2012 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 26 reviews

Great starter SUV

by from Rancho Santa Margarita, CA on January 27, 2012

I recently bought my 2012 Jeep Compass Limited and I love it! I've always had cars and was nervous about getting an SUV. However the great thing about the Compass is that it drives and handles just like a car. The Compass is a great starter SUV for any individual or family. The interior is very comfortable with heated leather seats, NAV and Bluetooth. The drive is smooth and it has great traction control. I would definitely recommend this car.

suprisingly roomy compact suv

by from Summersville WV on March 3, 2012

Purchased in january 2012 so far we're pleased. Chose the latitude with sun and sound package we put winter tread tires on this vehicle it seams to be unstoppable in winter weather, very pleased with that aspect of vehicle. Plenty of leg room, headroomin front and backseats, luggage/grocery room behind back seat. Seats are a little hard and uncomfortable but not terribly bad could be improved though. We were hoping for better gas mileage thats why we traded our larger suv in for it. We live in the mountians of WV and the curvy mountainous roads keep the small 2.4 liter engine from getting what the sticker said it would still does better than our old suv by 5mpg. The small engine doesn't seem overworked or underpowered for the hills it pulls them with relative ease. The last thing I'll comment on is engine noise it's a littlle loud accelerating out of these curves and up these hills also in stop and go city driving. The noise isn't as noticeable on interstate driving or at low rpm's. I think our compass will overall meet or exceed our expectations for a run about/daily commute to work vehicle. Hope this was helpful, good luck.

Love my Jeep Compass

by from Norwalk, CT on January 19, 2012

Recently traded in my beloved Jeep Wrangler for a 2012 Jeep Compass. It got to the point where I needed something more practical and with better gas mileage; I found that in my Jeep Compass. The Jeep Compass allows me to keep the enjoyment and stylishness of my Jeep but the functionality and benefits of a luxury car. I purchased a 4WD Latitude Model and I couldn't be happier. My car came with the optional FWD (just like my wrangler) and the added benefits of heated seats and outside mirrors, Blue Tooth technology and a remote starter. Unlike similarly sized cars, all of these luxuries came standard on the affordable priced Compass. I love that Compass has 4WD capability yet comes in the convenient size of a compact SUV/Crossover. I would recommend this car to everyone.

The best suv I have ever driven

by from Fort Worth, TX on December 4, 2011

I love my new Jeep Compass! It rides smoothly and handles well. My Son loves how roomy the backseat is. Can fit a lot in the back. Would definitly recommend this SUV to anyone.

great off road great gas milage

by from front royal Va. on April 23, 2012

Live at the top of a mountain on dirt roads the trail rated 4WD system can not be stoped in the winter

Pretty good SUV

by from Tyler, TX on October 14, 2014

I bought this Compass brand new off the lot in July 2012. 2.4 liter with auto transmission. It has been a good SUV, but I liked my Mitsubishi Outlander better. As I went to the Compass, I got a slightly smaller SUV in terms of cabin room and engine performance. I don't care too much for the CVT transmission and told the dealer so. Dealer said that is the way these vehicles are going to be. I also was disappointed in the size of the fuel tank at 13 gallons...means more fuel stops on long trips. On the good side, the seats are comfortable on long trips, handling is excellent and it holds its own on the interstate. I've taken it across Texas several times and three times to Florida.

nice car

by from st louis mo on February 16, 2012

Just bought a new Jeep Compass..traded in my 2002 Jeep Cherokee..not as nice as the old Jeep but for the money it is great. It is quiet, steers great and has a lot more zip than I thought it would, and it is much better on gas!

2012 Compass

by from Lawrence, KS on September 23, 2012

I upgraded from a 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport, which I loved dearly. Besides the Jeep name, the exterior styling of the Compass is what attracted me. Because I cannot afford the new Grand Cherokee I focused on the Compass, which has similar front-end styling. I love the CVT transmission, but be aware that it does take some getting used to. I thought it was sluggish, but it's because I couldn't hear or feel the transmission shifting gears. I love the ease of all the interior controls. The tall riding backseat bench is comfortable. I don't feel like my legs are in my chest. I like that the spare tire is kept under the cargo space. It is extremely easy to fold down the back seats. I will say that the front seats are not the most comfortable, however they are a step up from my 1997. Overall, I bought a brand new vehicle for a stellar price and am impressed as ever with the Jeep. I will be loyal to the brand for life.

Nice Jeep Compass Sport

by from California on April 10, 2012

I was looking for a 4X4 that has great gas mileage and handles well, and I found it. After reading all professional reviews online I chose to get the 5spd sport. It handles nicely and has a lot of zip for a 4cyl 2.4l. The interior is nice and comfortable and the sport is nicely equipped even with it being the lower end model in the Compass line. Still has cruise control, A/C, power windows and door locks, and 4 wheel drive, with one pull of a lever. It is very quiet and great on gas. The new styling is what brought me to it and everything else it has made me buy it.

Good car

by from on December 20, 2012

I have enjoyed my Jeep. I have no complaints. The gas mileage is not as good as my Saturn was, but the style outside and inside is very modern