2010 Santa Fe

4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Pleasantly Surprised

by Miami Photog from Miami, FL on December 2, 2010

We got this vehicle as a rental for a trip out to rural New Mexico last week. I'm a die-hard Honda fan and was a little apprehensive about driving a Hyundai for 10 days. This car was really a joy to drive. It handled very well with great tight steering, a nice tight turning radius, and super comfy seats. We did quite a bit of offroading, and it handled the rough driving superbly. We never had a "cheap car" feeling the whole trip. All the interior buttons were in a convenient and natural place and easy to access. Gas mileage was good but not great, although we did a lot of rough driving which is likely the cause of the not-so-ideal mileage. On the highway, it was smooth and easy to handle even driving at 80 mph. The fold flat backseats and tons of room in the back were really helpful to us. We could keep our tripods fully setup and just toss them into the back instead of having to break them down and put them back up constantly, something I really found very useful. I was sad to see this car get returned at the end of the trip. If you're looking for a good small SUV, then I'd highly recommend taking a good look at this one. Very pleasantly surprised!

Uses car for Off-roading

My 2nd Santa Fe, I love this vehicle.

by Patty B Salem IN from Salem, IN on November 19, 2010

I drove my 2004 Santa Fe until it topped 175,000 miles and it was still going strong. I was looking to upgrade to the new technology offered in the new SantaFe for 2010. I LOVE this vehicle. It is a beautiful, peppy vehicle. I get really good gas mileage and I have a 80 mile drive daily. All of these folks out test driving SUVs should make a stop at Hyundai. They are missing out on a great vehicle for the $$$.

Best vehicle I've owned so far.

by Average commuter. from Penticton, B.C. Canada on February 6, 2011

Love the Santa Fe, it has everything people need including the big one, Reliability. I've got the 2010 Sport AWD and this things rocks!. It's comfortable, roomy, lots of storage space, and the 3.5 motor with 276 ponies has major power.....fun fun fun. A very safe and practicle vehicle that I would absolutely recommend. Thanks Hyundai for making my world a better place.

Favorite so far!

by AWD lover! from Caledonia, OH on December 28, 2010

Absolutely love my Santa Fe GLS with AWD!!! I really wanted the SE, but couldn't get it in a comfortable price range. My main reasons for purchasing this vehicle were the safety ratings, comfort, AWD, and price! It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the SE or Limited do, but I was pleasently surprised at how nice it is! Perfect for a family and tons of cargo space! The gas mileage is not too impressive, I average 19.5 mpg, but that is to be expected with a lot of city driving. I also wish it had 3 cup holders up front! lol Obviously, I'm racking my brain to find negatives!

sante fe

by divorced dad of dos from Chicago on August 24, 2011

Went with this car instead of Ford Escape... wasn't looking for a really sporty looking car, this was a bonus. Drives and handles fantastic, with the AWD. Kids love it too, and no longer cringe when Daddy picks them up at school. Good cargo space in rear and seats fold down easy.

Did Not Disappoint

by PA Jay from New Hope, PA on August 29, 2011

We bought the Santa Fe to replace a Yukon XL that just seemed huge and inefficient (and for one of our kids to drive). So far, it has delivered the goods. Reliable, good mileage, comfortable and surprisingly roomy. With extra features like bluetooth in the steering wheel, we've been very pleased. Definitely feel like Hyundai is still delivering value for the money. It was bought CPO, and the Hyundai plan is not nearly as good as some others. But the original warranty is better, so it's a wash. Pleased with product.

good gas mileage

by happy hyundai owner from Denver, Colorado on November 13, 2010

I'd planned on buying a small size-SUV (Subaru Outback-Forester, Ford Escape) but was disappointed with the fuel mileage. My 2010 Santa Fe gets 21 mpg city driving and 27 mpg driving I-70 from Denver to Vail and back. Other owners' say the optimal gas mileage is after about the first 1500 to 2000 miles. That with 5 star safety and low maintenance and I am pleased. JDR

Super sturdy SUV

by Car lover from on September 25, 2013

I bought a second hand Hyundai Santa Fe about 3 years ago from a very dear friend of mine. It had about 15 thousand kilometers and I thought it was a good deal to purchase it from a known and reliable source. Its been 3 years since then and Im simply loving the SUV experience. The car is still super smooth and has never disappointed me any where. I would strongly recommend the car to SUV lovers. Those who cannot afford it, even going on for a second hand deal is not a bad idea.

Nice truck!

by Satisfied customer from Sheboygan, WI on January 14, 2015

We bought our Santa Fe a few years ago and it has been a great vehicle for our family. It is the perfect vehicle for a family of 4. This truck has meet our needs and has been a great family vehicle =)

Saved my life

by L Lanson from Madisonville, LA on August 20, 2017

Was recently in an accident due to hydroplaning on the interstate. I was going below speed limit. The Santa Fe was very responsive to correcting but we did end up on grass that threw us into the trees. We did not flip. The car ended up totaled but it kept us safe with no injuries! It has always been reliable. I owed this car for 8 years! I actually had a hard time turning in the keys. I bought the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport as my next car. Couldn't be happier to stay in the Hyundai family.

1 2 3 4 5