. Otherwise this car has been cheap to own and very very reliable. I have the 5 speed so I can open it up a bit to get better acceleration when needed and slightly better gas mileage. I plan on putting 250000 miles on this car. Even the battery remains strong after 5 years.