2019 Hyundai Tucson consumer reviews

Explore the 2019 Hyundai Tucson
Shop the 2019 Hyundai Tucson
4.3

The Reviews Got it Right

After extensive research on subcompact and compact SUVs, I settled on the 2019 Hyundai Tucson. I purchased an end-of-year Sport trim with 19-inch wheels, 2.4-liter engine, automatic lift gate, and Infinity sound system. My impressions after 2850 miles, which included a recent 1000-mile road trip, are as follows: - engine provides adequate power in-town and on highways; maintains speed on mountain roads - automatic transmission shifts smoothly in both directions - handling secure and reliable but not especially sporty even in the "Sport" driving mode - seats comfortable; driver's seat especially so with power-assisted adjustments; manual front passenger less so and sits low - ride variable; very smooth and quiet on well-paved blacktop; less so on other surfaces with the 19-inch wheels - mpg slightly better than EPA estimates driving conservatively - rear-view vision somewhat hampered by small lift gate window and wide rear body pillars; distance of vehicle front to close objects difficult to estimate due to lowered front end - easy to use infotainment and climate control systems; upgraded sound system provides plenty of well-distributed volume around the eight speakers with only minor distortion at upper end - rear-view camera adequate; less sharp at night and at distance - cargo area small but sufficient for light luggage, shopping, etc. Overall, I am very pleased so far with my 2019 Tucson; a lot of vehicle for the price and backed by the best new-car warranty in the industry.

Gorgeous inside and out.

I owned a Hyundai Santa Fe for 17 years. It was time for a newer auto & picked the Hyundai Tuscon. Looking forward to another 17 years.

4.3

Great first car!

I love this car. It was a great first car purchase as it is very affordable for an SUV and it comes with a lot of perks for its value. Many safety features and additional features that other brands charge more for, but the Hyundai Tucson comes standard. The interior and exterior are very competitive towards some mid-luxury car competitors. The car is very spacious and Apple CarPlay is the best thing ever with the hovering infotainment system.

Confortable, reliable car.

This is the third Hyundai I have owned...each one gets better. All of are cars have been reliable and lasted. Will buy a forth when the time comes

Love this car

I love this car. The way it drives, how it's on gas and overall comfort! I have always wanted this car but thought it wasn't in my budget 😅

Very happy with the 2019 Tucson sport

I have only owned for almost a week, so cannot speak to reliability (except to say my mom had a 2007, traded in for a 2017 sport and loves it, no issues). As I have to enter a rating, I will put a 5 based on that. As for Performance and Interior Design, a 4 is very good; I save 5's for Audi's, Mercedes. I went from a 2015 Outlander GT to the 2019 Tucson sport (I no longer needed third row). I wanted something sportier, more fun to drive, very good options, price and warranty. Found it with this vehicle. I am not a fan of leather seats and or dark trim, so I really like the premium beige cloth seats. The dusk blue is a very attractive color. For a SUV in this size class, quite a bit of room front and back seats, cargo area. And when you open, close the door, has that heavier (but smooth!) feel of a more expensive car.Hyundai has done a really good job here.

Best bang for the buck

I was going to wait for one more year to look at the Hyundai Tucson SEL until the deal of all deals. Amazing leg room, nice comfort and a smooth ride. Plenty of space in the back. If you are looking at the SE consider the SEL first, larger engine, upgraded interior, so worth it.

The best car, including warranty, price , looks an

A very nice car, which will be perfect for my needs. I especially like the warranty, color, The ride is smooth and the technology of lane assistance is amazing.

Most wonderful car I’ve ever owned.

This car is the best car I’ve ever had. It’s very comfortable, roomy, spacious and pretty. The team at the dealership was fantastic. They answered all questions when asked and were the nicest ppl.

Great New Car Purchase!

My favorite features of my Tucson are the ease of handling, Apple CarPlay with HD radio, power and heated front seat, lane keep assist, rear cross traffic alert, and blind spot detection system. I had driven a Chrysler Town and Country for 13 years and I feel much safer in the Tucson. My first long trip (within a week after my purchase) was a 500 mile trip to visit family. The Tucson rides”harder” than the Town and Country ( to be expected!) but the support is great and I am sure that I will adjust.