2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Sonata Hybrid Hyundai
Explore the 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Shop the 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
4.1

Awesome car, but has room for improvement

This is one of the best cars that I have owned. Let me first list the things that I likes, 1. Quiet ride, ride comfort 2. Milage (after software update) 3. Exterior and interior style Here are the things that will make this a lot better, 1. Better milage 2. Interior and exterior materials feels cheap 3. Sluggish acceleration, especially when you need it.

If I could aford it Iwould get it

great mpg, is quiet, not cramped, comfortable, looks cool, runs great overall it is a very good car.

4.1

Gas sipper!

Very reliable with excellent technology features. Trunk is small due to the battery placement. Excellent gas mileage. Do not hold value very well but that is true of most sedans.

In love

This was the first car I've ever financed and I have no regrets. I love the exterior and interior design. It is very comfortable to drive and sit in. Gets great gas mileage. The only thing I've had to get replaced in the last 5 years was a wheel bearing which is covered under my warranty so I did not have to pay anything. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a stylish but affordable hybrid.

4.0

Overall a very good car.

Miles per gallon not nearly what the sticker said. At best I get 30.5 mpg. I do live in high altitude which they say is one factor. Please tell me what you get. Thank you.

4.4

best car for the money I've ever owned

This model-quick ,quiet! In five years, replaced the engine battery and brakes ,with 88,000 miles! Required maintenance is minimal; a six speed auto tranny you can shift-and the ability to take it out of hybrid mode in heavy snow!

Rare opportunity

Rare you'll find a 2012 Hybrid Sonata with only 25,000 miles Purchased new, just don't drive it much.

4.3

More for your money

So far so good, only have had a short time. This is our third Hyundai, can't beat what you receive for your money. Disappointed the boothtooth doesn't work well with iPhone 6, wife doesn't seem to have issues with her Android though. Head room a little tight. Different driving a hybrid, but getting use to it. Love the gas savings. (Rideshare)

I love this car more than any other car I owned

This car is a perfect family car. Pros: 1. Interior Quality 2. Tech 3. Audio System 4. Price 5. Reliable Cons: 1. Sluggish acceleration at times 2. Milage is not as promised

Love My Sonata Hybrid!

I recently purchased a black 2012 Sonata Hybrid with only 39,000 miles on it. The car was well cared for and looks almost new. I know some people have complained that the hybrid system isn't the most refined, but after driving this daily for almost a month, I LOVE this car! There is plenty of power under the hood when you need it, and once you begin to learn how to truly drive a hybrid and use the various options on the screens to teach you how to keep the car in a fuel efficient state, you will be surprised with the MPG's you can crank out. Bear in mind, this isn't a small car or a Prius, so you're not going to get 50mpg. I traded a 2010 Ford Fusion for this, and I am getting 10-12 mpg better than I did with what is in my opinion a much better looking and handling car with more horsepower under the hood. I'm getting 120-150 miles more on a tank of fuel in mixed driving than I did with the Fusion. I anticipate having this car for a long time and look forward to learning how to be even more efficient with the MPG's. Keeping the car in EV mode quickly becomes a game!