Available as base Blue, GS and sporty SE two-door hatchbacks or a GLS four-door sedan, the Accent competes with economy cars like the Chevrolet Aveo, Nissan Versa and Toyota Yaris. The compact car comes standard with six airbags and a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine. All models include a 10-year, 100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty.
The Accent gets improved EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings and a new base trim, called Blue.
The Accent Blue has black side mirrors and door handles; those parts are body-colored on other trims.
- Available power mirrors
- 14- or 16-inch wheels
- Standard rear window defroster
- Available rear window wiper
- Optional ground-effects kit and alloy fuel door
- Available fog lights
For 2010, all automatic Accents get an “Eco indicator” that tells drivers when they are being very fuel efficient (green), moderately efficient (yellow) and less efficient (red). Manual models have a shift indicator that tells drivers the best time to shift gears for improved fuel economy. Up to five occupants can fit inside the Accent. Air conditioning is standard on all but the Blue trim, where it’s optional. Every door panel contains a bottleholder and storage pockets. Also optional on the Blue model are power windows, power door locks with keyless entry, and heated power mirrors. All those features are standard in the SE hatchback.
- Available tilt steering wheel and six-way driver’s seat with adjustable armrest
- 60/40-split folding rear seat
- Standard AM/FM radio
- Available CD player with USB and MP3 jacks
- Available power sunroof
- Available cruise control
For 2010, all Accents receive lower-friction engine components, low-rolling-resistance tires and other tweaks to improve mileage. The Blue trim adds revised transmission gear ratios and a lower ride height to improve its fuel efficiency.
- 110-horsepower, 1.6-liter four-cylinder with 106 pounds-feet of torque
- Continuously variable valve timing
- Five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission
- SE models with manual transmission have B&M Racing sport shifter
Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes are optional, but are not available on the new Blue trim. Standard features for all models include:
- Front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Roof-mounted side curtain airbags for both rows of seats
- Front seat belt pretensioners