2011 Hyundai Tucson consumer reviews

side view of 2011 Tucson Hyundai
Explore the 2011 Tucson Hyundai
Shop the 2011 Tucson Hyundai
4.0

I Love my 2011 Tuscon EXCEPT for...

... the Bluetooth- everyone complains there's a lot of background noise and they can't hear me... I end up having to use my cell any way ... the GPS- it is so outdated i drive right past places that don't show up in my seaches or POIs. I can be sitting on the corner of a department store, put in the search for that specific store, and it will tell me the closest one is miles away. Very outdated, not accurate at all. And I have been told that you cannot get traffic on the GPS unless you sign up for the monthly satellite radio, which i do not want! .... really disappointed, those were the two things i really wanted and needed when purchasing this car .... really miss knowing the outside temp too

Hyundai - Tucson 2011 Car

Professional Service at Nissan Volvo, - Weston the best transaction of purchasing another car that I have ever experienced -

2.0

They don' tuse mirrors, just cheap parts

Buying a Hyundai was the worse buying experience I have ever experienced The salesperson was rude, uneducated, and a high pressure expert. After the sale, service was as foreign as Saddatt. It was impossible to get satisfactory repairs and the dealer's management were ignorant and stupid. I contacted Hyundair Customer Assistance in CA and they just passed me from one extension to another, then the last one hung up on me. The only good thing I can say about Hyundai is that their cars are vary pleasing to the eye, but after the sale, they forget you. They achieve lower MSRP by using cheap cojmponents in their cars and hi-pressure in their showrooms. I have since dumped tghe Tuscon in favor of a good old standard American Car, the Ford Focus. I would never ever even consider a Hyundar/Kia thing.

Love that Tucson!

I love the styling of the Tucson. The interior has a very unique and beautiful finish that I just love! I have a brown finish, and that is unusual. The inside looks like a luxury vehicle. The drive is fantastic for a small SUV. I plan to hang on to this for the next 10 years.

3.6

Unacceptable

I rarely write reviews, but feel that I need to after my experience and others' experiences with Hyundai. I currently own a 2011 Tuscon Limited AWD, leather heated seats. I bought it brand new. Here are the good things about it: Overall loved it. It is very comfortable to me, especially with the heated seats. It rides nice, gas mileage isn't bad, stereo sounds good, Bluetooth is very convenient, and it looks great. Now for the bad: I have had this car a year and a half and have just over 6,000 miles on it. It has been in the garage twice now; once for transmission issues, and it is currently in the garage because of, once again, transmission issues and problems with the fuel system, not to mention that one of the lights for the license plate just broke and fell out and is just hanging there. This is all totally unacceptable for a car with just over 6,000 miles I would like to say it was just a fluke because sometimes it happens, but when I was picked up to get a loner from the shop because mine was unsafe to drive (according to the Hyundai shop), the mechanic told me "Don't feel bad. Your's isn't the only one. We just had one in that only had 3,000 miles on it." A friend of mine also had issues with his 2011 Elantra. Right around 5,000 miles his started having all sorts of issues. He ended up trading it in not long ago. I'm about ready to do the same as soon as I get mine back from the shop. I am extremely disappointed in Hyundai, and I will certainly never buy another one.

Perfect solution

If you are looking for a crossover with excellent fuel efficiency, more than adequate power, a luxurious feeling interior and stylish exterior then look no further. With the Tucson you get twice the car as some of the more expensive models but for half the price. It's the perfect solution if you need a commuter for all kinds of weather but still want to be able to take it camping, skiing and mild off road driving. I love my Tucson!

hadahonda

My Tucson is great, it does everything well or better, the handling, is incredible considering the type of vehicle it is, like alot of the reviews say, straight line driving takes a fair amount of small adjustments because of the electronic power steering, but it becomes second nature after a while. I get an honest 32 miles per on the highway(trips of more than an hour) and about 20 around town. Performance is very good for a 4 banger, probably because of the 6 speed automatic, which is probably the best automatic I've driven. The interior is visually quite nice, and instruments are easily used and accessed. The four wheel drive, at times feels seamless, it's just there for you, and you can vary the type of 4 wheel that you need. Sadly, or not, I'm going to trade it in soon, and get a tucson w/ the turbo. I do wish Hyundai had some better colors for the Tucson.

4.1

Caution! Steering far too sensitive on this SUV.

We own a 2008 Hyundai Sante Fe and are very pleased with it. We thought we would like the new styled Tucson just as well. Pre-purchase research suggested the only problem with the 2010 Tucson was the sensitivity of the electric power steering. Our dealer told us Hyundai "fixed that", so we purchased a new 2011. He lied! Our Tucson proved to be so sensitive, three time the vehicle went off the road and once almost caused a head on collision after only modest steering adjustment. After twelve months of tense driving, we traded it off. If it were not for the poorly engineered electric steering, this would have been an excellent car for looks, ride, styling, and value.

I love this car!

This is a great all-around vehicle. Fun to drive, comfortable, stylish and, at Hyundai prices, I could actually afford all the bells and whistles. The only option i didn't get was the V6 and that was because I didn't want to take the hit on gas mileage - fortunately, I only feel that for a split-second when i am in a situation where i have to accelerate quickly - the hesitation is slight and only occurs at the start of accelerating, not as the car progresses thru the rest of the gears, so hasn't proven to be a big deal for me.

Most updated car I've owned

Love all the bells and whistles on my 2011 Hyundai Tucson Limited. GPS, Sirius Radio, Panorama Sunroof, backup camera, Bluetooth phone connection. It also gets great gas mileage. Traded in a 2007 Hyundai Tucson Limited. Wish the new one had the rear window lift up like the older one did. Also wish it had the compass on the rearview mirror again.