2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Sonata Hybrid Hyundai
Explore the 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Shop the 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

Most reliable and comfortable

I am very impressed by my Hybrid Sonada, I have had a 36 month lease, which will expire in March of 2014, and have had a great driving experience, best gas mileage,one could expect . Hyundia even sent me a cash voucher in the form of a cash credit card, which I used for anything I might want to purchase. I am so satisfied with my Sonada, after having it for approximately 18 months. I just purchased the Hyundia accent for a second car.

Excellent affordable hybrid

The Hyundai Sonata Hybrid performs smoothly, giving a comfortable ride and very good mileage (37+MPG with only city driving thus far). Controls are easily readable. Suspension is a bit taut, but it's not a luxury car--a mid-size affordable hybrid that holds 5 comfortably. Nice exterior styling, with basic fabric seats inside. Very pleased overall.

Love My Wife's Ride

We love the new car we just got. We had a 2011 Sonata Hybrid and loved it so we decided to upgrade to the 2013 Limited and are glad we made the move. We average 40 mile to the gallon and we have a very comfortable and good looking car.

favorite car

The 2013 Sonata is probably my favorite car that I've ever owned. This car is a pleasure to drive. It is so comfortable and relaxing. The Infinity sound system is the best I've had in an automobile. The fuel mileage is so good you can afford to just turn the radio on and go for a drive. We average about 37.5 mpg.Little sluggish on normal take off like any hybrid but lots of power if you need it.

An astonishing car

I wanted a quiet and comfortable car. I got way more than I ever expected. Mind you, I got the "base" version. No leather, no GPS, no touchscreen, no back-up camera. Know what? It still looks and feels like a luxury car. The ride is so smooth, you barely hear the gas engine, you don't hear the electric engine at all... As for mileage, I get 40 MPG without even trying. I never really had a heavy foot though. But when I do need to put the pedal to the metal, the car responds, and then some. When both powertrains work at the same time, you get a LOT of power. More than I expected in a hybrid. In heavy traffic, this car saves you loads of fuel, primarily due to the electric engine that takes over. But this same engine can also allow you to cruise at high speeds and save you even more. Seriously, I don't know why there are non-hybrid Sonatas. Sure, the sticker price and payments will be higher, but you'll save more than the difference on gas, so there is no logical reason for choosing the non-hybrid version... Seriously: I highly recommend giving it a test drive. You won't be disappointed.

Love the Hyundai Hybrid

I absolutely love this car! It is comfortable, stylish, and gets great gas mileage. Watching the instant fuel consumption MPG makes driving fun. My most recent trip clocked in 41.7 MPG! I was worried about pep and performance, but once I drove this car, it was more than I had hoped for. I'll recommend it 100%! The only downside was local dealers didn't have the sky blue color that I wanted. When I'm buying something significant, I want all of the features and color that I like. Cars.com allowed me to search for the exact match.

2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited

After having driven a 2008 Prius (which I absolutely love) for a few years it was time to look for a new car. The choices are obvious and many if looking for a hybrid. I settled on the Sonata Hybrid Limited with Tech package for several reasons. With the car fully loaded, the list price of this car is so much lower than other vehicles. The ride and comfort are luxurious. Although I've only had this car for 2 weeks, I have to say I absolutely love it. it is way much more comfortable and luxurious than the Prius, even the new ones. The BlueLink package that comes standard for 3 years is phenomenal. The power train warranty of 10/1000 is a great feature too. Actually all of the warranty specifics are great. If you're looking for a comfortable hybrid with good interior space, great styling, great ammenities, look no further.

Great styling, fun to drive

Bought this car mainly because I fell in love with the styling. It is a challenge to drive a hybrid properly, but on long trips, we are getting in excess of 40 MPG. I have a heavy foot driving style so it has been a challenge to learning to drive different, but if you work at it, the numbers are easily achievable. We bought this to lower our monthly gas bill, two 12 mpg SUV's were killing us. I really like the car, it isn't a hot rod, but it is a smooth car all around. I do notice a bit of road noise, but living in PA, our roads are not the best. If you long for something that looks futuristic, and you are not going to look like the owner of a fleet vehicle, consider the 2013 Sonota Hybrid.

4.4

Sharp car...eye opener

like everything about the car but the gas milage. Was rated much higher than we are getting. Bought a hybrid for the milage. Lots of coventional cars get just as good of milage.

Great Roomy Hybrid

I liked the 2011 and 2012 Sonata Hybrids. The 2013 model has looks the same, but has an improvement in the hybrid drivetrain that improves mileage by increasing the likelihood of being in electric motor mode. The changes was to increase the battery capacity and to increase the power of the electric engine, so that the electric motor is able to move the car more of the time and under circumstances that required more power. The biggest improvements are in city driving and that one can drive in EV mode on the highway at higher speeds and for longer times. The Sonata hybrid maintained basically the same interior and exterior features. that made the car comfortable and attractive.